• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, first time poster.

I must say that I'm really starting to like Seth. But the question is: Is Luke starting to like him?.

And I think Rory has a lot of thinking to do before he starts making decisions. He especially has to re-evaluate his feelings about Luke and Seth.

First, Luke. This whole situation seems to have gotten Rory jealous. I'm not buying his excuse that he thinks Seth see luke as an "opportunity".

And, Seth? He seems to have a lot of hatred built up towards Seth, but is it really valid? I believe that Seth means he's over Aaron(and the obligatory TLS), although eh should clear up why he still hangs around him. Rory didn't like Seth because he thought he was the jealous ex. But if Aaron isn't Rory's boyfriend anymore, what does it really matter, especially when Seth seems over Aaron, enough to flirt with Luke.

At least Rory realizes that Aaron isn't Prince charming, but he still has to think about some other people now.

first off, VINDICATION!!! knew seth wasn't really dating angela. :2thumbs:

First, Luke. This whole situation seems to have gotten Rory jealous. I'm not buying his excuse that he thinks Seth see luke as an "opportunity". (that's just him trying to rationalize his jealousy)

And, Seth? He seems to have a lot of hatred built up towards Seth, but is it really valid? (i think he's just transferring his anger at aaron. also, he seemed to be distracting himself from TLS's obvious assholishness when they were seeing each other by focusing on seth then) I believe that Seth means he's over Aaron(and the obligatory TLS), although eh should clear up why he still hangs around him. (that'll be hard with rory refusing to even have a civil conversation with him) Rory didn't like Seth because he thought he was the jealous ex. But if Aaron isn't Rory's boyfriend anymore, what does it really matter, especially when Seth seems over Aaron, enough to flirt with Luke.

also. welcome, coldrising! :P

Edited by Philistine
first off, VINDICATION!!! knew seth wasn't really dating angela.

Word! Now if only Rory would take 5 minutes to think through what's really gone on between him and Seth.

After Eddie's conversation outside Rory's door we're beginning to get some idea of where Rory's less than stellar people skills come from. I'm not even going to think about the similarity between the way Alice the Incomprehensible deals with uncomfortable conversations and the way Rory does. I'm not. I'm just not. I don't have to if I don't want to.

Seth may be a nice guy, but I may have to scream a lot if Luke falls for Seth, but I really don't think it's happening.

Holy damn, that is by far the best chapter ever! I can't stop laughing!

I must say it looks like Luke is finally going to get his... and I won't be pissed if it's with Seth.

Finally Rory "saw the light", let's just hope Aaron the toad doesn't come 'round and make him think otherwise.

I'm kind of curious what Luke was talking about as far as Dave and Angela went, and then suddenly Dave is smiling instead of being a wus. Hmm...

Luke and Seth....Hmmmmmmmm.....

That was a fun chapter. I especially liked it when Rory threw the 'getting my mom pregnant @16' line to Eddie :P .

I'm a little worried though what might be coming up the in the next couple of chapters (based off of Dom's latest Blog entry). With the potential of Luke and Seth hooking up..., it could get ugly for our young protagonist.

Glad to see that Rory 'seems' to be over Aaron(tls). Hope it lasts.

Vic

P.S. - Welcome to first time poster coldrising!!!!!! Too bad you didn't join today AND have your first post. You would have won an AWESOME prize because this is the One Year Domluka Anniversary!!!!!!

I don't think Luke is interested in Seth at all - just wanted to clear the field for Dave. But Seth... the more I re-read, seems VERY interested in Rory.

Emphasizing how he (Seth) is over Aaron :2thumbs:

Wanting to walk Rory to the door :wub:

Not at all happy that Rory hates him :blink:

And now if he thinks he lost any chance with Rory, but might have a chance with Luke (who was, as usual, just being a playa' and using Seth)... 0:)

Hmm - could be an interesting next few (dozen) chapters...

Guest ziggler15

I don't know about anyone else, but I got to the ending of this chapter, and I felt like screaming....I need answers....and I also agree with Rabble_Rouser, I think Seth is trying to make Rory jealous by flirting with Luke...and I think that Rory and Seth would make a good pair...and I think Rory needs a bf more than Luke does...Luke is already experienced, and is comfortable with his sexuality, and Rory still needs time.

Anyway, if anyone wants to discuss the story realtime, my aol sn is kenlr15, and my yahoo sn is ziggler15....talk to you later.... :wacko:

Anyway, if anyone wants to discuss the story realtime, my aol sn is kenlr15, and my yahoo sn is ziggler15....talk to you later.... :wacko:

Hey Ziggy, I don't know if you are aware but there is a live Chat feature here on GA. If there is anyone in the room, there is usually a domaholic in it :D

Take Care,

Vic

P.S. - Booo Aaron!!!!

P.P.S. - 'this new development between Luke and Seth hit me in a way I didn

Edited by naper_vic
Word! Now if only Rory would take 5 minutes to think through what's really gone on between him and Seth.

