Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Should Will Get Emancipated?

Should Will Get Emancipated?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Will be Emancipated?

• Yes
    • No

Not really, no. Despite my arguments that he can handle it, which I think he can, I also think he's not making the correct choice here. Simply moving out to Claire's or JP's would accomplish nearly all of his goals, and not have the emotional bodyslam that emancipation would entail.

There's never going to be coming back from Will telling Brad he does not trust him. Nor from him putting actions to those words. They'll probably reconcile eventually, in a couple years when Will is a proper, tradiitonal adult, but this will always be between them. And between Darius, JJ, and Will.

In essence, I support Will's logic, but not his conclusions.

As I've posted elsewhere, I think Jeanine should have her parental rights terminated. Brad should have his parental rights suspended and JP should be appointed Will's temporary guardian contingent on Brad and Will working out their trust issues.

Being an adult and faced with all that entails, from contract law to taxes etc is more than any 14 year old should have to consider.

Of course I'm really older and have looked back to my time in highschool as a time to be carefree and enjoy being a teenager.

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 2

I tend to think the damage is done whether the emancipation goes forward or not. The court battle is going to do nothing but add insult to injury. Then again, this IS a dramatic enterprise so BRING ON THE DRAMA! Posted Image

If Will was 16 or older I would vote yes. But with him being barely 14, I think that is just too young for someone to be emancipated. I think the court appointing a family member as guardian to be a more realistic option. Especially since there are many family member options available to the court.

Edited by KYE

I voted yes,(it took me awhile to decide how to vote) but I am hoping something short of emancipation can be worked out. I think, however, Will would learn how hard a job being a parent even if it is only parenting himself.

if I was unsure about Brad's redeemability, I have no bloody idea as to whether Will should be emancipated. Is there a "partial emancipation"? Ultimately I suppose this is a "no" and so that's what I'll vote. Should a Judge make such a decision, I would pity the relevant Judge's wardrobe and vehicle.... Will has history where those are concerned.....

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..