Are you a troll?

Let's face it, we're all a little bit of a troll on the internet.

So what's troll would you be? Or better yet, do you know a troll in disguise? Ever had a run around with a silly troll? They are pretty silly....

Most common types of trolls: http://www.smosh.com...internet-trolls

I'd be a little of the White Knight Troll. XD

Edited by Arpeggio

I've been the Spoiler (It's never been as fun as it was when Half Blood Prince first came out) and the Sharing troll before but I'm usually a normal poster everywhere. I'm actually more of a joke/gimmick account than a troll if I'm not gonna post seriously.

Posted Image

I am a very special type of troll. Not like any of the ones listed.

I like to attack what is considered "the conventional wisdom".

When the conventional wisdom says that Obama is the best thing since sliced bread or Bush has horns and a forked tail, I attack! The truth is always somewhere in the middle and to we get entirely to comfortable with corporations reading corporate press releases telling us that other corporations are evil.

Once upon a time the conventional wisdom said that left handed people were the devil's own and that homosexuals needed lobotomies.

THINK for yourself. CHALLENGE convention. FIND the truth.

• Like 1

Look it up in the dictionary. There's a picture of you there. Posted Image

troll   [trohl] Posted Image race of supernatural beings, sometimes conceived as giants and sometimes as dwarfs, inhabiting caves or subterranean dwellings.

Slang. a person who lives or sleeps in a park or under a viaduct or bridge, as a bag lady or derelict.

Origin: 1610–20; < Old Norse troll demon

What do giants and homeless people have to do with anything? I'm kinda tall, but I'm not a giant, and I'm not homeless either. So no, I'm not a troll

What's a troll?

It's one of the many words that have acquired a new social media meaning:

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted"."

Warning: you may find such creatures are not entirely absent from these forums :)

Edited by Zombie

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted"."

Warning: you may find such creatures are not entirely absent from these forums Posted Image

I still don't see what that has to do with homeless people and mystical giants. Whoever came up with that wasn't right in the head. IMO, people who do that should just be called "asshole."

I still don't see what that has to do with homeless people and mystical giants. Whoever came up with that wasn't right in the head. IMO, people who do that should just be called "asshole."

Troll is basically a safe for work way of saying asshole.

That's one definition.

There are several actually.

From the Urban Dictionary:

Troll- One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

It is also a verb:

example: I'm going to troll the republicans and the democrats at the same time on Digg. (this is good for hours of fun- they get so confused when you flame Bush and Obama at the same time)

Not every troll is an asshole. The best trolls aren't there simply to stir the pot (although many are). The best trolls are there to expand your consciousness and make you see many sides of an issue.

For instance: it's real easy to get drawn into the Israeli-Palestinian thing and think that everything is the fault of one side or another. A proper troll will spank you hard for thinking like that.

That's one definition.

There are several actually.

From the Urban Dictionary:

Troll- One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

It is also a verb:

example: I'm going to troll the republicans and the democrats at the same time on Digg. (this is good for hours of fun- they get so confused when you flame Bush and Obama at the same time)

Not every troll is an asshole. The best trolls aren't there simply to stir the pot (although many are). The best trolls are there to expand your consciousness and make you see many sides of an issue.

For instance: it's real easy to get drawn into the Israeli-Palestinian thing and think that everything is the fault of one side or another. A proper troll will spank you hard for thinking like that.

Warning: you may find such creatures are not entirely absent from these forums Posted Image

Look it up in the dictionary. There's a picture of you there. Posted Image

Posted Image