The 2012 Olympics

YouTube comment to this vid:

I'm wetter than Tom in this advert right now Posted Image

OMG well spotted Zombie, I hadn't even seen that. :P I was too busy oogaling.. well, I won't say it'd probably get me in trouble! 0:)

Im so lucky this year.... Paya and I live just 10 minutes from the olympic village...

We have a plan to snare Tom daley ... Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Westie
  • Like 1

**wonders just how much meat there is**

*thinks - an adequate sufficiency ... Posted Image*

Posted Image

Edit: changed pic 'cos Y_B didn't like the first :P

Edited by Zombie

Wow, do any of you guys watch the Olympics for the sports or just the hot athletes?

I fail to find any excitement whatsoever in the Summer Olympics. All the sports are about as exciting to watch as a snail crossing the street. They took away one of the only good sports in baseball, and now its been reduced to swimming, gymnastics, and whatever else the Europeans like to do besides soccer. Boooooooooring.

I'll just keep waiting for the Winter Olympics and the good sports.

Wow, do any of you guys watch the Olympics for the sports or just the hot athletes?

I fail to find any excitement whatsoever in the Summer Olympics. All the sports are about as exciting to watch as a snail crossing the street. They took away one of the only good sports in baseball, and now its been reduced to swimming, gymnastics, and whatever else the Europeans like to do besides soccer. Boooooooooring.

I'll just keep waiting for the Winter Olympics and the good sports.

Trouble is Matt is you seem to be a "major" sports guy. As someone who played water polo and wrestled freestyle and Greco-Roman, the Olympics, every four years, is our one chance to shine in the biggest stage there is.

Wrestlers dreams don't stop at an NCAA title, your ultimate dream is a gold at the Olympics. As a water polo player your options are almost nil after college, there is no US pro league to go into. Friends of mine from my playing days like Layne Beaubien, Merrill Moses, Adam Wright and Ryan Bailey, who are all on the US national team all have real jobs and the hours they put into the US team are above and beyond their "real lives". It is a huge deal.

Even then guys like Ryan Bailey, who turns 37 next month, won't get 1/10 of the exposure of some little sh!t 14 yo gymnast for the 25 or so years he has devoted to the sport. But the little exposure he might get is still 100x what he got for being in the 2011 FINA World Championships.

I don't have much patience for the teenie bops in the Olympics, but the weight lifters, wrestlers, decathletes, marathoners and others who toil for years to get to this level, I am happy for them to have a glimmer of glory. If you have never been to an Olympics, you can not begin to imagine the experience.

I remember when the 2012 logo was first released. It was slated in every single newspaper.

The Sun even had a spread where you cut out the shapes and it showed you how to make little models of them - my fav was the stegosaurus.