help me choose a wedding dress for my boyfriend

achilless

Okay, I'm gonna go out on a different limb here - yeah I'm such a rebel aren't I.

IF the bf wants to wear a wedding dress - what's the big deal? It's their wedding.

My only problem with helping is I have zero fashion sense. it's a good thing I only need a tux for our wedding, A black tux is easy to pick - um I take the black one with the white shirt and black bow tie. :P

Sorry dude, all three you had look fine with to me lol.

• Like 5

P001. It looks simple but still pretty.

Why are you picking the dress though? Aren't people supposed to have that "this is the one" moment before the pick something?

Well a lot of them are pretty... I need to know what he looks like to choose a dress... Skin tones, hair styles, shoulder width, body type, weight, height, eye shape/color, face shape, etc. all would play a huge roll on what style of wedding dress would look best on him... Besides you need to consider his own particular desires. Choosing a wedding dress is a pretty big deal for most weddings.

There are a lot of pretty ones on the page. What will you be wearing? I know that a wedding dress is a very personal choice after watching my 2 sisters get theirs, are you just helping narrow down the selection or picking for him? Happy dress hunting!

I am in love with this one: My link

My wedding dress was a Henry Roth, I love his work - and the one I chose in the link is similar.. I don't like trains or the ball gown poofy things.. lol.

I am in love with this one: My link

My wedding dress was a Henry Roth, I love his work - and the one I chose in the link is similar.. I don't like trains or the ball gown poofy things.. lol.

I think we'd need to see a photo of your boyfriend before we could judge. Right now I've got him pictured as gothy wan type with long hair, white make-up, and black lipstick.

I second Curti -- it's hard to say which would be the best pick without knowing the shape of your fiance. I like P001 the best of what was there, simple, sweet, elegant. 10010 is quite nice too.

All the best, planning for a wedding is hard work!

:D

• Like 1

My main question is - shouldn't it be his choice? I mean - I thought you were supposed to see the dress for the first time when you are about to be married...

Rings I think should be a joint decision, but clothes for the ceremony I think are up to each individual.

• Like 1

Okay, so...

1) What's wrong with a man wearing a dress? If it's what he wants and it isn't hurting anybody, why not? We should be focusing on the fact that a fellow GA member is getting married! Posted Image

2) Maybe they just want to pick out each others' clothes. My folks did that when they got married.

3) I really like this one. It's simple, but affordable and pretty. I also think it could meld to most body types, but I dunno much about dresses.

4) Congratulations! Prosperity to you!

• Like 1

Interesting discussion, I sent PM (personal message) you will see green # next to your pic near top right hand corner

I am not sure what your budget is ... but wedding dress are meant to be fitted properly just like a tux but a little more delicately done.

I think we'd need to see a photo of your boyfriend before we could judge. Right now I've got him pictured as gothy wan type with long hair, white make-up, and black lipstick.

Posted Image

Edited by achilless