Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Wow, who pissed in Jeremy's Cherios? :P

It might be frowned upon to go to the same school for law school as you did for undergraduate, but not that much and certainly not at top tier schools like Harvard, Yale. Columbia, Stanfurd, Cal and not even at the USC, Duke and UCLA tier.

It hasn't been easy to get into Cal ever, not even in 1960's or before, it has always been an elite school and if you were not a top 2% student at your high school and didn't have SATs to die for (1500+ in the old system) you weren't getting in unless you were a football or basketball star.

I think it makes sense for Wade to stay in the Bay Area for law school and I would love to see him at MoFo for an internship because Mark Arbour could just have so much fun with that name. Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe could be an interesting one too for its West VA connection

I feel badly for Tiffany, she has to be having postpartum blues and feeling like just a breeding cow with nothing going for her. She isn't a trophy wife for a rich guy so she can just go to Pilates and plan cocktail parties in their fabulous house, she doesn't have a great career and I forget her level of education. I think Wade needs to motivate her to do more, maybe go back to school

As to JJ and his future, in general I say it would be hard for a Malibu kid to move to a place like NYC, but while we haven't seen a lot of JJ, I do recall any attachment to the beach of lifestyle that Will has. I think it will be impossible for Will to leave CA because of how important surfing is to him. JJ on the other hand I can see in NYC because it is an amazing place when you have the money to pay $8 million for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment on the upper east side. But I can also see JJ in Paris just as easily or maybe more so.

Wow, who pissed in Jeremy's Cherios? Posted Image

I know it's not as good as West Coast beaches, but damn it, we DO have beaches and NYC isn't exactly "inland". I get that the East Coast doesn't have the kind of surf and rugged beach you can find on the West Coast, but the dismissive attitude about East Coast beaches irks me. Just because they might not be as good doesn't mean they don't exist or are not worthwhile places to go. Hell, Mark had Peter Gordon and JP have a romantic interlude at Rehoboth Beach. JJ living in NYC would in no way mean that he's "giving up the beach." He'd still be near beaches, just not right out his front door. It's not like he'd be moving to St. Louis where there are no beaches to found- it's called the East Coast because there actually is a coast.

I feel badly for Tiffany, she has to be having postpartum blues and feeling like just a breeding cow with nothing going for her. She isn't a trophy wife for a rich guy so she can just go to Pilates and plan cocktail parties in their fabulous house, she doesn't have a great career and I forget her level of education. I think Wade needs to motivate her to do more, maybe go back to school

The back story that we set up for Tiffany is that she was born in 1976, was a competive figure skater until the Nicole Bobek incident in 1994, and graduated in 1999 from some as-of-yet-undecided school in the Los Angeles area, with a degree that would fall either in sports administration/physical training.

As to JJ and his future, in general I say it would be hard for a Malibu kid to move to a place like NYC, but while we haven't seen a lot of JJ, I do recall any attachment to the beach of lifestyle that Will has. I think it will be impossible for Will to leave CA because of how important surfing is to him. JJ on the other hand I can see in NYC because it is an amazing place when you have the money to pay $8 million for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apartment on the upper east side. But I can also see JJ in Paris just as easily or maybe more so.

I could see Will spending a lot of time in Hawaii, maybe Australia. Those would also be suitable places for his surfing lifestyle. It would be cool if he spent his time documenting coral reefs around the world and vlogged about it.

As for JJ, you also got to take into consideration that JJ is also a figure skater, who travels around a lot, and I've no doubt that he's spent some considerable time in colder climates- hell, he's supposed to go to Norway next month. I bet he has coordinated fur outfits that he breaks out for the colder trips. And yeah, considering that money's no object, JJ could pretty much live an incredibly cool lifestyle in NYC in some great penthouse overlooking Central Park, and I think 5th Avenue would be a wet dream.

And if he does become an actor, I think his general histronics would be better suited to theater as opposed to movies/tv. Plus we've already done the whole "Actor in L.A." bit...so why not "Actor in NYC" to compare? And Mark would have fun writing about JJ's hookups with hot Broadway dancers and actors...lol.

