England is next! Let's celebrate!

paya

Thank God some countries are moving into the 21st century.  The US is trying, kicking and screaming along the way, so maybe we'll get there too, before the end of the century. 

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this paya.

I actually did a blog on this yesterday with stuff that can't be posted in the Lounge - if anyone's interested or wants to post stuff that can't go here  ;)

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/blog/504/entry-13712-gay-marriage-in-england-and-wales-to-be-made-legal-this-week/

• Site Administrator

I don't want to be pushy or presumptuous, but will this have any affect on yours and Westie's future Paya ;)

If you don't want to comment, I'd totally understand :)

I don't want to be pushy or presumptuous, but will this have any affect on yours and Westie's future Paya ;)

If you don't want to comment, I'd totally understand :)

Of course! :) Now we only need to find a sponsor and then we'll arrange a big gay wedding! :D

Gay marriage only if the faiths accept it. And to the two biggest faiths in England and Wales are not allowed to participate by law.  The queen is the head of one of them.  It good it's happening, as it is in Scotland.  But it's a little constrictive to be honest.  Thankfully the third largest faith in Britain is pro it.....go the Humanists.

We are legally allowed to call it a "marriage".  Not a civil partnership.  That is what we are celebrating.  Small steps forward on a bigger journey, for sure, but for today this is a great event.

For information only, which is to say that this is not a discussion of politics (in the sense of right, wrong or fish fingers), I just want to point out that this law not only allows CIVIL gay marriage, but as Kiltie alludes to, there is also an opt-in to allow RELIGIOUS gay marriage also.  The Church of England is prevented from opting in, and the Catholic Church wont, but its wonderful to know that there are even more options open to everyone (quakers, and some baptists - i think - have already confirmed they will be opting in).

West

And PS - You're darn right this will affect mine and Paya's future.  Maybe we could even broadcast via webcam to the whole GA community :P Afterall, this is where we met!!!

Gay marriage only if the faiths accept it. And to the two biggest faiths in England and Wales are not allowed to participate by law.  The queen is the head of one of them. 

|'ve already given you the reasons for this Kiltie

Edited by Zombie

• Site Administrator

Of course! :) Now we only need to find a sponsor and then we'll arrange a big gay wedding! :D

We are legally allowed to call it a "marriage".  Not a civil partnership.  That is what we are celebrating.  Small steps forward on a bigger journey, for sure, but for today this is a great event.

For information only, which is to say that this is not a discussion of politics (in the sense of right, wrong or fish fingers), I just want to point out that this law not only allows CIVIL gay marriage, but as Kiltie alludes to, there is also an opt-in to allow RELIGIOUS gay marriage also.  The Church of England is prevented from opting in, and the Catholic Church wont, but its wonderful to know that there are even more options open to everyone (quakers, and some baptists - i think - have already confirmed they will be opting in).

West

And PS - You're darn right this will affect mine and Paya's future.  Maybe we could even broadcast via webcam to the whole GA community :P Afterall, this is where we met!!!

:hug: to both of you :D

West

Wooo hooo    do i need a new dress to watch the cam cast?

Edited by Kitt