On another topic I must be the only one who thinks that Rory's remark to Eddy about getting his mother pregnant at 16 was just plain nasty. :thumbdown:

Trust me, you aren't, :thumbdown: although it also has to be said that Eddie's attempt at fatherhood was as fumbling, tentative and ineffectual as usual. There were really easy comebacks like Eddie and Gina could have said it to their own parents and it would have been just as irrelevant or Rory should stop channeling the Alice the Incomprehensible. Or perhaps even that Rory should grow some manners.

It's probably also time to recall the other much-lauded line, the one by Aaron. 'I don't want to be your friend' was not a clever come-on. It was literally true.

Edited by Alan
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another topic I must be the only one who thinks that Rory's remark to Eddy about getting his mother pregnant at 16 was just plain nasty. :thumbdown:

You are not the only one... But that's something I would expect from Rory :thumbdown: . Although, when I remember myself at sixteen... :blink:

D.S.

I don't think it was a nasty comment, I think Rory was probably frustrated, and felt like eddie was both over reacting and being a hypocrite, I mean, it's a bit rich for him to be getting all bent out of shape because Rory has a hickey when Eddie was obviously having sex at his age...

I don't think it was a nasty comment, I think Rory was probably frustrated, and felt like eddie was both over reacting and being a hypocrite, I mean, it's a bit rich for him to be getting all bent out of shape because Rory has a hickey when Eddie was obviously having sex at his age...

Actually, as a parent who has made mistakes (nothing as severe as getting someone pregnant at 16) as a teenager, it is not hypocritical to try to steer your children away from those mistakes. I smoked pot as a teenager. I tell my son not to. I also tell him that I did, and why I don't think it's a good idea. Do I BAN him from doing it or tell him I'll throw him out of the house if he does? No. I simply try to give him some guidance based on my own experience. I also had a drunk driving accident as a teenager. I STRONGLY tell him not to drink and drive. Does that make me a hypocrite? I don't think so. It makes me a parent by being able to share a bad experience in the hope that my son doesn't make the same mistake. Eddie isn't a good parent yet, and I don't much care for the fumbling effort he's making, but he's not a hypocrite for trying to give Rory some help here. He, of all people, should know something about safe sex, whether straight or gay. Rory's comment was low (lower than my earlier comment about Rory sucking, and apparenlty no well). We'd be worse parents if we didn't try to help our children avoid the mistakes we've made. It would be irresponsible of Eddie not to talk to Rory about safe sex. If I catch my son driving drunk I will probably over-react, too. But it won't be because I'm a hypocrite. It will be because I know the terrible consequnces of it first hand, and I can pass on that experience.

Journeyman

Actually your post confirms why it is such a nasty comment. The only implication is hypocrisy and that's a fairly low blow, especially when it's used to avoid a conversation merely because Rory doesn't want to have it.

Actually your post confirms why it is such a nasty comment. The only implication is hypocrisy and that's a fairly low blow, especially when it's used to avoid a conversation merely because Rory doesn't want to have it.

I agree. I thought the remark (although, witty and funny) very rude and inappropriate.

Eddie should not have been thrown by it.

To say Eddie was being a hypocrite is a little off the mark. Nothing wrong with someone saying, I made those choices and they really screwed up my life.

Eddie should have said, "yeah, I was sixteen and look what happened. As much I thought your mother and I were ready to make that decision; we weren't. We loved each other and tried to be safe; but we ended up having a kid. If you mother had shared that with me, I would have been there to help raise you and love you. Unfortunately, for reasons known only to her, she decided to raise you without me. She struggled to raise you and missed out of an easier youth and adulthood. Yes, she loved you, as I would like to love you, but you need to think about the consequences to your life, my life, your mother's life, and now, Luke's life, and Jase's life--all these people have been affected because your mother and I loved each other and thought we were ready to be intimate with each other.

The good thing is your mother and I created a wonderful smart and amazing child. We were lucky and very blessed.

If you start making the same kinds of desicions that we made, what will be the consequences and whose lives will be impacted?

That's what I'd like to talk to you about....

well, you get the idea. I'm sure Dom could write it much better. lol

Another first time post, and not even from a native speaker... So skip this, if you need high-quality posts.

