And YES, I did expect Jonah to talk to Ren at some point...before moving on to a new relationship at the very least.  He could have gone to Italy...taken time to calm himself..maybe even become friends with Sandro...do what sensible Matteo said...and then, if he wanted a relationship with Sandro, go back..deal with Ren, get those feelings out in the open and dealt with.  Yell at Ren, whatever...then and only then should he have started things with Sandro.  Doing anything else was not fair to Sandro (or any new guy for that matter), to Ren or even to Jonah.  (Just look at the mess they are in now.  Sandro is in tears, Ren is broken and Jonah is lamenting.)  

And if he is quirky, irrational, impulsive Jonah, why would this have suddenly changed being with Sandro?  

Matteo's definition of space and time is a bit dodgy, if Rick dragging Sandro into the mess first thing is any indication.

and again you ignore the fact any talking with Ren was pointless after the cafe scene. Ren closed that door, not Jonah.

But let's just agree to disagree. None of us are able to convince each other.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 1

and again you ignore the fact any talking with Ren was pointless after the cafe scene. Ren closed that door, not Jonah.

But let's just agree to disagree. None of us are able to convince each other.

It wasn't pointless though.  If things played out as they have so far, Jonah runs, Michael talks to Ren, Ren explains, Michael and Chris come to tell Jonah...except lets say Jonah did NOT sleep with Sandro and they were just friends..this horrific mess does not happen.  Jonah still clearly loves Ren.  He never stopped...he made this mess by not dealing with his feelings for Ren before dragging Sandro into this and making a bad situation even worse.  

And yea, we are never going to agree on this.  So: Agree to Disagree.  

Edited by LitLover

Under my current cloud of flu medication I can't promise much more.  ;) 

That sounds fine to me, Lit. Let us just remember that we are here to read and critique a work of fiction in progress  0:)  Not to slap-fight, sit in judgement on fictional characters, or engage in recriminations with our friends.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 3

So....positives:

• Jonah finally talked to Ren
  • Jonah went alone to talk to Ren, although he would have brought Sandro if he had the choice...that was pretty of cold of him
  • Ren got to apologize and tell Jonah he still loves him
  • Jonah apologized for his part in the mess

Negatives:

• Creepy hair bracelet, but it is sad and sweet in its own way.  I just don't get why Michael would tell Ren he had the braid or why he took it in the first place.  Damn, Ren really needs to be able to move on...
  • Someone's heart is going to be broken regardless of what Jonah finally decides to do. 
  • Ren was torn apart seeing Jonah with Sandro and left in tears...he did/still does have hope...his poor heart must have taken a real beating in the last few months
  • I can't stop looking at dragon tattoos

And as a side note "The only thing he asked of me was not to sleep with Ren if I decided to go back to him, but come back to Sicily and talk to him first."   My first reaction?...gasping in laughter...damn flu meds

EDIT: “There were days I even doubted Chris and later Michael, because there was that voice in me that said you wouldn’t hurt me on purpose. That’s why I needed to talk to you in person. I wanted you to tell me right to my face, no more running away. Obviously that voice was wrong.”   He started sleeping with Sandro anyways...well before he made any noise about going back to talk to Ren, even with those alleged doubts in his head?  

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 1

Someone explain to me why Chris or Michael would've lied about what Ren said in order to protect Jonah? I don't get that twist...

Guys I'm trying to think of something civilized to say about the bracelets, and I just... can't!  :o 

Ok, on to next week...

• Like 1

Someone explain to me why Chris or Michael would've lied about what Ren said in order to protect Jonah? I don't get that twist...

Guys I'm trying to think of something civilized to say about the bracelets, and I just... can't!  :o 

Ok, on to next week...

Hair bracelets are definitely creepy....I think they broke Ren

Yea....on to next week.

• Like 1

Hair bracelets are definitely creepy....I think they broke Ren

You know what it is, it's totally Ren, so no worries there. But WTF, Michael? I mean...  do I ask my friend if I can have her nail clippings and then fashion them into self-destructive jewelry for her ex? No. No, I don't. 

Deep breath. Civilized. Calm and civilized. Ok. I'm done. No more.

• Like 2

You know what it is, it's totally Ren, so no worries there. But WTF, Michael? I mean...  do I ask my friend if I can have her nail clippings and then fashion them into self-destructive jewelry for her ex? No. No, I don't. 

I love the bracelets... I don`t find it creepy at all... Ren is suffering greatly and having a part of Jonah helps...I really get that from the guy with the tattoo that ties him to Jonah forever.

• Like 1

I love the bracelets... I don`t find it creepy at all... Ren is suffering greatly and having a part of Jonah helps...I really get that from the guy with the tattoo that ties him to Jonah forever.

Ok...it can help him get past Jonah.  The bracelets need to break quickly though.  He has been pining and suffering since Jonah left...Jonah hasn't.  I want Ren to get past this and mend his heart.  (that's still positive right?? :huh: ) 

Ok...it can help him get past Jonah.  The bracelets need to break quickly though.  He has been pining and suffering since Jonah left...Jonah hasn't.  I want Ren to get past this and mend his heart.  (that's still positive right?? :huh: ) 

LOL...you know what... I think Jonah will choose Ren. Not sure why I think that, but I do. I know I would never let him go...