After Eddie's conversation outside Rory's door we're beginning to get some idea of where Rory's less than stellar people skills come from. I'm not even going to think about the similarity between the way Alice the Incomprehensible deals with uncomfortable conversations and the way Rory does. I'm not. I'm just not. I don't have to if I don't want to.

Seth may be a nice guy, but I may have to scream a lot if Luke falls for Seth, but I really don't think it's happening.

Notice that Rory and Eddie are a lot alike!! Pretty bad communication skills and lots of avoidance, overactions and leap to confusion...Both try hard and are cute in their own fumbling ways.

Now, did you also notice that Jase and Luke are also a lot alike.....good friends, want you to communicate your feelings, are supportive and not judgmental......One could fall hard for either or both of them.

I also think that Luke isn't into Seth....but they would make a cute couple. I do think that as Sharon originally said, Seth really is crazy for Rory....

I also think Rory is discovering he may have a thing for Luke (and he started to see Seth as a good guy..and maybe if he figures it out.he will see that Seth decided to play the buffer for him (like sitting between Rory and Aaron during the movie theater to protect Rory for Aaron...)

I am glad that Angela and Seth are like "Will and Grace".....and I wouldn't doubt that Angela really likes Dave and I wouldn't doubt that Seth had invited Dave to play "Cupid" for them.

It was a fun interesting twist of fates chapter.....it will be interesting if Luke, the total sweetheart hunk ends up with Seth, who I am betting or appears to me to be a total sweetheart hunk. (If Angela thinks the world of him, I am betting that he is a total cool good guy:)

Poor Rory ending up with parts of the awkwardness of Eddie and at times the lack of reasoning skills of Grandma Alice (and her temper...at least Rory could have thanked Seth for coming to his rescue..instead he seemed to pull a "Grandma Alice" and went too postal on Seth....

ah, the fun of this very fun and cool story:) Thanks Dom..this story is more like a combination of mystery, drama and comedy.....you never know what is going to happen next....way cool:)

Michael

I guess now is as good a time as any to officially post for the first time. Here goes:

So maybe I'm just being a whiny (did I spell that right?) two-year-old but there are certain things that I just refuse to believe.

As much as evidence is starting to point against it, I'm still having a hard time believe that Seth is all peaches and lollipops. Maybe I'm blind to it, but to me he didn't seem interested in Rory, he just seemed hostile, maybe if anything annoyed that Aaron is playing the game all over again with someone new. Maybe he's not as bad as we were being led to believe, but I don't think he should already have a halo.

I also don't think Luke is as conniving as people have started making him out to be. Since the story started he's been portrayed as amiable, his conversation with Seth could just as easily be explained by his affable nature as it could by any other alterior motive. Sure he got into it for the wrong reasons, but his mission was more or less was accomplished when Angela confirmed that Seth was gay and they weren't dating. He did keep talking to Seth after he found out, but he was enjoying himself with Seth beforehand why does their suddenly have to be romantic chemistry? Why can't he just still be enjoying himself? And as far as pointing out that Luke needed 'The talk' when he was 13, all I have to say is that we know he and Aaron have history, maybe not entirely how much history, but history none the less. And we also got to see through his interactions with Rory that he can really steer a situation into something sexual. Rory came home with a hickey he didn't want from Aaron, who says the same didn't happen to Luke?

I don't know. Maybe I am making things up, I tend to do that, but I'm not entirely willing to have my opinions on both Seth and Luke suddenly do a complete 180. And even if I am wrong, I'm not convinced enough to admit it yet.

Rory needs a secretary? to type up his memoirs?

No, to take minutes. If he had transcripts of all his conversations with Seth and of his conversations about Seth, it would sure clear up a lot. He's at the point where he should know not to believe things just because Aaron said them. I thought the secretary suggestion was brilliant. A bit of security wouldn't hurt, either.

I think this whole Luke/Seth thing will continue (for a little while at least) leading to Rory to confront his feelings for Luke

That would be another brilliant stroke of irony, if Seth is trying to make Rory jealous, and he winds up making him jealous over Luke instead.

I

i can't bare it, i just can't bare it i tell you, if Luke and Seth get together! LOL. the cliffhangers and anticipation is killing me. i was sitting there thinking to myself the whole time trying to tell rory to go over there and interrupt luke and seth. i get way too invovled in reading i need to chill out. now that finals are over and ive got all this free time, im going to go STARK RAVING MAD waiting for the next chapter. :blink:

lol seems like luke got a date to ricks party. i wonder who rory would take. megs going with rick. cathys with brian. i dunno every one seems to have a date. oh theres angela and aaron!!! lol maybe hell get back with aaron just to make seth and luke jealous. and i dunno, but im guessing something is going to happen at that party.

Edited by Bao

Luke is not being conniving. His impression was that Seth was a gay guy masquerading as Angela's boyfriend. Showing Angela she's being used is not an especially evil thing to do and doesn't bear comparison for all the stuff that Aaron's been repeatedly forgiven for. It also does not mean that Seth and Luke are picking out their trousseau. The shirt trick and the rest seem to be effecting Rory as much as Seth and Luke believes in showing, not telling.