Contrary to most other posts, I am not yet convinced that Rory will really break up with Aaron now. Admittedly Rory is extremely annoyed with Aaron, but mainly because Aaron questioned his sexual abilities, in some way implying that he might have taken advantage of him all the time. Sure enough, however, Aaron will make an effort to get Rory back, and if he says something to the effect that he has recently come to realize that there is much more about Rory than being a horny teenager, the odds might not be so bad for him.

There is one aspect of Luke's flirting with Seth that leads me to suspect that: Assuming Luke were actually making a move toward Seth, he'd be doing that although he perfectly knows that Seth is strongly disliked by Rory. In Rory's eyes this may be offsetting the main obstacle to his own relationship with Aaron: Luke hating Aaron. Therefore, Rory's current irritation might not be backed by his anxiousness to please Luke as it would be otherwise.

What's with all the newbies? :blink::blink::blink:

Welcome DavyReader!!! You make a good point. Is Rory really done with Aaron (or shall we say, is Aaron done with Rory). I fear we have more chapters and cliffhangers for that to play out.

And regarding Luke: while at first we were lead to believe that his flirting with Seth was only for Dave's sake, I think Luke won't turn down a bootie call if Seth makes his bootie available :lol: .

Take Care,

Vic

Eddie isn't a good parent yet, and I don't much care for the fumbling effort he's making....

Well Eddie's only been a parent for a few weeks and kids don't come with owner's manuals. As a reader, I very much like the way Dom has handled the interaction between Eddie and Rory. I think their fumbling is a hoot. As a parent myself, I'd like to smack both of them upside the head for their poor behavior. I'm giving the man some slack (at least for a while) before I expect the training wheels to come off.

Sharon

I probably need to reread, as some instances are sketchy.

I'll edit this once I find that spot and get back to ya

EDIT: Good News-I found the right chapter on the 3rd try. When Rory talks about Seth the people present are Luke, Dave, Rick, and Brian.

For all we know he can be Bisexual. Seth was rather charming towards the girls present when everyone was building the patio.

If Luke was so concerned with Angela he shouldn't have been flirting. He should've been straightforward. If he was, guess what? He would've found ot that Angela and Seth weren't dating.

What I'm claiming is probably over the top, dramatic, and what not, I admit it. But, Luke lost respect when he justed started to play these games and toy with people's emotions (Seth's and Rory's; And that is presuming if Seth wasn't just playing along and was genuinely ineterested in Luke).

So my previous claims really aren't supported too much. But there's other ways to make Luke look bad [insert evil maniacal laugh here].

If Luke was flirting, so he could "break-up" Angela's and Seth's relationship, then it was wrong of him to toy with Seth's attraction. And if he was so concerned, he should've voiced his concerns to Anglea and not pussyfoot around (like I said previously).

If Luke decided he was flirting, so he could make Rory jealous then shame on him. If he likes Rory he should talk to him, make a move, etc. To try to manipulate his feelings, especially after a "break-up"(could it be called that?) isn't an honroable move.

Manipulate: to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage.

Now, Luke played upon Rory's emotions at a time when Rory is emotionally vulnerable(he broke up with Aaron, feels guilty about not listening to Luke, doesn't know how to react to Seth, experiencing confusing emotions about Luke, Seth).

Edit again: and I forgot, just to be fair, the same goes for Seth. Wether it was Angela (which we know it isn't) or Rory, he shouldn't manipulate/toy with people's emotions (assuming that he was flirting with Luke to make Rory jealous).

And I hope I don't offend too many people. I'm just trying to make a point that even Luke isn't the angel he's portrayed to be on these forums. Aaron, Rory, Seth have been looked down upon. Some people think that they're not worthy to be with Luke, others think that one of them (except for Aaron, mostly) should date Luke and live happily ever after. The thing is that Luke isn't perfect he has faults too.

Maybe Dom will put me in my place. Who knows? Maybe Seth is bad after all, and Luke is perfect.

Angela tells Rory that Seth is Gay so he isn't Bisexual. Also, haven't you heard of that concept that Str8 females get along with their Gay best friends and Gay Guys because we don't have an Agenda to get them interested in us. I know that is cliche to say it but Str8 women appreciate the fact that we Gay men do appreciate them for who they are and pay them compliments and are charming to them because we don't have an agenda (i.e. a desire to date them and see them as conquests) so we enjoy giving them compliments and enjoy the pleasure of their company. Angela goes on to indicate that Seth is very much that kind of guy..just a really nice guy that she enjoys his company. I trust her judgment a lot. I think they were just enjoying "Will and Grace" moments in past chapters and just are good friends.

