Open Club  ·  282 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Y'know, it seemed like Daddy dearest was about ready to ask for a divorce right on the spot. :P

Seems like Elizabeth ought to be destined for one of two fates in the end: One, is making up for all the damage she's caused - for real this time! The other...is the ever-popular permanent Exit, Stage Left. :devil:

Given the rate this one's been moving forward, though, I'm willing to bet there's a fair number of October Surprises still waiting for poor Daddy dearest... :P

Edited by MJ85
  • Like 1

Well, I thought that Wade handled the situation with his Mother and Father perfectly. By forcing Elizabeth to admit in front of the Senator what was going on, it gave Wade so much more of an advantage. I would guess that the extra money for the parcel of land will be coming out of Elizabeth's sizeable fortune, at least if she wants to keep all the investors/contributors happy. I do have to say that I am on the periphery of some of the machinations that seem to go on in Wade's family with some of my extended family. Probably about one less zero is generally involved in my extended family but still a lot of money; and you would be suprised or maybe not, how often stuff like what Elizabeth pulled really goes on. There is something about that level of wealth and power that just seems to corrupt even the closest family relationships. I do keep waiting for one of my distant relatives to keel over and find out they left me some of that money, but it just hasn't happened yet... LOL...

I do like the direction of Wade and Matt's relationship. They seem to be in such a more even and balanced place right now, so much more then any time in the past. I could really see them bringing in a third member into the relationship on a much more serious level and it really working out. I was also really glad to see John Carullo, not that I think he would be the one they brought in, but I always really liked his involvement with the story in the past.

I think we all need to take a moment and really realize and appreciate how blessed we are to have such a wonderful author as Mark turning out such high level stories for us all to enjoy. I know we all occasionally say Thanks but I am not sure we all really appreciate what we have. So many of the stories online are just drivel or they start and just stop and never reach an end. I just want to say Thank You to Mark for being so consistently wonderful in his storytelling.

• Like 3

Josh is becoming more interesting. Matt and Wade are awesome. Sean is nowhere to be seen. Tiffany is freaked by a bosom buddy. The Senator has grown some cajones. Elizabeth is pissed.

Great chapter. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Well, I thought that Wade handled the situation with his Mother and Father perfectly. By forcing Elizabeth to admit in front of the Senator what was going on, it gave Wade so much more of an advantage. I would guess that the extra money for the parcel of land will be coming out of Elizabeth's sizeable fortune, at least if she wants to keep all the investors/contributors happy. I do have to say that I am on the periphery of some of the machinations that seem to go on in Wade's family with some of my extended family. Probably about one less zero is generally involved in my extended family but still a lot of money; and you would be suprised or maybe not, how often stuff like what Elizabeth pulled really goes on. There is something about that level of wealth and power that just seems to corrupt even the closest family relationships. I do keep waiting for one of my distant relatives to keel over and find out they left me some of that money, but it just hasn't happened yet... LOL...

It's really amazing what people will do for money. I suspect you're right about Elizabeth paying for the land. She'll make the deal work for the investors even though she's been "fired", although one has to wonder how that will really manifest itself.

do like the direction of Wade and Matt's relationship. They seem to be in such a more even and balanced place right now, so much more then any time in the past. I could really see them bringing in a third member into the relationship on a much more serious level and it really working out. I was also really glad to see John Carullo, not that I think he would be the one they brought in, but I always really liked his involvement with the story in the past.

I agree, and I think the key word you mention here is balance. Carullo is one of those honorable guys; hard not to love him.

I think we all need to take a moment and really realize and appreciate how blessed we are to have such a wonderful author as Mark turning out such high level stories for us all to enjoy. I know we all occasionally say Thanks but I am not sure we all really appreciate what we have. So many of the stories online are just drivel or they start and just stop and never reach an end. I just want to say Thank You to Mark for being so consistently wonderful in his storytelling.

Thank you so very much. Posted Image Posted Image It's not always easy to keep up the pace, and it's been a challenge lately as I've let one story or the other consume me, but it is fun, and when I get comments like this, it's very satisfying.

