I don't think I'd want to see Jonah with Ren or Sandro or anyone for that matter. Sometimes you need to break the cycle, quash all the mental masturbation, and just move on to a healthier place. And it seems like maybe Jonah is starting to do that. That said, I'm not feeling like Jonah is ready for a dog either. He decided to keep that puppy and gave it a name before it had even licked his face or taken the time to see any of the others that were available. If the dog is any kind of metaphor for things to come, Jonah still has a long way to go. I don't think he should have tossed those shoes over the line. He's just going to need a new pair. I'm looking forward to the epilogue and glad to know there is one coming because at this point, Jonah still seems a bit unresolved. This story has so many interesting elements. Can't wait to see how you tuck it in for the night.

• Like 2

Jane Austen on the main character in [/size]Emma--"I am going to take a heroine whom no one but myself will much like"[/size]

That's true. I forgot she said that.

Now you have me thinking about Jane Austen, and Jane Austen's heros (hello Mr Darcy) which has me thinking of BBC mini-series and my favorite "not immediately likeable" heros, which immediately brings to mind Richard Armitage in North & South...and that voice..AND I am WAY off topic.

Long story short...yea she said that...

• Like 1

Well...I asked. I just sent the epilogue to Cole.

I can give my input safely, then.

If the epilogue is two or three years later, then maybe Jonah's love for Sandro has faded away enough, and more importantly Sandro may now be happy with someone else.

Then MAYBE it will be OK for Jonah to meet Ren and realize he can forgive him after all and give him another chance. But for this to happen I think Jonah needs to feel more confident and independent. He has to rebuild his self-esteem after it got destroyed by Eric and Ren (separately and together), and by the guilt over hurting Ren and Sandro. I hope his friends will help Jonah do this, and maybe being successful with his job and other things.

Or maybe Jonah can see Ren and regret what could have been, but know he has truly moved on. Actually, that they both have gotten over their tragic love affair and are free to love someone else. Somehow I fear this is the most logical conclusion. :(

PS Oh and I still disagree completely with Irri, LitLover and Gary about the Ren disaster being Jonah's fault. So I'll maintain it's more a question of whether Ren deserves another chance.  f_run.gif  away and hides.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2

PS Oh and I still disagree completely with Irri, LitLover and Gary about the Ren disaster being Jonah's fault.

LOL yes, yes, no one could possibly accuse you of thinking anything else :lol:

Edit: I will, however, point out *with the utmost gentleness* that having not been at fault in that matter, Jonah should feel like Ren is no loss if/when he sees him with someone else, right? what are the odds of that? Hmm?  ;)

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 4

Edit: I will, however, point out *with the utmost gentleness* that having not been at fault in that matter, Jonah should feel like Ren is no loss if/when he sees him with someone else, right? what are the odds of that? Hmm?  ;)

And let's not forget , sporting an awesome and sexy dragon tattoo. ;)

And what a relief it will be to Jonah to know that that vile emotional Ren has moved on to hurting someone else  0:)

Jonah is much too nice to wish for someone else to be hurt by Ren. He is more likely to feel relieved and happy for Ren's sake, even if he himself still loves him. But hopefully both of them will have moved on.

However, from personal experience I can tell you, it can take up to ten years before you are truly able to forgive and forget. Particularly if you say no to someone else for that person's sake and later regret it.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

Just  stating very nicely the fact that Jonah  thinks Sandro and Ren are better off without him. (Like you :P ) That doesn't mean it won't hurt him seeing them with someone else. :)

Just  stating very nicely the fact that Jonah  thinks Sandro and Ren are better off without him. (Like you :P ) That doesn't mean it won't hurt him seeing them with someone else. :)

LOL talk to Timmy, not to me. He's the one who thinks Jonah's better off without Ren.

I don't actually think that Ren is better off without him, as fiercely bonded as he is. I'm all for forgive-and-forget in this case.

• Like 2

LOL talk to Timmy, not to me. He's the one who thinks Jonah's better off without Ren.

I don't actually think that Ren is better off without him, as fiercely bonded as he is. I'm all for forgive-and-forget in this case.

I don't actually think Ren and Jonah are better off apart either, but nothing I have hoped for them, since that moment in the restaurant, has come to pass. In fact, it kept getting worse, to the point that I really didn't like Jonah much anymore, but Ren is, as Irri said, deeply bonded....so planning an awesome Japanese dragon tattoo as Ren's symbolic way of moving on gives me some comfort that, if they do end up apart, Ren might some day be able to find some peace and not be forever haunted by that dove.

I don't actually think Ren and Jonah are better off apart either, but nothing I have hoped for them, since that moment in the restaurant, has come to pass

Yup.

So even suppose they got back together--their breakup sucked from my point of view, so why would their reunion be any better? maybe Jonah would start every day by reminding Ren of his misdeeds and how he needs to make them up to him..For the rest of their lives. Better at this point not to have a preference for a given outcome, I think.

Edited by Irritable1

Irri, what in the world are you doing up so early?

Their breakup did suck. A lot. I've learned not to hope for a certain outcome in this story because Jonah is like one of those crazy tiny rubber "wacky" balls that kids play with, you never know which direction he's going to go, and it's never been where I wanted him to be.

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 2

I certainly don't think Jonah is better off without Ren !

and I cannot believe you think so badly of Jonah ! Saying he would keep reminding Ren of his mistake on purpose.

When Jonah forgives someone, he seems to do it wholeheartedy. Think of how he accepted Eric as a friend after he came back from his first run. If he cannot forgive someone, he says it up front. So if he did forgive Ren and got together with him again, it would be real and the matter of the cafe would be over.

• Like 3

I certainly don't think Jonah is better off without Ren !

No? Didn't you say it's a question of Ren deserving to be given a second chance? That sounds like he's not really worth that much. Did I misunderstand you?

and I cannot believe you think so badly of Jonah ! Saying he would keep reminding Ren of his mistake on purpose.

Well, it seems unlikely to me, but really I don't understand Jonah, not at all. Not one thing he's done has been what I would do, except maybe the initial fleeing from the restaurant. So how do I know what he might or might not do in the future?

• Like 1

No? Didn't you say it's a question of Ren deserving to be given a second chance? That sounds like he's not really worth that much. Did I misunderstand you?

Well, it seems unlikely to me, but really I don't understand Jonah, not at all. Not one thing he's done has been what I would do, except maybe the initial fleeing from the restaurant. So how do I know what he might or might not do in the future?

I also have zero frame of reference when it comes to most of the decisions that Jonah made.

If Ren wasn't worth it, I wouldn't even be talking of a second chance. I accept Jonah feeling that Ren's hurtful words in the cafe were unforgivable, but I still wish it wasn't so.

• Like 2

If Ren wasn't worth it, I wouldn't even be talking of a second chance. I accept Jonah feeling that Ren's hurtful words in the cafe were unforgivable, but I still wish it wasn't so.

Hm. Maybe our discussion has been too polarizing because I'm quite surprised to learn you feel this way. Anyhow, I guess we wait now... I don't feel especially certain at this point that I'll understand how things turn out.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2