Finally, Johnny Weir lives in NYC. The fur would fly.

Paris would work well, but I'm not sure Robbie or Brad would ever want to visit the place again. Then again, it's not like JJ's their respective favorite, so eh...

Of course, more likely I can see JJ as a guy who maintains residences all around the world and travels extensively, without really sticking roots in one place. He's a Sag. It's an overriding trait.

Edited by methodwriter85

See, right up until that last line, you may have sold your point. But bringing astrology into it makes my eyes roll, not least because as a Pisces, one of my overriding traits is to be stoned, and that's certainly not me.

In any case, we'll have to see what happens. One more practical point against JJ moving to NYC, or anywhere outside of either California or Ohio is that a lot of the plot from these stories is driven by the interactions within the family. Even when JP founded his spur of the clan out in Cali, he definetely brought as many family obligations and ties as he escaped with the distance. And that was just fine. I'm not certain a narrative where a member breaks from that is going to be able to sustain an entire story. Not saying it won't be different at first to see it play out, but I'm not sure how feasable or interesting a story idea it actually is in the long run. He'd either be a footnote in Will's story, which would be unfair to his character, or the entire rest of the clan would be minor footnote in his story, which would be fairly boring.

I could be wrong. As I said, we'll have to see what happens.

• Like 1

See, right up until that last line, you may have sold your point. But bringing astrology into it makes my eyes roll, not least because as a Pisces, one of my overriding traits is to be stoned, and that's certainly not me.

In any case, we'll have to see what happens. One more practical point against JJ moving to NYC, or anywhere outside of either California or Ohio is that a lot of the plot from these stories is driven by the interactions within the family. Even when JP founded his spur of the clan out in Cali, he definetely brought as many family obligations and ties as he escaped with the distance. And that was just fine. I'm not certain a narrative where a member breaks from that is going to be able to sustain an entire story. Not saying it won't be different at first to see it play out, but I'm not sure how feasable or interesting a story idea it actually is in the long run. He'd either be a footnote in Will's story, which would be unfair to his character, or the entire rest of the clan would be minor footnote in his story, which would be fairly boring.

I could be wrong. As I said, we'll have to see what happens.

Wait a minute, I'm not a Pisces, and I'm usually stoned. You made your point. Posted Image

Chapter 21 is up and significantly I saw NO mention of any zodiac signs.

There were signs that Wade thwarted his mother's plans to some extent and will make her pay for the parcel so a confrontation seems to be on the agenda. A new character was introduced, and he may be interesting but it is too early to tell.

As usual the chapter holds your interests and makes you speculate as to what's coming next.

• Like 1

Chapter 21 is up and significantly I saw NO mention of any zodiac signs.

There were signs that Wade thwarted his mother's plans to some extent and will make her pay for the parcel so a confrontation seems to be on the agenda. A new character was introduced, and he may be interesting but it is too early to tell.

As usual the chapter holds your interests and makes you speculate as to what's coming next.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. The significance is that Wade has now figured things out, he's not in the dark anymore, so his only real issue now is how to deal with it. Since he's Wade, of course he has a plan. :-)

Great new chapter, Wade is finally putting all the pieces together. I just can't believe how devious Elizabeth Danfield is, the line about the Emperor and Darth Vader teaming up was priceless and so true.

Matt just gets way to upset and doesn't always see the big picture, it is a good thing that he has Wade around to watch his back. I do think that Matt really does understand how bad he messed up with Carl though.

I am a little hesitant to really get into the new guy; considering that the last new person added really was Carl and we all know how well that worked out.

I really would like to see Tiffany get more of a life but I do want her and Jeanine to end up back together. I don't know why but I think they really made a good couple; they just need to stop sleeping with other people... LOL...

P.S. I really can't wait for that date with Sean and Wade and Matt, I just have the most interesting pictures in my mind....

Edited by centexhairysub
  • Like 1

Great new chapter, Wade is finally putting all the pieces together. I just can't believe how devious Elizabeth Danfield is, the line about the Emperor and Darth Vader teaming up was priceless and so true.