Wow! What a delicious chapter!

Funny how Rory can have so much insight into some things and so little into others at the same time. Kinda like me (sigh).

Good to see that Rory is realizing the distinction between what he really knows of Seth and what Aaron has told him.

Like Vic, I loved the way Rory shut Eddie up. That exchange goes into my top five Dom-lines. "Um ... I'll go get Jase's books." Priceless.

I still want to know WHAT Seth was going to say to Rory before Eddie interrupted him at the end of chapter 18. Argh!

Now we know for sure that Aaron(TLS) lied about Seth and Angela (like Philistine, I was already sure of it). Not sure what he had to gain by it.

Really glad and not at all surprised that Seth is "not so bad." Have been pulling for him, although perhaps not to the extent that he partners with Luke. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I expect Luke and Seth to genuinely be friends in the end. It takes him a while, but eventually Rory acknowledges when he has been wrong, and he's beginning to realize that he has been wrong about Seth. Once he accepts that, he'll clue in that Seth is reaching out to him and may even be interested in him. Then the triangle will be really interesting. Undoubtedly Rory is attracted to Luke, but what will he do if Luke doesn't reciprocate? In that case, he (Rory) wouldn't be the first person to have overlooked someone suitable (Seth) due to being hooked on someone else who is unattainable (Luke).

Someone asked why Seth has been hanging around with Aaron. Is it because Seth has been shunned by the other characters (except Angela), and everyone needs a friend, even if it is TLS? It's tempting to think that Aaron has been playing Seth like he has Rory, but I believe Seth when he says that he is over Aaron. On the other hand, it sounds like Seth was going to make a final break with Aaron the night of the party in chapter 18, so the period before that seems to have been some sort of transition for Seth.

I'd like to know what it is that makes people (other than Rory) have to say "Seth's not so bad" or call him "the enemy"? How did Seth get to be "bad" other than in Rory's eyes? We've had glimpses into Luke's and Aaron's lives before Rory's arrival, but not much into Seth's. Now I want to know. (Dom?)

Luke's using Seth is more cynical than I would have expected of him. His halo is definitely a little tarnished, despite that he was doing it for Dave. Even if Seth were a "bad guy," he has feelings. If he were bi he needn't be masquerading if he were Angela's boyfriend. Sure, if he's gay he is to some extent "fair game," but if Luke is leading him on with no intention of ever being seriously interested in him then that's just wrong. No one deserves that. The end doesn't justify the means. Luke has justified his behaviour on the basis of some assumptions (not known facts), at least one of which (that Seth was leading Angela on) we now know was wrong. I was already suspicious that Luke was too good to be true. Not to suggest that all the good stuff he's done for his friends and Rory was phoney.... The halo is tarnished, not bent out of shape. (Better hand over the flame gear, Rabble_Rouser. Ouch! ... Ouch! ...)

I'm kind of curious what Luke was talking about as far as Dave and Angela went, and then suddenly Dave is smiling instead of being a wus. Hmm...

Just the knowledge that Angela isn't going out with Seth would be enough to cause the change in Dave, I reckon.

Perhaps Rory will not end up with anyone. That would be a first for Dom. To write a story where the Main Character comes to terms with his new life rather then finding someone to share it with.

Wow! What a concept. I thought of it but dismissed it, but who knows? Rory doesn't strike me as being ready (yet) for a relationship like, say, Owen was.

Dave's feelings toward Seth would probably be further cemented once he learns the whole Aaron\Seth\Rory saga.

Since Seth didn't respond to Luke's early flirtation (and almost seemed annoyed or put-off), what led to his mid-day change of heart? I think Seth is using Luke to try and make Rory jealous since that's who he's really after.

Still not convinced that Seth's role in that saga is clear enough to be as negative as Rory thinks. And if Dave was pissed at Seth because of his connection to Angela, he has no reason (that we know of) to still feel that way now.

I'm puzzled by Seth's abrupt change of behaviour and the making-Rory-jealous idea has appeal. I'd much rather he simply talk to Rory and explain why Rory's anger is misplaced. But that would make the story much shorter!

Notice that Rory and Eddie are a lot alike!! ...

Michael

My gosh! Who would have thought that as soon as I hang up my "Aaron defending" guns, I'd have to strap on some "Luke defending" ones. :lmao: ...

Kevin

Nodded with agreement at much that Michael and Kevin offered. Except that I'm not sure that Dave is on Angela's radar yet.

(BTW, Kevin, Jase (therefore Dom?) agrees with you (see the DD18 topic) re. telling a 16 year old what to do. It was almost as if Jase had read your post. Even before that, you really made me think, and moderate my own opinion somewhat. When I remember what I was like and what I was doing at 16, I wouldn't have taken kindly to an ultimatum from anyone. I really struggle with the question, how serious do the consequences of a teenager's poor decision have to be before you step in?)

Why do I think that chapter 20 is going to raise more questions than it answers? (Experience???)