Y'know, it seemed like Daddy dearest was about ready to ask for a divorce right on the spot. Posted Image

Seems like Elizabeth ought to be destined for one of two fates in the end: One, is making up for all the damage she's caused - for real this time! The other...is the ever-popular permanent Exit, Stage Left. Posted Image

Given the rate this one's been moving forward, though, I'm willing to bet there's a fair number of October Surprises still waiting for poor Daddy dearest... Posted Image

Unlikely he'd go for a divorce, especially right now, before the election. I don't see her making up for her damage (I'm betting the scope of that project would be too big anyway) or exiting anytime soon. Posted Image

Unlikely he'd go for a divorce, especially right now, before the election. I don't see her making up for her damage (I'm betting the scope of that project would be too big anyway) or exiting anytime soon. Posted Image

Oh no, I don't think a divorce is likely between now and November either...if then, even. But in the heat of the moment in the chapter, it felt like it was coming.

I'm not under any illusions that she'd be exiting anytime soon either (assuming that's what happens)...my guess would be something like 60 chapters later, a few stories later - something like that. Not that I'm making any suggestions about that... :whistle:

• Like 1

I think Elizabeth will figure a way to get the money out of Mary Ellen's trust by doing a land swap there or some such thing. Wade may have gotten the bulk of the trust, but I assume that Mary Ellen and little bro (whose name escapes me) get a nice sum too.

I also think it would be cool for Wade to fly his little brother out to Stanford for a hockey game and to clue him in about his mother. It would be nice to see how he is doing.

I really hope Josh and Wade don't tumble into bed because at this point I am figuring Josh is a virgin and one of those modern guys that doesn't just want to tumble into just anyone's bed, but that "one special" guy's that he can build a relationship with.

Edited by PrivateTim
  • Like 1

I also think it would be cool for Wade to fly his little brother out to Stanford for a hockey game and to clue him in about his mother. It would be nice to see how he is doing.

It would be, but according to Wade, they're now somewhat estranged. Not for any particular reason, but Beau is a senior this year(he was a sophomore in Bloodlines) and he's more into his own thing. That's why Wade took on to Will so much, because Will kind of filled the little brother void for him.

I know Mark's said before that he only has one sibling, so this is something he's missed out on- when you have at least two siblings, there tends to always be a sibling that you can side with and team up with against a sibling who you may not be getting along, and/or your parents. I would think Beau would make a pretty likely ally at this point.

I really hope Josh and Wade don't tumble into bed because at this point I am figuring Josh is a virgin and one of those modern guys that doesn't just want to tumble into just anyone's bed, but that "one special" guy's that he can build a relationship with.

See, after Jake in Be Rad I'm pretty much wary of any guy who comes off as a shy, sweet virginal person.

It would be kind of cool to have a high school/college gay guy that isn't slutty in CAP, but I wouldn't bet on it. Mark likes his characters randy.

Edited by methodwriter85

I think Elizabeth will figure a way to get the money out of Mary Ellen's trust by doing a land swap there or some such thing. Wade may have gotten the bulk of the trust, but I assume

I would suspect that the trust would ultimately be divided equally between the three siblings, but we shall see. You're right; we may have to entertain Beau to a Stanford hockey game.

As for the "one special guy", that almost suggests a 'wait until we're married' approach for gay men. I'm not sure how realistic that is, especially since I've sort of addressed that kind of guy with Father Tim. Now, it's entirely possible that Josh won't be slutty, but I don't see him as virginal, or as staying that way. Whether he's with Wade, or someone else, he's probably about 20. He'll be with someone. Posted Image

As for the "one special guy", that almost suggests a 'wait until we're married' approach for gay men. I'm not sure how realistic that is, especially since I've sort of addressed that kind of guy with Father Tim. Now, it's entirely possible that Josh won't be slutty, but I don't see him as virginal, or as staying that way. Whether he's with Wade, or someone else, he's probably about 20. He'll be with someone. Posted Image

No, I am not saying a "save it for marriage guy", but someone who has to be committed emotionally. Not the kind of guy who screws you before he knows your last name. and can have sex with four guys in a week and it is nothing more than recreation to him. Like that Adam fella :) Errr... I mean "Andy" Posted Image

If I had a nickel for every young friend of mine who fell deeply in love with someone and then when I see them two months later, it is over already.

