The 2012 Olympics

I am stoked for the Olympics and theres only a few events i watch: Swimming, Diving, Track and Field, Gymnastics

Yup. Aquatics, track, gymnastics and volleyball are pretty much the only events worth watching

Badminton? Equestrian???? gag me.

Yup. Aquatics, track, gymnastics and volleyball are pretty much the only events worth watching

I don't know, I like all the events listed, but I sometimes catch the fencing, too. Something about swordplay, even though no one ever uses it anymore with the invention of the gun and the "Miracle blade" that can cut through steel and still chop vegetables (Made in China Posted Image ) .

Edited by W_L

And football???? (sorry, "soccer" for you guys Posted Image). As if we don't get enough of it with wall to wall league footy throughout the year. No wonder they can't sell the tickets. And who cares that Beckham didn't make the cut. He's more of an underwear salesman these days anyway ... Posted Image

Edited by Zombie

Everything is fun about the Olympics from the equestrian, to team handball, water polo, wrestling, basketball, tennis, badminton, kayaking, open water swimming (RIP Crip), fencing, weightlifting, shooting, etc. All of it. Athletes who train and sacrifice in obscurity for the chance to compete on the world stage once every four years. In some sports, one shot is all you have, you are either too young or too old to make it more than once.

And football???? (sorry, "soccer" for you guys Posted Image). As if we don't get enough of it with wall to wall league footy throughout the year. No wonder they can't sell the tickets. And who cares that Beckham didn't make the cut. He's more of an underwear salesman these days anyway ... Posted Image

There is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much soccer, it is more overexposed than Beckham.... Euro Cup, Champions Cup, Copa Eurpoa, Europa League, when does it ever end?

• Like 1

Forgot about wrestling, but why can't they do Greco-Roman Wrestling style without the singlets for authenticity :o

Divers are too fat to be interesting.

Posted Image

This would explain why you only ever suggest Twinky-looking guys for CAP characters, even if they're characters that are supposed to have a little more meat on their bones, like Darius.

Edited by methodwriter85

Divers are fat?

*curls up in corner* If that guy is fat...

It's called verbal irony, saying the opposite to what you mean *blank look of bewilderment Posted Image* .... kind of a word play ... lots of English / American humour uses it *still not laughing Posted Image* ... guess it doesn't travel too well ... Posted Image

• Like 1

It's called verbal irony, saying the opposite to what you mean *blank look of bewilderment Posted Image* .... kind of a word play ... lots of English / American humour uses it *still not laughing Posted Image* ... guess it doesn't travel too well ... Posted Image

*woosh* Totally went over my head there, thanks for clearing it up! xD

USA Women's soccer player came out as gay:

http://olympics.yardbarker.com/blog/olympics/article/us_olympic_soccer_player_megan_rapinoe_reveals_she_is_gay/11159309

and a double amputee is running 4x400 and the 400 meter sprint. A lot of people say he has an advantage.. but I fail to see it.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/track/story/double-amputee-oscar-pistorius-selected-to-run-in-london-games-070412?ocid=ansfox11

and a double amputee is running 4x400 and the 400 meter sprint. A lot of people say he has an advantage.. but I fail to see it.

He agreed to take part in scientific assessments at Cologne University which concluded he had a "mechanical advantage" from the springiness of the blades - they enabled him to run with less effort than a runner with ordinary legs. Similar, I suppose, to divers wearing flippers who can swim more efficiently than barefoot. The other issue is the risk of serious injury to other runners when they are bunched up. It could go horribly wrong and, personally, I think it's a bad decision :(

Guest enragedpillows

I'm excited for diving, archery, and track and field! Can't wait.

US Women's soccer player comes out, but they've got her pictured in front of the British Union Jack. lol

Well if she's any good, Bill, maybe we wanna snaffle her :D