I'm upset they discontinued torchwood

I actually haven't seen any of it yet. It's on the list of possible tv series to watch with the hubby. I have however, been a huge fan of the spin-off Torchwood. :D

I'm still flailing randomly when I think about it. I don't know what to do with myself because The Day of the Doctor was so awesome and the eyes and there was stuff and boom and I'm utterly incoherent. I've watched it twice now. Tomorrow I'm seeing it in 3D in the cinema. :D

• Like 1

'Doctor Who': Christopher Eccleston's 'The Day of the Doctor' absence was unnecessary

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/11/doctor-who-christopher-ecclestons-the-day-of-the-doctor-absence-was-unnecessary.html

Now that "The Day of the Doctor" has passed, it's time to talk about one obvious omission: Christopher Eccleston. The immediate reaction is going to be, "But Eccleston was there!" While that moment with all of the other Doctors was wonderful, it was little more that a clever re-purposing of "Doctor Who" archival footage. It's still great, but really just leaves Whovians wanting more.

'Doctor Who': Christopher Eccleston's 'The Day of the Doctor' absence was unnecessary

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/11/doctor-who-christopher-ecclestons-the-day-of-the-doctor-absence-was-unnecessary.html

Now that "The Day of the Doctor" has passed, it's time to talk about one obvious omission: Christopher Eccleston. The immediate reaction is going to be, "But Eccleston was there!" While that moment with all of the other Doctors was wonderful, it was little more that a clever re-purposing of "Doctor Who" archival footage. It's still great, but really just leaves Whovians wanting more.

No there is not (time to talk about). Christopher Ecclestone is an actor and he made a decision that was respected by the realization team, Moffat, other actors playing in the film, shortly everybody. The only ones who have problem with it is a group of people who seek out targets to have beef with.

• Like 1

Paya is right. Eccleston was always very clear on the fact that he only ever wanted to be in the one series he was in, and he had no desire to appear in any more Doctor Who stuff. That is his choice and his alone. He was not left out by the production team. 

Regenerations...

Doctor Who first explained that the Doctor had a 12 regeneration limit in the classic Tom Baker serial "The Deadly Assassin." While Matt Smith was the Eleventh Doctor, he was only on his tenth regeneration. But now that John Hurt has been introduced into the mix, the Eleventh Doctor is now technically on his twelfth incarnation — which would make his transformation into Peter Capaldi's Doctor the thirteenth and final one (so to speak). Here's what Moffat had to say about the matter at the Doctor Who 50th Celebration, including why Matt Smith is still "The Eleventh Doctor" regardless of John Hurt:

"He has no more ever called himself the 11th Doctor than he would call himself Matt Smith. The Doctor doesn't know off the top of his head [what number he is]. If you worry about such things, and I do, then I specifically said John Hurt's Doctor doesn't use the title. [Matt Smith's Doctor] is in his 12th body but he's the 11th Doctor, however there is no such character as the 11th Doctor - he's just The Doctor, that's what he calls himself. The numbering doesn't matter, except for those lists that you and I have been making for many years. So I've given you the option of not counting John Hurt numerically - he's the War Doctor."

That makes a lot of sense, and keeps people from having to renumber the Doctors in their heads. However, The Mirror has stated a new rumor — take it with as large a grain of salt as you'd like — that in the upcoming Christmas special, Matt Smith will reveal he's actually the thirteenth and technically final incarnation of the Doctor. Now, there's not going to be another secret incarnation of the Doctor that appears (well, probably), but instead this is because of the David Tennant episode "The Journey's End," where the Time Lord used one of his regenerations to save himself. That, including John Hurt, would indeed make the switch from Tennant to Smith the 12th and final regeneration. Here's everything The Mirror has to say about the Christmas special and the reveal (again, grain of salt):

"Doctor Who will face the end of a 50 year story in the Christmas special – when Time Lord Matt Smith reveals he is actually the 13th and 'final' Doctor. Actor Matt, 31, has long thought to have been the Eleventh Doctor on the hit BBC sci-fi show, which can only regenerate 12 times according to the show's folklore. Fans have worried for years that the show will have to end once the 13th Doctor dies. But on December 25, current theories among millions of fans will be exterminated once and for all when Matt says in a dramatic speech he is the 13th Doctor and adds: "I'm dying and there is nothing I can do about it." On Saturday night at the end of the show's 50th anniversary special, all the Doctors lined up, including John Hurt who was previously not thought to count. David Tennant's Time Lord also used up an extra regeneration to save himself in an episode called Journey's End. A show source explained: "There have been two David Tennant Doctor Whos technically and with John Hurt playing another Doctor in the film, it basically means he can't regenerate again. "The riddle of the regeneration problem, something fans have talked about for decades, will be faced head on at Christmas. There is going to be another huge cliffhanger and somehow Peter Capaldi has to join and the series has to continue."

I trust that's all clear... :lol::funny: :funny:

http://io9.com/doctor-whos-regeneration-history-may-be-more-insane-th-1471410501/@bricken

• Like 1

It is also part of the series' lore that The Master managed to get past the 12 regenerations limit, which might suggest that the limit is not biological, but rather a safeguard put in place by the Time Lords because no one should be effectively immortal. With Gallifrey safely locked away, there's no reason why the limit should still matter to the Doctor. That's my headcanon, anyway, until proven otherwise. :P Another thing is that the 8th Doctor's regeneration into the War Doctor was not a natural one, and when the War Doctor's job was done, he regenerated without actually being on the brink of death. I think that means that that regeneration doesn't actually count.

I was wondering when that magic 13 would come into play since it was mentioned somewhere in the series n in the 8th doctor movie

do we follow the adventure of another time lord eventually if he accepts the pass on legacy of this doctor or not

lol, hearing from a hard core syfy person ... time travel is weird and gives a headache n lots of debate that has no outcome but entertainment

put into perspective doesn't the count get zeroed out when the universe was rebooted

and amy recalled the doctor into existence who was erased from history

how can he be counted as #13 when he no longer existed

now he does exist who said he is still #13

only moffat tells you but who says he's right?

amy doesn't know about this count restriction

all she knows that she sees that this doctor will live forever and she n rory died believing that

so isn't that belief creates the new doctor

its a new life for everyone in the universe\galaxies

• 3 weeks later...