Luke was just being Luke, the extra good guy, trying to help Angela and Dave get together. I think the next chapter will either show that as an ironic twist Luke really likes Seth as a potential boyfriend or he was just flirting, having some fun and doesn't see Seth in that way. Time will tell. Somehow, I have a feeling that he really does like Seth and I think that's cool. Not seeing where that will lead to....maybe in the end Rory and Seth end up together or Rory and Luke end up together. I will see what develops and enjoy every moment. I really don't think Luke had any evil intent...he was just trying to get Dave and Angela together. You have to love him for that..and the friends involved are very Gay friendly and I don't think they would be out there (no pun intended) Gay bashing Seth, Rory or Luke if they discovered (some still don't know Rory is Gay) that Seth and Rory are Gay.

I think Luke is pure of heart in his intentions. We all should be so lucky as to have him as a best friend/a friend or better yet a Boyfriend:) He is one in a million and one pretty amazing Guy..I have this feeling that Seth is the same way....After all, I think he was being protective of Rory (trying to warn him off of Aaron, to sitting next to him in the movie theater so Aaron didn't pull or do anything shady to rescuing Rory at the party and driving him home....I think in his own way he is just like Luke....gotta love the guy for that:)

Michael

Another first time post, and not even from a native speaker... So skip this, if you need high-quality posts.

Contrary to most other posts, I am not yet convinced that Rory will really break up with Aaron now. Admittedly Rory is extremely annoyed with Aaron, but mainly because Aaron questioned his sexual abilities, in some way implying that he might have taken advantage of him all the time. Sure enough, however, Aaron will make an effort to get Rory back, and if he says something to the effect that he has recently come to realize that there is much more about Rory than being a horny teenager, the odds might not be so bad for him.

There is one aspect of Luke's flirting with Seth that leads me to suspect that: Assuming Luke were actually making a move toward Seth, he'd be doing that although he perfectly knows that Seth is strongly disliked by Rory. In Rory's eyes this may be offsetting the main obstacle to his own relationship with Aaron: Luke hating Aaron. Therefore, Rory's current irritation might not be backed by his anxiousness to please Luke as it would be otherwise.

I wouldn't doubt we haven't seen the last of Aaron and that Rory (if Luke and Seth get together) decides to give Aaron another chance and say to Luke, well if you can be with Seth whom I hate why can't I be with Aaron who you hate....sort of a Mexican standoff except Rory would only get the worse of it..I wouldn't doubt that Aaron tries to talk his way out of the trouble and try to get back into Rory's good graces and try to again and again use Rory for his own sexual gratification being the TLS that Aaron is!

Michael

I wouldn't doubt we haven't seen the last of Aaron and that Rory (if Luke and Seth get together) decides to give Aaron another chance and say to Luke, well if you can be with Seth whom I hate why can't I be with Aaron who you hate....sort of a Mexican standoff except Rory would only get the worse of it..I wouldn't doubt that Aaron tries to talk his way out of the trouble and try to get back into Rory's good graces and try to again and again use Rory for his own sexual gratification being the TLS that Aaron is!

I don't doubt that Aaron will try yet another time with Rory and spin the usual drivel to make it all go away. (It was all Seth's fault. Or Luke's. Or his parents. Or some guy who bumped him in the sreet in 1993)

We see the whole Luke/Seth thing through Rory's eyes and I wouldn't trust Rory's judgment of people to tell me much about anything. What I do trust (sadly) is Rory's inability to tell Aaron to go jump when Aaron turns up, does his act, and throws in a kiss. Said inability is prolly going to be a bit worse because of what Rory's feeling about Luke, but not talking about with Luke.

Thinking back to the scene in the bedroom, Rory was saying: 'No!' and Aaron was getting on with getting what he wanted. Aaron was using physical force to get there. In a lot of places that could get you charged with sexual assault. Being alone with Aaron strikes me as a really bad idea just now and that may be what Dom is blogging about.

