Morning beverage of choice

Monolithic

I love coffee but I've been cutting out sugar with my workout routine so I've been drinking favored coffees like caramel/butter rum/toffee/hazelnut....but still has to have some cream!   

• Like 1

I love coffee but I've been cutting out sugar with my workout routine so I've been drinking favored coffees like caramel/butter rum/toffee/hazelnut....but still has to have some cream!   

Try a little cinnamon in the grounds.

luckily im a college student with mostly afternoon lectures (if any! rock on 7 contact hours a week on average), so i drink my vodka from about 11am onwards ;)

Those were the days! Enjoy it while it lasts. 

• Like 2

Used to be iced tea - gallons and gallons of iced tea.  Needed the pick me up to convince myself I was alive.  Now it's a peach mango energy drink that gets me going.

• Site Administrator

I just don't like hot drinks, or sugary ones either. So for me it is a Diet Coke with Lime every morning when i wake up. Got to get the caffeine from somewhere :P

• Like 1

Try a little cinnamon in the grounds.

When I make a pot of coffee at home I raid my spice cabinet. Many extracts, like vanilla or almond, add something to the coffee grounds. Cinnamon and nutmeg add flavor too  when added to the grounds.

I start the day with 2 mugs of really good, really fresh, unadulterated coffee brewed to proper strength in a press pot.

{really good = special blend of beans from Brazil, Ethiopia, Yemen & Indonesia}

{really fresh = brewed just before pouring into the cup; beans ground after the water is in the kettle & heating; beans roasted no more than 14 days before grinding}

{unadulterated = no sugar, cream, milk, artificial sweetener, flavoring syrup, spices, extracts, spirits, etc., just coffee beans and water}

{proper strength = 1/3 cup beans to 16 oz. water}

• Like 1

Lisa always gets me flavored coffee for my birthday. I can't get it here, at least not this really tasty, crazy stuff. Love it. When I have it, I skip the green tea and the sugar.

• Like 2

I start the day with 2 mugs of really good, really fresh, unadulterated coffee brewed to proper strength in a press pot.

{really good = special blend of beans from Brazil, Ethiopia, Yemen & Indonesia}

{really fresh = brewed just before pouring into the cup; beans ground after the water is in the kettle & heating; beans roasted no more than 14 days before grinding}

{unadulterated = no sugar, cream, milk, artificial sweetener, flavoring syrup, spices, extracts, spirits, etc., just coffee beans and water}

{proper strength = 1/3 cup beans to 16 oz. water}

That is the proper way to have coffee. I usually buy whole beans from Stumptown Coffee or Portland Roasting. Good coffee doesn't need anything else.

Edited by pmdacey

My answer used to be coffee, coffee and more coffee.  I drank a lot of coffee, especially because I DO NOT like mornings.  Within the last year I switched to Spark.  It's a vitamin and amino acid energy drink that has a little less caffeine than coffee.  It gives me a boost in the mornings and helps keep me focused all morning. Plus I only have to drink one instead of 4 cups of coffee. I still will have coffee every once in a while because it's delicious, but I don't NEED it anymore.

Black tea of some kind or another. Ceylon's good, Earl Grey is better. I brew it strong, with just a drop of milk and no sugar. If it's too hot for tea, I make a really tasty unsweetened iced tea from Darjeeling, with lemon. I never have coffee in the morning as it makes my tummy weird, though I sometimes drink it in the afternoons or even in the evening. Doesn't hurt my sleep one bit, oddly enough. I try to make sure my tea and coffee is fair trade, if I can.

Tea or coffee -- I drink both. If I can get it, I like my coffee as a cappuccino, which is, after all, a traditional breakfast coffee.

A friend of a friend tried to order a cappuccino after dinner at a restaurant in Italy, and the waiter flat out refused to serve her one because it's a breakfast drink. :P

Edited by Thorn Wilde

Some water first thing, then breakfast which might include some orange juice.  When I'm done eating I have ice cold milk.  I hate coffee, and I don't like tea much either.  Alcohol?  In my mind that's not even a beverage, it's a solvent and a sanitizer.  The smell of it is nauseating.  I think drinking gas would be about the same.

Coffee. From a quality roaster of specialty coffee. Intelligentsia is awesome. So is Stumptown. We have a great local roaster too, called Cultivar, in East Dallas. Fresh-ground with a burr grinder. Black, and brewed with a Hario V-60 or an Aeropress.

Edited by Adam Phillips

Coffee. From a quality roaster of specialty coffee. Intelligentsia is awesome. So is Stumptown. We have a great local roaster too, called Cultivar, in East Dallas. Fresh-ground with a burr grinder. Black, and brewed with a Hario V-60 or an Aeropress.

Snob!

Just kidding.  It is your birthday, after all.  Have a great one!

Edited by MikeL