• Like 5

“There were days I even doubted Chris and later Michael, because there was that voice in me that said you wouldn’t hurt me on purpose. That’s why I needed to talk to you in person. I wanted you to tell me right to my face, no more running away. Obviously that voice was wrong.”   He started sleeping with Sandro anyways...well before he made any noise about going back to talk to Ren, even with those alleged doubts in his head?  

and of course that small part where Jonah admits to having a futile, irrational hope that the cafe scene was a nightmare and not the truth is a lot more significant than Ren saying:

With that one irrational, egotistical act, I forfeited any chance for reconciliation I might have had. I know there is no excuse for what I did, nor is there an explanation.

Agreeing to Chris talking with me was your olive branch. If I had explained everything to Chris that day… Oh my God, you don’t know how many times I yelled these words to my own face. But I didn't take this chance. Instead, I spewed out hurtful bullshit.

and several other similar admissions of Ren being at fault.

:rolleyes:   :no:    :X

• Like 1

and of course that small part where Jonah admits to having a futile, irrational hope that the cafe scene was a nightmare and not the truth is a lot more significant than Ren saying:

With that one irrational, egotistical act, I forfeited any chance for reconciliation I might have had. I know there is no excuse for what I did, nor is there an explanation.

Agreeing to Chris talking with me was your olive branch. If I had explained everything to Chris that day… Oh my God, you don’t know how many times I yelled these words to my own face. But I didn't take this chance. Instead, I spewed out hurtful bullshit.

and several other similar admissions of Ren being at fault.

:rolleyes::no::X

I never said that...just that reading that passage, I thought he was already with Sandro by that point...not criticizing, I just wasn't sure why he said it.

Edit: and yea we all know Ren did something stupid and hurtful. I'm happy he finally got a chance to apologize.

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 1
 I just don't get why Michael would tell Ren he had the braid or why he took it in the first place.  Damn, Ren really needs to be able to move on...
  • Someone's heart is going to be broken regardless of what Jonah finally decides to do. 

Let's imagine the following dialog:

Ren: So, you saw him?

Michael: Yes.

Ren: But you still don't want to tell me where he is.

Michael: Ren, you know I can't do that.

Ren: Yes, yes I know.  How does he look? Is he okay?

Michael: He cut his hair.

Ren: What?

Michael: Ren, sorry man. Maybe I shouldn't have told you that, but when you asked how he looks...

Ren: He cut his hair.

Michael: Yes. I have his braid. I don't know why I took it, but somehow I didn't want him to throw it away.

Ren: Can you show me.

This is one way it could have happened.

And yes, someone's heart is going to be broken.

Do I  judge my friend's wishes or do I make the jewelery for them despite what I think of it?

Maybe this helps: Lock of hair Couldn't find something about nail clippings with the same meaning. :P

Ok, on to next week...

Chris sees Ren cheating on Jonah, and is afraid Jonah will accept some b.s. excuse from Ren, so he makes something up in the hope Jonah runs away?

To all of you: Thank you for reading and commenting on RRS. I know it's hard to stay calm sometimes. Seeing how you suffer vicariously with my characters makes me proud. Is it bad when I say I love every minute of it? Two more chapters to go. Last chapter next week and the epilogue on Valentine's Day.

• Like 3

"I won't tell you where your partner is. But here's his hair."

Europeans. Who can understand them?  :rolleyes:

Edit: and you do realize that this scenario is only one ransom note short of something they could call Interpol about? 

Edit2: on the bright side, Ren totally seems to relish the bracelets, so maybe he and Michael are really meant for each other. They certainly appear to be on the same insane wavelength.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 2

Ren: So, you saw him?

Michael: Yes.

Ren: But you still don't want to tell me where he is.

Michael: Ren, you know I can't do that.

Ren: Yes, yes I know.  How does he look? Is he okay?

Michael: He cut his hair.

Ren: What?

Michael: Ren, sorry man. Maybe I shouldn't have told you that, but when you asked how he looks...

Ren: He cut his hair.

Michael: Yes. I have his braid. I don't know why I took it, but somehow I didn't want him to throw it away.

Ren: Can you show me.

This is one way it could have happened.

Yea, but Ren was surprised by the short hair at the gallery in Milan??? After this convo would have happened?? Oh you know what...doesn't matter.

nobody said anything about him being surprised about the hair in Milan.

Ren said it again ('You cut your hair.') at the café, because it's so important to him. He always loved Jonah's hair.

"I won't tell you where your partner is. But here's his hair."

Europeans. Who can understand them?  :rolleyes:

Edit: and you do realize that this scenario is only one ransom note short of something they could call Interpol about? 

Edit2: on the bright side, Ren totally seems to relish the bracelets, so maybe he and Michael are really meant for each other. They certainly appear to be on the same insane wavelength.

:huh:

Edited by aditus
  • Like 2

:huh:

Cough. A rich businessman's son's partner disappears, vanishes, no one will say where he's gone... and a body part (albeit an unnecessary one) is returned to the rich son? And the partner is in a secret location in Sicily?

Edit: wait I didn't use the right wording. BEING HELD at a secret location, that's it.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 3