One Direction. Real deal or just hype?

DragonFire

One Direction is totally just hype right now. I mean theres time for them to make a name and statement to say there here to stay like bieber did but, at this moment I dont see it happening. Overall, i dont have a problem with this group they are very easy on the eyes plus they're gay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjqiszDGA5s

I love their energy here...neat cover, and you can just see how much fun they're having with it.

Kids from America? They're from the UK...

They are all very cute too. Not the 'I wanna throw you onto my bed and boogey you under the covers' cute, but the 'your really easy on the eyes' cute.

More like "Friends of my four year old brother" cute... for me

Kids from America? They're from the UK...

Interestingly, it's a cover of a 1982 hit song by Kim Wilde, who was from the UK or Australian or something like that.

More like "Friends of my four year old brother" cute... for me

For me, they're "adorable gay twinks that I want to hang with" cute. In terms of people I actually want to bang...that'd be Max George from the Wanted. Holy hell that guy looks like he'd be good in the sack.

The guy playing Niall was hot. Man.

The funny thing about Directioners is that a lot of them are totally into embracing the idea of the guys being gay, and being with each other in a sexual way. I remember back in the late 90's, you'd suggest a guy from BSB or N'Sync was gay, and the fangirls would lose it. Edited by methodwriter85

Guest enragedpillows

Hype! Just like the Jonas Brothers, and every other boy band pop group.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny "One Thing" parody...an older guy gets just a little bit too much into a certain boyband from the UK.

I loved the Wanted reference at the end. LMAO.

On a shallow note, the cute twinky brunet they had in the white henley shirt and khakis? In a New York minute.

God, I love Key of Awesome.

Edited by methodwriter85

• 1 month later...

They look pretty generic to me. And the song evokes Friday, Friday... Posted Image

OH GOD! The first time I viewed that song "Friday" it only had 500k views, then BOOM! -- I was about to show it to a friend of mine the next day, then another gastroenteritis explosion catapulted the views, which had it spurted to 3mil views in a span of 24 hours. The power of teeny-bopper era supersedes any logic as to why the lyrics of a song should be paramount in a song.

One Direction I think is a one-hit-wonder unless they produce songs that actually has sense or is relatable to other market segments, other than their demographics, which is the tweens, teens, pubescent teens, and pre-pubescent teens.

Even the era of backstreet boys, spice girls, A1, westlife, and other boy bands that exceeded the quota that they would diminish somehow within mainstream pop-culture; some of the groups that I've mentions have songs that are very relatable besides the "Ohhs" and "Aaahs" you'd get from auto-tuned tracks nowadays. Which provided them a lasting power even after all these years.

And you can't trust singers nowadays, with the rampant and blatant excessive abuse of auto-tuned tracks available in iTunes. What you hear from the album isn't necessarily realistic or based on what you've imagined or heard once you've seen them perform live.

The guy playing Niall was hot. Man.

The funny thing about Directioners is that a lot of them are totally into embracing the idea of the guys being gay, and being with each other in a sexual way. I remember back in the late 90's, you'd suggest a guy from BSB or N'Sync was gay, and the fangirls would lose it.

Yup. The evident whistling falsetto at the end got me mate. I can feel the essence of Mariah Carey being imbibed by the guy with a 5'o Clock shadow. Fierce sistah. And I like that guy's top. Does this make me gay? Hmmm. Haha.

Years ago there was DreamStreet ... a band put together by a talent show

they disbanded because the parents didn't like their children getting into the negatives of the music industry like drugs, boozes, sex, loss of family values

mmm the clean cut turning into the darker shades ... ie: Justin\Derek Bieber ... Hanna Montana ... lol the dad didn't like her getting in the drugs n sex

but hey she's 18 ... now Derek Bieber ... lol ... is going that way ... one wonders what his religious mom thinks is happening??

religious rebellion?

now one wonders what the parents of OD think about their children's fame? are they willing to mature with their kids as lone as some $$$ comes their way?

Edited by hh5

It seems my assessment was wrong. They [boy bands] are taking over the radio channels here.

There's another song I heard of the radio recently in the US, which I'm sure hit the European market much earlier... how does it go.... I can hear the tune but not the lyrics...

"I'm glad you came, glad you came." Repeats that a lot. Then theres a part where they (he) offers a girl a drink or something. Anyway I swear there's like 15 words totaled in the song and it's just repeated OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER again. I mean it was worst than the "Friday" song. The only reason it sounded good was the boys' voices were okay and the music was catchy.

I know it's a boy band from the UK, the DJ said something to that effect. I had to change the station back to my country music. It was awful. I'm not sure if it was One Direction or not but yeah...

Guess boy bands are coming back. I'm with XbadboyX.

Why not some other types of song where the whole band sings along with. A band that sings and play. <--- that was horrible. What I meant to say was: Brings the question, what's the difference between One Direction and Maroon 5? Regarding the term "band" I mean, not music. I mean if all members of Maroon 5 sang, would they be conisdered a boy band? If that's that case... yes I wished there were boy bands who sang songs like Maroon 5, or Fun. or Nickleback, or GYm Class Heroes or My Chemical Romance or well... yeah ...

Thats another band i believe...

Idk about you guys but, this is idk it doesnt go for me. If this is R&B idk what the hell happened to R&B anymore....Pretty much the same with Nicki Minaj as American Idol judge..

• 1 month later...

What's Harry got that Conor doesn't for Taylor Swift?

Will Harry get a broken heart worst than Conor when the Swift Season is over?

Don't Kennedy's have something over OD twinks?

Thank GOD I am immune to One Direction, Justin Bieber, and all their ilk. Thank GOD!

I got into One Direction because of the parodies about them. They really seem to have a good humor about themselves and don't take themselves seriously like Bieber. Bieber's "haters" comment at the AMA's seriously bugged the crap out of me.

The Wanted are actually pretty cool and interesting though- they've got an edge to them that One Direction doesn't have, and they're not generic-looking. You might like them better.

They have a sensibility that reminds me of Robbie Williams during his "Millenium" phase.

Edited by methodwriter85

• 2 weeks later...
The Wanted are actually pretty cool and interesting though- they've got an edge to them that One Direction doesn't have, and they're not generic-looking. You might like them better

I agree. I really love the wanted, my favourites being

and I found you :P

• 2 weeks later...

is taylor swift ... swift to change boys ... every other season ... 

Reports: Taylor Swift, Harry Styles split

The singers reportedly had a big fight while on vacation.

Looks like Taylor Swift has fresh material for a new song'

what song did she write for kennedy?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...