All Time Favorite...

I'm curious about this.

If you could pick your all time favorite anthology story from any anthology, which would it be and why?

If you've not been around since the dawn of time and have only read a few anthologies, that's ok, give me your opinion too... but I do want to hear from everyone.

I really like Andy's The Price of Love. It brought tears to my eyes and not that many stories have that effect on me :D

:*) Thanks John.

Mine would have to be Strange Family, Unusual Lovers & Other Jobs by Comicfan I loved the fantasy and creatures!;)

I have to agree this was one of my two favorites. IDK, just something about this one, it was just 'there' for me.

The other - and hopefully this isn't too much of a suck up - is Lugh's My Mystic Knight. Was a lot in a little space [yeah I know it was a billion words but still. Too bad he never finished it :/

• Site Administrator

I think the one that affected me the most as I read it was Ben Goes to the Zoo by Hamen Cheese. I beta read for it and cried the first time and then cried again when I read it in the anthology. It just had a lot of meaning and you could feel the absolute dedication to his brother that laced the main character's personality. I can think of many others I enjoyed, even some that also made me cry, but I consider this one as my 'favorite'.

I think the one that affected me the most as I read it was Ben Goes to the Zoo by Hamen Cheese. I beta read for it and cried the first time and then cried again when I read it in the anthology. It just had a lot of meaning and you could feel the absolute dedication to his brother that laced the main character's personality. I can think of many others I enjoyed, even some that also made me cry, but I consider this one as my 'favorite'.

I'm pretty new, so I haven't read many anthos, but I'm gonna agree w/ Cia on this for my current favorite.

This is my first antho read up and i'm still getting through it.

My favourite so far has to be Jian's THEREAFTER You know who it is, but it just could be him or even him.

Great twists turns and visuals. :boy:

Call me weird but mine is a story named Dog Food by Jfalkon, in the Summer Antho of 2008.

The antho's I've read these couple of years are really good too, but if I had to think of one on the spot I'd still pick Dog Food.

It probs has something to do with the fact that it was one of the antho stories I read and Jfalkon is not an active member. :/

• Site Administrator

Sorry, but there are too many great stories for me to pick a 'best'.

Then I thought I'd select a 'best anthology', but even that's difficult. But I'll give that one a go and nominate the 2007 The Rainy Day anthology -- though I've got a real soft spot for both the Fairy Tales anthology and the Anniversary anthology, too...