• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
#DoctorWho was last night crowned Best Drama at the UK National TV Awards, with Matt Smith also scooping the Best Drama Performance award! Geronimo!
1535756_807926675888028_1941982781_n.jpg
A MASSIVE thank you from all of us to you guys (our incredible fans!) and to everyone who voted for us and for Matt.

Here's a special video message from Matt: http://bbc.in/1jpyp6A

I dunno, but sooner or later Moffatt is bound to realise that his new star is an Oscar winning director and screen writer and will likely protest loudly if he gives him the same kind of poor character development he gave Matt. I've heard rumours that Peter has already rebelled against his master's voice. We've got a rogue Time Lord on our hands. ;)

• Like 1
Just been to the Dr Who Symphonic Spectacular - introduced by the 5th doctor with "guest" appearances from The Daleks, Cybermen, Silurians, Venetian vampires, the Ood, the Silence, the Ice Warriors and many more. Not to mention the music which was "spectacular".

• Like 1

I don't really understand why a lot of Doctor Who fans seem to hate Moffat, some of the best episodes in recent years have been written by him and don't forget mark gatiss and steven moffat created the new Sherlock series.

I think RTD did a fantastic job to bring back Doctor Who and did a great job on torchwood, but I prefer Moffats episodes.

Late this this, but I've come to strongly dislike Moffat as lead writer.  "Blink" was brilliant, one of the best hours of television ever made.  But I'll put my issues with Moffat in spoilers because it's going to contain a lot of them.

"The Empty Child"/"The Doctor Dances" was Moffat's first episode, and what was a one-time exception in that episode became the norm now that he's lead writer.  "Everybody lives, Rose! Just this once, everybody lives!" is now "Just this every single time, everybody lives!"  Sure, there's the occasional RedShirt death early in an episode to show that The Danger is Real, but there are never any serious consequences for major characters anymore.  It just feels like Moffat is trying to recreate "Blink" writ large over entire seasons, again and again.  Pre vs. post Moffat comparison of major character fates:

pre-Moffat:

Rose and Jackie Tyler: trapped in a parallel universe

9th Doctor: dies to save Rose

Mickey Smith: Despite following her into a parallel universe, ends up losing Rose

Jack Harkness: immortal

10th Doctor: dies to save Wilfred

Sarah Jane Smith: never written (Elizabeth Sladen died in a car accident)

Donna Noble: has to have her memory erased

Martha Jones: actually walked away unscathed

Wilfred Mott: lived, but had to live with knowing 10 died to save him

post-Moffat:

Amy and Rory: sent back in time to live happily ever after together, die of old age

River Song: saved to a hard drive even when she sacrifices herself to save the Doctor

Vastra: still alive

Jenny: still alive

Strax: still alive

Clara: sacrifices herself to save the Doctor (repeatedly), but he jumps in and rescues her so she can both be scattered across his timestream AND live on.

11th Doctor:  dies of old age.  a Doctor, living out a happily ever after and then dying of old age.

Just once, there needs to be some consequences for a main character that doesn't include "and (s)he lived happily ever after."

• Like 2

gosh again daleks

will clara have deja vu?

Doctor Who star Peter Capaldi 'will battle with Daleks' in first series in the role

tumblr_n0dpvpo2fi1rd3i6fo1_500.png

‘Doctor Who’s Day Roundup: Happy 50th Birthday, Christopher Eccleston!

tumblr_n0lxfyYrbF1s8kkopo1_500.jpg

Edited by hh5