Luke was just being Luke, the extra good guy, trying to help Angela and Dave get together. I think the next chapter will either show that as an ironic twist Luke really likes Seth as a potential boyfriend or he was just flirting, having some fun and doesn't see Seth in that way. Time will tell. Somehow, I have a feeling that he really does like Seth and I think that's cool. Not seeing where that will lead to....maybe in the end Rory and Seth end up together or Rory and Luke end up together. I will see what develops and enjoy every moment. I really don't think Luke had any evil intent...he was just trying to get Dave and Angela together. You have to love him for that..and the friends involved are very Gay friendly and I don't think they would be out there (no pun intended) Gay bashing Seth, Rory or Luke if they discovered (some still don't know Rory is Gay) that Seth and Rory are Gay.

I agree Michael

And as to the part about some not knowing Rory's gay. Wouldn't it have been perfect if in this chapter when Meg was hitting on Rory again. Asking him:

"so do you have a date to Rick's party" If Rory had shaken his head and said casually:

"No, actually I just broke up with my boyfriend." (not going to happen I know, but it woulda been priceless)

As far as Luke flirting with Seth, I really didn't see a problem with it at all. It was a fairly "safe" environment for Seth, and actually I quite enjoyed it (as did Seth I'm sure).

As far as Rory's line to Eddie about getting his mom pregnant at 16. I liked that too. I agree it wasn't a very nice thing to say, but Rory really had had an awful evening, and he really didn't need that right now. Eddie should have (IMO), waited until the next morning, when they'd both be calmer. Also you have to be very careful about pointing out Eddie's "mistake", since it is RORY.

Anyway I think Luke and Seth are going to be together awhile, then eventually somehow it won't work out and in the end Luke and Rory will get together.

Kevin

*sigh* I still can't see Luke and Rory getting together. The whole *almost family* thing is going to come between Tab L and Slot R, and Tab R and Slot L, any and everytime the situation arises. It's this new developement with Seth, which is still as mysterious as ever, that forces me to not predict possible pairings, (that and I have yet to have any relationahip with someone, male or female, beyond friendship, since my first and, to date, only girlfriend since 7th grade) but I agree with others that Aaron is not completely out of the water just yet.

hey now..newbie's are cool. or...well, at least I am...dunno about the others. 0:):D

anyway, i don't think that luke and aaron should get together, much less come within 30 feet of each other! it would be bad, especially considering how horrible aaron treated rory (and rory never really did tell luke what all happened to make rory change his mind about aaron...so luke's imagination might be running wild and he could jump to conclusions and kick aaron's a**?? hmmm...). luke's also become very protective of rory...and this development could possibly make it difficult for R and L to get together as well...hmm...

so then who's left for rory? i really hope it's not seth...i still think he's a rat and there would have to be some MAJOR character development on him before i change my mind. B)

well, just some random thoughts...

hey now..newbie's are cool. or...well, at least I am...dunno about the others. 0:):D

anyway, i don't think that luke and aaron should get together, much less come within 30 feet of each other! it would be bad, especially considering how horrible aaron treated rory (and rory never really did tell luke what all happened to make rory change his mind about aaron...so luke's imagination might be running wild and he could jump to conclusions and kick aaron's a**?? hmmm...).

Agreed! I don't see Luke and Aaron getting together; although Luke did make a coment about being tired of hating Aaron. Still, it seems like Luke has moved beyond Aaron.

luke's also become very protective of rory...and this development could possibly make it difficult for R and L to get together as well...hmm...

Not sure I follow your logic here. I would think that Luke becoming protective of Rory would be a positive aspect in the relationship. Do you think Rory would resent Luke's protectiveness?

so then who's left for rory? i really hope it's not seth...i still think he's a rat and there would have to be some MAJOR character development on him before i change my mind. B)

well, just some random thoughts...

I agree with you and I, too, am still leery of Seth.

**edit by Vic to fix some begin quotes. No content was harmed in the process.

Edited by naper_vic

I'm not sure why some people don't like Seth or are leery of him. I think his only offense was to be involved with Aaron(tls).

And if association with Aaron(tls) is all it takes, then there's a BOATLOAD of other guilty gay boys out there too (including Rory & Luke).

Sheesh, as many dates as Aaron(tls) has gotten his hand on the back of their heads of, Cody must have enough $$$ for college now :lol: .

Take Care,

Vic

I'm not sure why some people don't like Seth or are leery of him. I think his only offense was to be involved with Aaron(tls).

And if association with Aaron(tls) is all it takes, then there's a BOATLOAD of other guilty gay boys out there too (including Rory & Luke).

Sheesh, as many dates as Aaron(tls) has gotten his hand on the back of their heads of, Cody must have enough $$$ for college now :lol: .

