Hmmm. Going to need to think about this, because *cough* what I thought about when waking was actually not what I expected it to be when you told me about the assignment, AC.

Edit: There's the classic morning haiku that goes 

"no no no no no...." etc.

Edited by Irritable1
  • Like 3

Ha! This will take me a while but I accept the challenge! I'm so not a morning person...

Haha, no one said you had to have 'nice' morning thoughts! Thanks for taking this task on, and i can't wait to see the results. 

• Like 3

The limerick's callous and crude,

It's morals distressingly lewd.

It's not worth the reading

By persons of breeding;

It's designed for us vulgar and rude!

Wow, a limerick! Was this really part of the first emotions you had waking up this morning? If so, you are a very, very literary type person. ;) I love it!  

• Like 3

Hmmm. Going to need to think about this, because *cough* what I thought about when waking was actually not what I expected it to be when you told me about the assignment, AC.

Edit: There's the classic morning haiku that goes 

"no no no no no...." etc.

Oh my, the mind does wonder...a x-rated set of lyrics from Irri..? I for one, will encourage you to share your full. You're among safe company. 

• Like 4

First Light

Too early, and still it is not,

my eyes stay firmly closed.

The warmth's waging war with the cold,

I don't want to hear -but-

A white cup beckons me over,

it's smell ambrosial.

That's cheating my dear, I tell you,

one kiss and time to go.

• Like 5

Two Trains of Morning Thought

Snowshoe paws land upon my chest

Morning's hard awakening
Go away, Cat; it's the weekend
Pussy purring patiently 

Waterdog Trail Loop calls my name
Stretch limbs for pounding ride
Bike's been sitting on the trainer
But pumped and lubed, I'll glide

I love both of them, but in the second one I think you'll see the 8-6 rhythm 'sounds' better when read. Try it out loud and I think you'll see what I mean.  I think with just a little adjustment, the 7 syllable lines from the first stanza can be adjusted down to 6. (If you want some suggestions, I have a couple ;)

The cat one is a great image! I can just see the expression on the face, and feel the purring on my chest. Well done

• Like 2

First Light

Too early, and still it is not,

my eyes stay firmly closed.

The warmth's waging war with the cold,

I don't want to hear -but-

A white cup beckons me over,

it's smell ambrosial.

That's cheating my dear, I tell you,

one kiss and time to go.

I think everyone can relate. There's something magical about the connection (or flow...) of the first and second stanzas. It's almost as if a feeling of sleepiness is slowly being shaken off by the senses - perception of the cold, sound, smell and then taste - but the final sense is the lingering brevity of the kiss. I love that!     

• Like 4

Oh my, the mind does wonder...a x-rated set of lyrics from Irri..? I for one, will encourage you to share your full. You're among safe company. 

Hee. I didn't think about it originally, but on a site with so many men, for a morning theme, I would expect a certain... directional alignment in the responses. ;)

Ok, I'll take my dirty self off and write something.

• Like 2

I felt inspired. Unfortunately, inspiration doesn't strike in the morning for me and so it wasn't until later in the day that I was provoked.

Here is the result: Lines and Squiggles Resembling Poetry - Chapter 3

I both liked and liked all of the poetry responses that I have read. Please forgive my lack of actual input. Others have already said better than I feel that I could offer you.

• Like 3

I felt inspired. Unfortunately, inspiration doesn't strike in the morning for me and so it wasn't until later in the day that I was provoked.

Here is the result: Lines and Squiggles Resembling Poetry - Chapter 3

I both liked and liked all of the poetry responses that I have read. Please forgive my lack of actual input. Others have already said better than I feel that I could offer you.

Thank you, Ron, for playing along! I left you a review on actual posting :)

• Like 1

If you'd like to see the Bright flame of my Lyric 8-6-8-6 poem, have a look in the gallery or hit the link. I suppose I should have posted it earlier, before AC thought that it was the sun. :( Sorry about that, AC, I hope seeing the setting gives a better sense to the poem now. ;)

• Like 1