• Like 1

I think it'd be pretty refreshing to have a guy who either will wait or who takes it slower with sex. Wade seems to be doing this with the guys he's with who aren't Matt - he's not exactly utilizing that back door, either his own or the other guy's, unless the other guy is Matt.

So, for Wade to suddenly break that habit with Josh...would that really be realistic, either?

I think it'd be pretty refreshing to have a guy who either will wait or who takes it slower with sex. Wade seems to be doing this with the guys he's with who aren't Matt - he's not exactly utilizing that back door, either his own or the other guy's, unless the other guy is Matt.

So, for Wade to suddenly break that habit with Josh...would that really be realistic, either?

That's exactly how Wade is, in that he has to know the guy before the rear entrance is an option. I can see him hooking up with lots of guys to blow them, but the big penetration thing isn't happening for him unless he likes the guy, and knows him reasonably well. We don't know Josh well enough to know if he's like that or not.

No, I am not saying a "save it for marriage guy", but someone who has to be committed emotionally.

To be honest, as fun as the sex stuff in CAP has been, the random hook-ups with total strangers with zero emotional commitment have left me a little cold. I tend to skim through the sex scenes where it's clearly just a hook-up that's not leading anywhere, not even just friendship.

I mean, I get that this is a gay erotica soap opera, so the sex has to be in there, but eh...

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 1

To be honest, as fun as the sex stuff in CAP has been, the random hook-ups with total strangers with zero emotional commitment have left me a little cold. I tend to skim through the sex scenes where it's clearly just a hook-up that's not leading anywhere, not even just friendship.

I mean, I get that this is a gay erotica soap opera, so the sex has to be in there, but eh...

Heh, I don't mind those at all... :D

But having Josh turn out more like Wade (in some respects...) wouldn't be such a bad change of pace. :)

I think that Wade is just a tiny bit more emotionally mature than most of the others in his age bracket. He is the kind of man that might enjoy sex but thanks that making love is better and for him to do that; there has to be a connection that is more than just lust. I agree that we just don't know enough about Josh to know what his story is yet; maybe he has never been with a man, a woman a few times but it wasn't what he really wanted. He maybe looking to find out if it is men or women that he really desires, or both???

I will bet that Wade's trust is the same size as his brother and sister. He just got access to it first because of the situation with Riley. Elizabeth just continues to control the trust of the other two through the master trust.

I sort of hope that we are going to be getting back to Sean soon, I really want to see what happens when Wade, Matt, and Sean all get together at one time. I think that maybe a very interesting dynamic.

• Like 1

I think that Wade is just a tiny bit more emotionally mature than most of the others in his age bracket. He is the kind of man that might enjoy sex but thanks that making love is better and for him to do that; there has to be a connection that is more than just lust. I agree that we just don't know enough about Josh to know what his story is yet; maybe he has never been with a man, a woman a few times but it wasn't what he really wanted. He maybe looking to find out if it is men or women that he really desires, or both???

I will bet that Wade's trust is the same size as his brother and sister. He just got access to it first because of the situation with Riley. Elizabeth just continues to control the trust of the other two through the master trust.

I sort of hope that we are going to be getting back to Sean soon, I really want to see what happens when Wade, Matt, and Sean all get together at one time. I think that maybe a very interesting dynamic.

I think that sums it up nicely. Posted Image

A figure-skating contemporary of JJ's made the wedding pages of the New York Times on Sunday. Benjamin Miller married Sean Reisman in a Staten Island civil ceremony. They'll have a religious ceremony in Minnesota March 31. Miller is now a coach, but he is also the chairman of the Athlete Development Committee of U.S. Figure Skating.

• Like 2

This was a great chapter of Paternity. I loved how Will called Brad and Robbie on their behaviour. It seems to me that the so called adults are going to have to decide what is really important in their life. It also seems that the way they are handling the situation with Pat just is designed to protect them and not help Pat or keep Will on an even keel. If Pat did molest the child then they would of course remove him, but the idea of distancing him before there is any proof just seems a little out of place with this family and the lengths they have always gone to stand by those in their orbit.

I did think that the conversation with Will and JJ was very telling. It really appears that in the end they will support each other more than most outsiders or even the family may realize.

I was really glad to to see Stef, I have really missed him and JP. I just always like it when they are involved in the storylines. JP for me has been and always will be the center of the CAP series.

