Nelson Mandela dies

Sasha Distan

• Site Administrator

Rest In Peace Mr. Mandela.

You were loved by Canadians, and you loved Canada. The relationship was so strong, you became the first living honourary Canadian Citizen.

May your legacy live on for generations.

• Like 4

no man can live forever.... Nelson certianly lived longer than many of his counterparts...

his image and what he represents however can live for as long as people remember him....

Hell it can remain until there is nothing left of the memory of the real man, his faults, his loves, his lusts, his pain, and his regrets... only the legend.

Nelson did become a legend, he and his earler life struggles came to symbolize South Africa especially to outsiders who never lived there...

Nelson Mandella today equates to South Africa, just as much if not more-so than the earlier racial conflicts....

myself, I'd rather have known the man not the legend or the image...

• Like 1

He was an amazing example of how you have choices in life.  He could have been bitter and tried to seek vengence for being incarcerated for so long, but instead he forgave and moved on with his life.  He alleviated the fears the white minority had that they would be forced to pay for their past.  Instead, he united a nation.  I salute this great man and may he rest in peace.   

• Like 2