43 Things That Will Make You Feel Old

methodwriter85

43 Things That Will Make You Feel Really Old

The ones of note for me:

39. You can go up to a 15-year old and say, "I have MP3's that are older than you."

37. TSdYGQF.jpg

34. In two years it will be 2015 and you will be as far removed from 1985 as Marty McFly was from 1955.

32. People born in 1995 graduated high school this year.

29. Here's how old the Backstreet Boys's currently are:enhanced-buzz-2643-1368482494-3.jpg

26. The Power Rangers made their debut in 1993, twenty years ago.

19. And these are the Rugrat's current ages: enhanced-buzz-30283-1368476205-7.jpg

18. Monica and Chandler's twins should be 9, Phoebe's triplets would be 14, Benjamin should be 18, and Emma would be 11.

17. Home Alone was released closer to The MOON LANDING than to now.

2. enhanced-buzz-28166-1368481509-10.jpg

Man time goes by.

Edited by methodwriter85

In all honesty, right now is the youngest I've felt since 15 or 16.

24s the new 15 sweetcheek.

I've felt old since I was about 24, so I'm the opposite.

It's just weird to me that 1993 was really twenty years ago. It just feels so recent to me. It's weird to think there are twentysomethings now for whom the early/mid-90's means nothing to them. It was such a formulative time for me.

I've felt old since I was about 24, so I'm the opposite.

It's just weird to me that 1993 was really twenty years ago. It just feels so recent to me. It's weird to think there are twentysomethings now for whom the early/mid-90's means nothing to them. It was such a formulative time for me.

And 2033 is 20 years from now :) and by then hopefully I would have married rich a good career.

I just turned 25, and I refuse to start feeling old. I also refuse point blank to be responsible, to settle down or to make up my mind about what I want to be when I grow up.

But, yeah, the Backstreet Boys one kind of made me feel it, too... :P

EDIT: Read the full list. Recognising and remembering floppy disks does not make me feel old, it makes me feel like I have mad nerd cred. ;)

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1

EDIT: Read the full list. Recognising and remembering floppy disks does not make me feel old, it makes me feel like I have mad nerd cred. ;)

I just turned twenty six, and the floppy discs made me feel that too. granted, the kids i teach make me feel old more often. Most of them have never seen Back to the Future, they don't know what a Delorian is *cries*

I refuse to be grown up, even though i teach, but me and the man have been 'old and boring' for years. we're very settled, we know what we want in life (wedding (soon), house, cats, dogs, kids, land, small holding). I hate to think that i might have 'grown up' but i refuse to be an 'adult' about it

• Like 1

I had a major "I'm old" moment, when I was trying to sing "Let's Talk About Sex" by Salt N Peppa at a college karoke show in 2012, and the kids had no clue about the song. Like, at all.

• Like 1

none of it made me feel old. what gets me is when the music I listened to in high school is used as backgroud noise in the elevator

• Site Administrator

Gosh. This thread makes me think you're all old :)

Listen young whipper snapper... You're not too old to go over my knee :P

(the only old thing that came to my mind at the time)

Listen young whipper snapper... You're not too old to go over my knee :P

(the only old thing that came to my mind at the time)

Personally, I'm a fan of 'Tuck your shirt in and get off my lawn!'