The 2012 Olympics

Stephen Feck.

Forward 2.5 somersault table back / Scissor Pike Position

Degree of difficulty: 1.5

Score: Perfect 10

Posted Image

I feel bad for the guy.

Edited by Y_B

Just saw the dive "Oh feck", and it has gone viral.

Poor guy will be remembered not for skill, but a slip of his hands on his leg and falling flat on his back. Sad :(

The media pulled the same crap with gymnast Dominique Moceanu of the USA at Atlanta 96.

Her two vaults where she ended up on her bum were played over and over by the media here in the UK, to the extent that it was about all of the gymnastics that was remembered - people probably don't even remember that the USA won the women's team gold for gymmnastics.

I remember watching a lot of the gymnastics at Atlanta and her amazing floor routine will never be remembered because of the absence of media coverage - I'm not saying it was up the there with Lilia Podkapayeva, but she only just missed out on an individual bronze.

The media either need to start reporting responsibly with events such as the Olympics, or just stop reporting it altogether.

Well, in lighter news, I've fallen in love with the brownlee twins on British triathalon team.

Double the Fun and Double the Medals :D

Posted Image

And this one is so cute, something about twins hugging always gets to me (Kind of feels symbiotic in a way :) ):

Posted Image

Congrats for another gold and bronze, those boys earned it in fine style.

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1

Nicola Adams wins gold in the woman's boxing to become the first British woman to win a gold in the first year of woman's boxing at the Olympic Games. Come on TeamGB what a result. :D

I have got to say though she truly has the most infectious smile I've ever seen, and you can't help but smile with her. Such a huge personality and what a deserving winner of a Gold Medal.

I can only hope that TeamGB's success can inspire more thoroughly deserving sports men and woman for the next one. :)

Is that his dad? Definitely looks like he was probably a cutie when he was young. I wouldn't say they have a huge resemblance, though. Though they both give off a very friendly vibe. I could see the dad smoking a J with Mark Arbour in Circa 1981 California. LOL. In any event, kudos to the dad for raising a son with a strong sense of sportmanship and class.

As for other guys I like...Trey Hardee. I'm liking him because he reminds me of an older version of the pole vaulters that I lusted over in high school. Bar none, the pole vaulters/long jump guys had the best bodies of track guys.

Posted Image

Edited by methodwriter85

Damn those muscles are sexy.

As for other guys I like...Trey Hardee. I'm liking him because he reminds me of an older version of the pole vaulters that I lusted over in high school. Bar none, the pole vaulters/long jump guys had the best bodies of track guys.

Posted Image

Oh please...... USC has 39 athletes (and 46 when you include coaches) at the games and Cal has 38 plus 7 coaches.

From 1904 to 2010, there have been 396 athletes who attended USC before, during or after their Olympic appearance. They have collected 262 medals (123 gold, 78 silver and 61 bronze), including at least one gold medal in every summer Olympics from 1912. If USC competed as a country, its 262 medals would rank 17th most in the world, while its 123 gold medals would be 12th most.

Cal athletes have captured 159 total medals, 91 gold, 40 silver and 28 bronze, including a school-record 17 medals at the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. A total of 46 Bears were at the Games in China, and the 2012 number is second only to USC's 46 among schools nationwide.

and your alma mater wasssss...........

and you've metttttttt........

There's being proud of your alma mater, and then there's what Tim does....Posted Image

Anyway, congrats to the Germans for taking the pole vault silver and bronze.

Posted Image

I thought Bjorn Otto was a pretty hot older dude.

Posted Image

There's something about 35-year olds, man... they've got more experience and lines etched in their face than a 19-year old, but often they still have a youthful vigor to them that I find pretty sexy.

Edited by methodwriter85

Tom Daley wins bronze in diving. Congrats to David Boudia on winning the gold.

And I loved in the inadvertent double entendre during the commentary, when they said that David Boudia topped Tom Daley **wonders how many other people have wanted to that** :)