Matt just gets way to upset and doesn't always see the big picture, it is a good thing that he has Wade around to watch his back. I do think that Matt really does understand how bad he messed up with Carl though.

I am a little hesitant to really get into the new guy; considering that the last new person added really was Carl and we all know how well that worked out.

I really would like to see Tiffany get more of a life but I do want her and Jeanine to end up back together. I don't know why but I think they really made a good couple; they just need to stop sleeping with other people... LOL...

P.S. I really can't wait for that date with Sean and Wade and Matt, I just have the most interesting pictures in my mind....

LOL. I've made you all so paranoid, a nice guy rolls into the story and it's impossible to just relax and enjoy him. Muhahahaha. Seriously, I'm not sure how much influence Josh will have on Wade's life, but it seemed like Wade would have more interaction with other students, so Josh is my stab at bringing that out.

Will is the new, improved model: calmer and more mature.

Not.Posted Image

Bah. You're just chasing after teenage Brad again... writing with a similar voice we had in Be Rad...

Personally, i think its due to insecurities about your becoming old.... 3 years to your 50th is it? :PPosted Image

Bah. You're just chasing after teenage Brad again... writing with a similar voice we had in Be Rad...

Personally, i think its due to insecurities about your becoming old.... 3 years to your 50th is it? Posted Image Posted Image

Well, they are similar, but it's hard to say they're the same since we didn't see a 14 year old Brad. 14 year old Will is a piece of work.

I'll handle turning 50 just fine, as long as my dick still works. So far, so good. Posted Image

I read RJO's review on chapter 21 and while I agree with it in principle, it is a bit over the top. Having said that, I admit I too am hopelessly hooked on Mark's writing.

Over the top? Really? And I thought it was spot-on. Posted Image

Seriously, I appreciate your comments. It's nice to be appreciated.

Well, they are similar, but it's hard to say they're the same since we didn't see a 14 year old Brad. 14 year old Will is a piece of work.

I'll handle turning 50 just fine, as long as my dick still works. So far, so good. Posted Image

damn.... thats SO not the reaction i wanted. Arbour baiting is so much harder than it used to be Posted Image

• Like 2

They're similar, but it hasn't felt like we're doing a redux of Be Rad with Will. Will doesn't have the kind of emotional baggage that Brad had because of his abusive childhood, and he grew up in a time and place that was friendlier to homosexuality. Those, right there, are going to cause some pretty significant differences in the way they view the world.

Blue, it's always fun debating with you on things. We both at least seem to agree that JJ does have some pretty good character potential, and it'll be interesting to see how the kids turn out, and how the events of their coming-of-age decade affect and shape them.

I still want to see what happens when he meets Zach, and if the Anti-Gathan League gets off the ground. Although the last chapter of PMS kind of weakened that potential, in my imagination Gathan has not been keeping in touch with Zach properly, which has started to make Zach jealous and irritated all over again. Won't know for sure until at least the next story, I don't think.

I still want to see what happens when he meets Zach, and if the Anti-Gathan League gets off the ground. Although the last chapter of PMS kind of weakened that potential, in my imagination Gathan has not been keeping in touch with Zach properly, which has started to make Zach jealous and irritated all over again. Won't know for sure until at least the next story, I don't think.

Not a fan of Gathan? :P

No, I'm thinking he's just enjoying Zach and JJ being total bitches towards Gathan. If this generation all got along, it would be fairly unrealistic and pretty boring. There have to be enough conflicts to propel a decade's worth of stories.

Edited by methodwriter85

I dunno about Zach turning back on Gathan again so soon after trying to make up, but unless I missed something in all my CAP reading of the past month or so Posted Image (starting from the beginning! :o), we don't even know yet why JJ's such a bitch to Gathan, do we? That has to at least count for something...

I thought it was pretty straight-forward: JJ isn't getting that much attention from Brad and Robbie; meanwhile the entire family was slobbering over Gathan that entire summer. I mean, for good reason, but a 14-year old diva isn't the most reasonable person.

Edited by methodwriter85

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..