PSA's (Public Service Announcements)

No one has done a topic on this yet and I think it's kind of funny and intriguing, since all of us grew up with PSAs, including kids today.

From the 1940's to present, every nation has had a version of the public service announcement under the guise of an ad campaign or a commercial.

Personally, I know PSAs are tantamount to propaganda and exploitative mock ups on a complex subject, but sometimes you just have to let go of your thoughts and laugh at these things. I know everyone has at least a few of these they either laugh at or are scared of.

My first PSA from memory was this one with Smokey the bear (I don't know why I remembered it maybe I just like bears :P )

Nowadays, Smokey will give a big old bear hug if you put out your fires properly :P

• Like 2

awesome!

in the UK, we don't have cool PSA's, only really graphic ones about not wearing your seatbelt and drink-driving.

oh, except for this one. Thank Vinnie Jones, we love you

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

When they were showing this on TV, I used to leave the room. I was really scared of it. It shows someone falling through the ice and someone trying to help him.....and there´s a voice telling what they did wrong and how it´s done properly.