Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Epilogue suggestions thread

I've been involuntarily offline for several days (my internet connection, a transceiver, died... though it's been failing for weeks and I should have replaced it sooner). I hope to be back online within a day.

In the meantime, I'd like to launch an epilogue suggestion thread, for any loose ends or issues that would be good to wrap up. I already have a long list that's already in the epilogue (Trevor's car, last seen being torn apart during the action at the marina restaurant) is in it, as are quite a few other things.

I can't promise to include everything, but I'm open to ideas. :)

CJ :)

I can think of a few things, C J.

What was the final outcome of the cartel wars?  Did Gonzalez get a big promotion?  Did Frank pick up new clients?

Has Atlantis been rebuilt?  Did Ned fly in from Carnarvon to oversee the work?  Did the insurance company balk at two rebuilds in one year?

Did the gold stash survive the storm?  How did Trevor and Shane avoid confiscatory taxes?

Most important, what are our four heroes doing now?

I'm looking forward to it.

B) ...........................Book sales, Trevor's car, what is left of Bridget's assets for Jim and Dirk, and the gold. I can't see Trevor being cooped up for long on land, so will the insurance company rent them another cat?  Back to the book, will the publishers be able to have it beta read in time to publish it 3 years later?  ;)  There is that promised interview with the Aussie reporter, I imagine the boys will be wanted by shows like Oprah (Errr, what year is this saga in?).  Anyway after all that, just have them sail into the sunset!

I think there's a newly married couple that is still owed a honeymoon and we need closure as to whether they went to Gitmo or someplace else.  Additionally, it seems there is a lot of cash in Trevor's old car if it can be found.  The criminal lawyer should have some ideas on how to handle that and the gold in the best way.   

Gonzales has already got one promotion.  Will this get him another new job.

TV and the press both in the States and Aussieland will be all over this story so I could see a stint on the Today Show and others.

Lisa has been a good sport through all this with her wedding, honeymoon and everything else, especially dealing with her mom and the so called friend that died in Tahiti, not to mention the complete betrayal by the witch.  She definitely is the unsung heroine in the whole story and it would be nice for her to find some closure and peace.

In short any bone you can throw us would be appreciated CJ!  Thanks again for a remarkable story that has held the interest and devotion of so many for so long despite that interminable delays..... :*)

• Like 1

I think there's a newly married couple that is still owed a honeymoon and we need closure as to whether they went to Gitmo or someplace else.  Additionally, it seems there is a lot of cash in Trevor's old car if it can be found.  The criminal lawyer should have some ideas on how to handle that and the gold in the best way.   

Gonzales has already got one promotion.  Will this get him another new job.

TV and the press both in the States and Aussieland will be all over this story so I could see a stint on the Today Show and others.

Lisa has been a good sport through all this with her wedding, honeymoon and everything else, especially dealing with her mom and the so called friend that died in Tahiti, not to mention the complete betrayal by the witch.  She definitely is the unsung heroine in the whole story and it would be nice for her to find some closure and peace.

In short any bone you can throw us would be appreciated CJ!  Thanks again for a remarkable story that has held the interest and devotion of so many for so long despite that interminable delays..... :*)

B) ..............Yep, Lisa and Joel need a real honeymoon without hurricanes, Bridget and the cartel!!  I wasn't sure if Julie ever met Lisa, perhaps when she was Captaining Trevor's boat. Other then that I don't remember. Bridget however goes without saying!

Gonzales does not need another promotion, he will be fine fixating his passion on crooked cops, with Henry always on his mind.

Now that the boys charter business is a probability :hug:  I wonder if they'll get a charter in Oz from a"spikey" Melbourne gentleman :thumbup:  needing a relaxing break???? If they took lots of umbrellas with them, they could write a book about it.... The title could be Fifty Shades of...... ooops I think maybe another "James" has done that one LOL

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Winemaker

Now that the boys charter business is a probability :hug:  I wonder if they'll get a charter in Oz from a Melbourne gentleman :thumbup:  needing a relaxing break???? If they took lots of umbrellas they could write a book about it.... The title could be Fifty Shades of...... ooops I think maybe another "James" has done that one LOL

Cheers

Chris

B) ................... I thought on that, seeing that the seasons are turned around, Trevor and Shane would stay in the US during the spring/summer months and depending on Shane's vista fly back to OZ during their likewise weather cycle for charters.

• Site Moderator

While there is some good suggestions and speculations here, I don't think every one is doable at this time. If CJ sticks to the timeline he told me, the epilogue will begin two months later.

B) ................Although I doubt that I wouldn't put it him pass him, no I expect a long chapter in wrapping up the long voyage of Trevor, and the residuals of effects on Lisa and Joel, who will also become celebrities from riding the storm and escaping the cartel. Once the media storm lets up, the book will revisit the attention to Trevor. I foresee Trevor and Shane working the Florida coast for the season and flying back to Australia for their season in the tourist trade of excursions.  After all how long can Shane's visa last in the US?

Edited by Benji

B) ................Although I doubt that I wouldn't put him passed him, no I expect a long chapter in wrapping up the long voyage of Trevor, and the residuals of effects on Lisa and Joel, who will also become celebrities from riding the storm and escaping the cartel. Once the media storm lets up, the book will revisit the attention to Trevor. I foresee Trevor and Shane working the Florida coast for the season and flying back to Australia for their season in the tourist trade of excursions.  After all how long can Shane's visa last in the US?

Can you imagine, if a person in real life had a year like the one described in this story and wrote a book and got into the day cruise business. First, they' get rich of the interest by the press, and they'd get richer off the book, and then throw in the boat business which would be booked solid......HUGE moneymaker!!!

• Site Administrator

Back to unanswered questions.................

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we last heard of the Australian characters in a silence mode in Rhys lagoon. Did they get out and everyone is carrying on their business? I know Trevor called his Uncle Greg to ask about the guns in Mexico but I don't remember much more.

Furthermore, CJ, you still need to reveal that Grundig was a lackey for the Cartel :P .

I hope that Bluey and Bonzer make it home safe?

Edited by wildone

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we last heard of the Australian characters in a silence mode in Rhys lagoon. Did they get out and everyone is carrying on their business? I know Trevor called his Uncle Greg to ask about the guns in Mexico but I don't remember much more.

Furthermore, CJ, you still need to reveal that Grundig was a lackey for the Cartel :P .

B) ..................... You are certainly right about one thing, someone in the loop with the coast guard of Australia was in cahoots with the cartel.

B) ..................... You are certainly right about one thing, someone in the loop with the coast guard of Australia was in cahoots with the cartel.

Australia does not have a Coast Guard like the USA

There is a

Australian Customs and Border Protection Service

The armed protection of our borders is carried out by the army navy and airforce

Uncle Greg and Grundig are customs officers

Australia does not have a Coast Guard like the USA

There is a

Australian Customs and Border Protection Service

The armed protection of our borders is carried out by the army navy and airforce

Uncle Greg and Grundig are customs officers

B) .........I stand corrected, wasn't sure I had it right and just went forward in my post.

The story certainly doesn't indicate that Grundig was a cartel employee ;)

Edited by Winemaker

The story certainly doesn't indicate that Grundig was a cartel employee ;)

I agree.  I don't know how that idea started in the discussions.  I think the cartel and the Australian underworld had their own people capable of spying out what's happening anywhere in the country.  Treachery by a named character isn't necessary.  Just because Grundig is not a major character doesn't make him suspect.

• Site Moderator

Grundig became the contact person to complete the illusion that all aboard Kookaburra died in the explosion. Other than that, he was just there.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..