I can't wait to see how Will goes about helping Pat out, because I can bet you that he will do so no matter what...

• Like 2

Don't forget the time that Will got molested in Paris by that twentysomething thug, as well. Although Will was all too willing until he realized that the thug was a bad guy.

It's pretty much a CAP rule that if you're a teenager, you must have sex with someone at least ten years older than you. If you're 17-18, then you must have sex with someone old enough to be your father/mother/possibly grandparent.

I did think that the conversation with Will and JJ was very telling. It really appears that in the end they will support each other more than most outsiders or even the family may realize.

Which is a good thing, because they seem like they're on two pretty divergent paths(Will being into school and surfing, JJ being into figure skating and traveling), and it'll be cool to see them maintain that bond even if JJ winds up living in Tokyo or something.

Edited by methodwriter85

The plot line with Pat is interesting to me in several ways whether Pat is innocent and framed, or guilty and a convenient scapegoat. That both dad and pops were essentially deciding things without taking Will into their confidence seems somewhat highhanded and while understandable, also somewhat out of character. Since Will and we don't yet know the whole back story, I tend to give them some slack, but I do think they handled the situation poorly. Steff's intervention was timely and as usual we are left sitting a bit on the precipice waiting for the next installment.

As usual the story sped along at lightspeed with me wanting more. Posted Image

• Like 1

This was a great chapter of Paternity. I loved how Will called Brad and Robbie on their behaviour. It seems to me that the so called adults are going to have to decide what is really important in their life. It also seems that the way they are handling the situation with Pat just is designed to protect them and not help Pat or keep Will on an even keel. If Pat did molest the child then they would of course remove him, but the idea of distancing him before there is any proof just seems a little out of place with this family and the lengths they have always gone to stand by those in their orbit.

I was really glad to to see Stef, I have really missed him and JP. I just always like it when they are involved in the storylines. JP for me has been and always will be the center of the CAP series.

I can't wait to see how Will goes about helping Pat out, because I can bet you that he will do so no matter what...

The plot line with Pat is interesting to me in several ways whether Pat is innocent and framed, or guilty and a convenient scapegoat. That both dad and pops were essentially deciding things without taking Will into their confidence seems somewhat highhanded and while understandable, also somewhat out of character. Since Will and we don't yet know the whole back story, I tend to give them some slack, but I do think they handled the situation poorly. Steff's intervention was timely and as usual we are left sitting a bit on the precipice waiting for the next installment.

As usual the story sped along at lightspeed with me wanting more. Posted Image

I think the next couple of chapters will do a better job of spelling out Brad's motives, but that really isn't the big issue here. The big issue is that Will is feeling pretty isolated, and as I said in one of the reviews, when a 14 year old guy like Will is feeling embattled, his reaction is going to be to lash out. The stronger he fights, the more upset he is. There's an imbalance in his life, and he's trying to get his father to notice him. Brad, in his defense, is trying to balance a bunch of different things as well. Until they figure out how to find a harmonious convergence, it's not going to go very well.

I love how Will called them, but not because he is right, but because it is the perfect picture of a typical 14 year old who still only sees the world in the parts that are important to him and doesn't stop to think there might be a bigger picture going on.

As to how Brad and Robbie are reacting with Pat, I am sure it is not because they are worried about Will being molested, they know Will well enough to know that that wouldn't happen. No one is going to get in Will's pants that he doesn't want there. This is kid who two months ago (3?) was doing a pole dance in Paris. More likely they are getting advice from their lawyers about what they have to/ought to be doing.

And behaviour? What are you British now? :P

• Like 2

In the 80's there was a molestation at a preschool in Orange County. Lots of cases. We also had a case here in Minnesota. When the dust had settled it was found that the D.A. and lawyers used the children's imaginations to create a situation that was not there. I do not understand why people seem to think Pat is guilty what we had no reason to believe he is. Why is it always so easy to believe the bad and not the good? Why? I understand that Brad and Robbie are afraid that Pat has done something to Will but just doing things without thinking is just as bad. I guess Brad and Robbie arn't the people I thought they were. For that I am truly sad. No one said being a parent was or is easy but it is the most important thing any person can and will do.

Edited by rjo
  • Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..