Take Care,

Vic

LOL!

As to Seth, he started the antagonism with Rory. For whatever reason, he acted like a jerk the whole time Rory was at this house. The minute Aaron left the room, Seth verbally attacked Rory. Everytime he interacted with Rory he acted like a jerk towards Rory. Again, whatever his reasoning for his actions, this is the attitude he protrayed.

Granted, he showed up at the party--why we don't know. while he was there, he tried to pull Aaron from the party. Apparently, he didn't know Rory was there until Rory approached him and Aaron. So, he wasn't there to rescue Rory. He was there to rescue Aaron.

Yes, he did give Rory a ride home. That is a good thing. But one good thing in a line of bad things does not make Seth a good guy--YET!

Seth had plenty of opportunity to talk to Rory and set the facts out there. When Rory ran into to him at the lemonade stand. Seth could have easily said, "Rory, look, we've gotten off on the wrong foot. Can I talk to you-just for a minute...." Seth never made any attempt to aproach Rory in anyway other than with major attitude.

So, I am very leary of Seth and his motives. I am not ready to say he is a good guy, nor am I ready to condemn into the Aaron camp.

Actions speak louder than words! Seth's actions have not been good--SO FAR.

BTW, thanks for fixing my post. This message board doesn't like my server (safari) so, most times, when I try to post or quote, I get booted. Sometimes, I have to post as I can. Again, Thanks for fixing the earlier post.

I've been trying to keep track of what everything thinks about Rory's behavior in the last chapter, and I'm not positive, but I know someone thought of this:

I feel like Rory actually has shown more maturity in this last chapter. What he said to Seth was out of line, and probably just a pang of jealousy (little does he know) or unleashed anger about Aaron.

Other than that, I think Rory's been acting less childish -- even if some of his thoughts aren't exactly chivalrous. Maybe he's already learning a thing or two from his first (unsuccessful) relationship with Aaron -- as painful as it may be.

-alan

I've been trying to keep track of what everything thinks about Rory's behavior in the last chapter, and I'm not positive, but I know someone thought of this:

I feel like Rory actually has shown more maturity in this last chapter. What he said to Seth was out of line, and probably just a pang of jealousy (little does he know) or unleashed anger about Aaron.

Other than that, I think Rory's been acting less childish -- even if some of his thoughts aren't exactly chivalrous. Maybe he's already learning a thing or two from his first (unsuccessful) relationship with Aaron -- as painful as it may be.

-alan

Also, he did at least come to the realization that whatever developed between Seth and Luke, he'd have to put up with it since Luke put up with him and Aaron. I was proud of him for realizing that. Of course whether or not he's actually able to do that remains to be seen.

*sigh* I still can't see Luke and Rory getting together. The whole *almost family* thing is going to come between Tab L and Slot R, and Tab R and Slot L, any and everytime the situation arises. It's this new developement with Seth, which is still as mysterious as ever, that forces me to not predict possible pairings, (that and I have yet to have any relationahip with someone, male or female, beyond friendship, since my first and, to date, only girlfriend since 7th grade) but I agree with others that Aaron is not completely out of the water just yet.

LOL when I first read that I assumed "Left (L)" and "Right ( R)", but since it could be "Luke (L)" and "Rory ( R)", that's REALLY dirty/descriptive/funny.

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Granted, he showed up at the party--why we don't know. while he was there, he tried to pull Aaron from the party. Apparently, he didn't know Rory was there until Rory approached him and Aaron. So, he wasn't there to rescue Rory. He was there to rescue Aaron.

Good point. I forgot about that. Why exactly was Seth at that party. He did seem to know at least some of the people there but why was he so intent on getting Aaron out until he found out that Rory was there. Curiouser and curiouser :unsure:

LOL when I first read that I assumed "Left (L)" and "Right ( R)", but since it could be "Luke (L)" and "Rory ( R)", that's REALLY dirty/descriptive/funny.

That was my intention :devil: Vic has already admitted that he wouldn't be parent of the year had I been his child :great::2thumbs:

This message board doesn't like my server (safari) so, most times, when I try to post or quote, I get booted. Sometimes, I have to post as I can.
Do you have firewall or anti-virus software that suppresses cookies? Or check Tools / Internet Options / Privacy if you use Internet Explorer. Cookie handling could explain your difficulty, Matthew.