[DomLuka] Website Changes

What kind of colors would you like to see?

Rainbows, lots of rainbows. ;)

I kind of like the old logos they have their charm. Beyond that, no preferences really. I tried updating one of my old websites and I discovered I suck at graphic designing. You'd think being gay would be good for something...

Ah well, best of luck to Nate, though I kind of like the website. It's like the web in '96.

//shadows

As long as the content is Dom, we would read it off of the bottoms of dixie cups. :wub:

Hmmm I Like the dixie cup idea... lol

O and Sharon, I agree with you 100% I will NEVER ever consider doing something like that.

Thanks for the comments guys!!

-Nate

I think it's perfect the way it is. Except that it takes so long to get to the stories. There should be a direct link from Domaholics home page, to DD home page.

Um, there already is? domluka.gayauthors.org, then click Desert Dropping.... I don't think it could be any simpler.

As for colors, yeah black text on white background is bad, also for the eyes after a while. I remember reading a story on Nifty once that had black text and soft yellow/cream colored background, that was easy on the eyes and I could read for hours on end. As long as something like that is maintained and getting to the stories remains simple, I say go hog wild Nate.

Crud, I might as well go back to being blonde......uh what website are we talking about here? Do you mean like the Dom Luka/Domaholic section of Gayauthors? Or is there some page you guys have been sneaking off to without telling me?

***leaves mud all around the door for tracking purposes***

Anyway if you mean this page: http://domluka.gayauthors.org/ I pretty much like it like it is, but wouldn't mind too much seeing some change. I would kinda like to keep the stories themselves on the color scheme they have. With TLW on a pale blue, TOU with the pale green, and DD with the yellow. I know I'm silly but I've grown to like it. Any other enhancement would be welcome though, and I'll probably get over it if you change the other stuff too.

As far as suggestions go. BLUE, lots and lots of BLUE. Royal blue or a deep, fairly dark blue ideally. That said I'm not picky, and I'm sure you'll do a great job Nate! Thanks for undertaking this for us, I think it's awesome (assuming I've got it straight in my head which site we're actually talking about).

Take care,

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Kevin,

Yes that is the page we are talking about.

And I'll think about "all that blue".

Anyways what we mean by redoing the site is, we want to have it so it is like a real seperate website(but it won't be!!). I want to keep it easy to go through, and easy to see if Dom's stories are updated. What I want to see is more content.

-Nate

Ohhh, I like Ann's idea, but make it look like the www.jkrowling.com website 0:)

Umm now seriously (just some brainstorming ideas)...

1) Maybe Malice will allow his 'Seth' on the website....

2) For DD, use a font that looks like writing in the dirt ala Seth

3) For the TLW intro, fix the part where it says 'Owen Dovan moves in with the brothers he hasn't seen in two years'...It's been THREE years since Owen saw Chris & Tony

But overall, I agree with everyone else, keep it simple.

Hope this helps NateyP!

Vic

Ohhh, I like Ann's idea, but make it look like the www.jkrowling.com website 0:)

Umm now seriously (just some brainstorming ideas)...

1) Maybe Malice will allow his 'Seth' on the website....

2) For DD, use a font that looks like writing in the dirt ala Seth

3) For the TLW intro, fix the part where it says 'Owen Dovan moves in with the brothers he hasn't seen in two years'...It's been THREE years since Owen saw Chris & Tony

But overall, I agree with everyone else, keep it simple.

Hope this helps NateyP!

Vic

Thanks for the ideas and input Vickie. And about #1 I really want to see if Dom will allow a Fan Art Page. But the only problem might be that we may not have alot of artistic Domaholics (Yea right, They are probably hiding!!! You know who you are).

But keep it coming!!

-Nate

P.S. Vickie watch your back :D

Thanks for the ideas and input Vickie. And about #1 I really want to see if Dom will allow a Fan Art Page. But the only problem might be that we may not have alot of artistic Domaholics (Yea right, They are probably hiding!!! You know who you are).

But keep it coming!!

-Nate

P.S. Vickie watch your back :D

Just one thing. Are you any good at drawing coz ive got this mental image of Luke strolling down the hallway just after a shower that just refuses to go away :P .

I like Vic's idea about the writing in the dirt too.

Wynter

Edited by Wynter
I really like the idea of having readers' artwork on the site. Do we have any cartoonists on board here? I'd love to see a comic drawing of Rory sitting on that cactus :D .

My only specific request (and it's a strong request) is that the story pages continue to be coded so that we can change the text size in our browser window, for purposes of being able to read comfortably.

BTW, thanks for doing this, Nate.

Kitty :)

Kitty,

I shall honor all your requests, and I'd like to see that comic too.

And Anyone,

If you can draw please PM me.

-Nate

Edited by NateB

Minor item - but move "Spirit of James" out from under the "Short Stories" link - for a while, I didn't even realize it was a link. It should be on the main list, just like "Under the Mistletoe" is now... or some organizational way so that it isn't overlooked, especially since it is such a fantastic story.

There is a very old adage that still works even today: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The lay outs are good, simple and clean.

The focus of the site is content. Everything else is dressing.

Oh yeah- :hug: and :worship: to NateB for pitching in to help out!

If you are motivated to help, PM Myr. There is always something to do. ^_^

A logo for With Trust would be nice. :) I don't even see it when I go to the site.

I agree with Ann, I banner for With Trust would be good. And maybe a section clearly marked "short stories" or something, and then The Spirit of James and Under the Mistletoe with banners too. Not that I want to sound demanding or anything, just a suggestion. I'm sure I'll like whatever is chosen :)

Take care,

Kevin