[Libby Drew] The Art of Walking In Snow

To repeat pretty much what I said in my Author's Note: I originally began writing The Art of Walking in Snow with the intent of it being short--or much shorter--so that it could be printed and included in Holiday greeting cards this year. It wrapped up at close to 10K, way too long to be printing and sending out, so I gave up on that idea and decided to post it online.

And I honestly could've kept going. Posted Image I had to cut myself off there at the end, even though I felt there might be more of John and Jamie's story to tell. It's said that one of the hardest things for writers is to know when to end a story, and I'm claiming no expertise in that regard. I believe it finished enough... at an end of sorts... as well as at a beginning, which I suppose is the best resolution anyone can hope for.

Happy Holidays to you all and a safe and prosperous New Year!

Summary: Jamie doesn't let people get close, but his new employer refuses to play by those rules. Maybe this is the year Jamie will banish the ghosts of Christmases past.

http://www.gayauthor...ofwalkinginsnow

To repeat pretty much what I said in my Author's Note: I originally began writing The Art of Walking in Snow with the intent of it being short--or much shorter--so that it could be printed and included in Holiday greeting cards this year. It wrapped up at close to 10K, way too long to be printing and sending out, so I gave up on that idea and decided to post it online.

And I honestly could've kept going. Posted Image I had to cut myself off there at the end, even though I felt there might be more of John and Jamie's story to tell. It's said that one of the hardest things for writers is to know when to end a story, and I'm claiming no expertise in that regard. I believe it finished enough... at an end of sorts... as well as at a beginning, which I suppose is the best resolution anyone can hope for.

Summary: Jamie doesn't let people get close, but his new employer refuses to play by those rules. Maybe this is the year Jamie will banish the ghosts of Christmases past.

My opinion only, but I think you could very easily change the tag from "completed" to "in progress" and give us more. You introduced two intriguing characters, but there's so much about them we didn't find out, and a lot to explore. The "vagabond finds a home" theme is often contrived and overdone in this genre, but you really made Jamie and John three-dimensional, and left me wanting more.

• Like 2

My opinion only, but I think you could very easily change the tag from "completed" to "in progress" and give us more. You introduced two intriguing characters, but there's so much about them we didn't find out, and a lot to explore. The "vagabond finds a home" theme is often contrived and overdone in this genre, but you really made Jamie and John three-dimensional, and left me wanting more.

Oh, no doubt I could write more! Posted Image I was sorely tempted, believe me.

Your compliments always make my day. Posted Image Thanks again for reading.

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree with Mark Arbour, you should keep on writing about those 2! Yes, there may be loads of stories like that out there, but none of them as beautifully written as yours! So I most certainly vote for a continuation! :D

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree with Mark Arbour, you should keep on writing about those 2! Yes, there may be loads of stories like that out there, but none of them as beautifully written as yours! So I most certainly vote for a continuation! Posted Image

Gah, stop! You're convincing me. ;)

Thanks again for the support and encouragement. It's always a pleasure to hear from you.

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree with Mark Arbour, you should keep on writing about those 2! Yes, there may be loads of stories like that out there, but none of them as beautifully written as yours! So I most certainly vote for a continuation! Posted Image

Wow. No one ever says that. Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

I wholeheartedly agree with Mark Arbour, you should keep on writing about those 2! Yes, there may be loads of stories like that out there, but none of them as beautifully written as yours! So I most certainly vote for a continuation! :D

Add my complete agreement too. This has been one of my favorite stories of the season. The writing and the characters are great. You can't stop here.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Add my complete agreement too. This has been one of my favorite stories of the season. The writing and the characters are great. You can't stop here.

Thank you so much! I may certainly be convinced to revisit them. :) Glad to know you enjoyed the story!

• 1 year later...

And I honestly could've kept going. tongue.png I had to cut myself off there at the end, even though I felt there might be more of John and Jamie's story to tell. It's said that one of the hardest things for writers is to know when to end a story, and I'm claiming no expertise in that regard. I believe it finished enough... at an end of sorts... as well as at a beginning, which I suppose is the best resolution anyone can hope for.

Mkaaayy so I'm guilty of reading all the stories libby has posted here on GA but I'm not sure if I've reviewed them yet :3 This was a wonderful story from what I remember! The character chemistry was excellent, but I was a little bummed about the ending. I'm jumping on the bandwagon and telling you you should consider finishing this! I wanted to find out what exactly made Jaimie the way he is *A*