Jay & Miles by ColumbusGuy

OH--POV for this first part is our favorite farm boy, Jay.

It'll be nice to hear from Jay again :)

I agree with Gary..don't write to fit the title..come up with a title to match what you wrote

Hmm, Jay seems to be popular. :)  Maybe star billing does that?  Got more great comments from Nifty readers, several have seen it there, and followed the link back to here and caught up with me already. What pressure! Two people guessed the location of the story, they lived in the area and had it from the clues given, and one said that is what drew him in, but he stayed because it's a great story. :blush:

In the last hour, I've gotten up to 700 words, so it must be working using Jay...and it doesn't hurt that he's just ruminating. I'm not consciously aiming for 'Answers' as the title, but we'll see what happens before it's over.

• Like 1

Chapter 29 is at 2600 words...moving right along.

Looking forward to it... just not today. I haven't even started my next chapter... the last two days have been difficult. Happy writing, Buddy!

• Like 1

3000 now, and no fear of it coming your way today, probably not tomorrow either, but I won't swear to that.

Finally at the point of new ground being covered. POV has been Jay's to this point, should it stay that way for the 'secret', or switch to Mikey?

3000 now, and no fear of it coming your way today, probably not tomorrow either, but I won't swear to that.

Finally at the point of new ground being covered. POV has been Jay's to this point, should it stay that way for the 'secret', or switch to Mikey?

My gut says a switch to Mikey... but I'm exhausted so I could be wrong, Buddy... go with your instinct :rolleyes:

• Like 1

When you think of the surprise are do you see it through the person giving the gift or the person who is receiving the gift? Why does that sound like a euphemism? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3500 words, and I cannot  start thinking about switching the POV in the first part. :)  Somehow, I guess part two has to work as Mikey.

I'm not sure if we'll get to the study group, or whether Greg and Denny 'come out' to the boys as a couple. :)

• Like 1

Sorry about the spelling mistake in my review, CG. Busyed was supposed to be Busted.

I can't wait to find out what the surprise is and why Jay had to get all dressed up for it. Is he getting his photo taken or something?

• Like 1

3500 words, and I cannot  start thinking about switching the POV in the first part. :)  Somehow, I guess part two has to work as Mikey.

I'm not sure if we'll get to the study group, or whether Greg and Denny 'come out' to the boys as a couple. :)

I think the boys should be coming out as a couple... that would be a hard thing to keep in... and to hide... even if you end with it :boy: Of course there's always the next chapter...

Just sent Chapter 29 to Gary, all 8,000 words of it. I don't know what to say, it has me more uneasy than any other I've written. The title isn't even set in stone.

I'll post it as soon as I fix the things Gary is sure to find wanting.

• Like 1

Just sent Chapter 29 to Gary, all 8,000 words of it. I don't know what to say, it has me more uneasy than any other I've written. The title isn't even set in stone.

I'm sure it will be great as usual CG

• Like 1

Okay, it just showed up now... had to refresh twice, but it's here and I'm on it...

Gary sent it back on One Drive-scared me because that had to mean there were a lot of fixes...that's what I get for sending it all in one go rather than piecemeal like I'd been doing. :)

It's fixed, like a naughty dog, and posted for everybody to read.