Guest timtheslut
I'd put that bumpersticker on my car.

Kitty

i'll take 3 dozen--there will be one on every tractor and pickup truck within 3 miles of me within hours of receiving them.

and if i ever see another one driving down the road, what a conversation starter that would be :great:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction is that after the moving, tear-filled bedside scene between Rory and Eddie, Luke will decide that seeing Rory and Seth together is too much for him to take. So he signs up for an overseas exchange program and goes to spend his senior year studying in England. One lonely night, as he's walking to the local chippy to get dinner, he accidentally bumps into a stunningly beautiful boy ... let's just call him "Ben," for now. It's love at first sight, and Luke decides to stay in England, doing odd jobs, while "Ben" finishes at university. "Ben"'s love for Luke is confirmed when Luke beats up a strange man (who we'll just call "Vic") who keeps trying to sell "Ben" into prostitution. Finally, Luke and "Ben" take advantage of the Civil Union Act, and live happily ever after (even though Luke occasionally wishes "Ben" was more versatile in bed).

THE END

:music:

My prediction is that after the moving, tear-filled bedside scene between Rory and Eddie, Luke will decide that seeing Rory and Seth together is too much for him to take. So he signs up for an overseas exchange program and goes to spend his senior year studying in England. One lonely night, as he's walking to the local chippy to get dinner, he accidentally bumps into a stunningly beautiful boy ... let's just call him "Ben," for now. It's love at first sight, and Luke decides to stay in England, doing odd jobs, while "Ben" finishes at university. "Ben"'s love for Luke is confirmed when Luke beats up a strange man (who we'll just call "Vic") who keeps trying to sell "Ben" into prostitution. Finally, Luke and "Ben" take advantage of the Civil Union Act, and live happily ever after (even though Luke occasionally wishes "Ben" was more versatile in bed).

THE END

HAHA This is a great one.... only one issue... I see another character causing problems for Luke, for now let's call him "Seb" :P

Personally i'll be very disappointed if this story ends in some sort of cliche. Eddie had an accident. Note that Lukes message didnt mention a hospital or injuries. Maybe this accident will cause Rory to realise that he loves Eddie but I personally would be disappointed with some sort of 'Eddie in a coma with Rory crying at his bedside' scene. It's been done many times before and Dom is better than that.

Hey, if Dom did have it end like that, I'm sure he'd make it totally original and off the hook. :worship:

OK, here's what's going to happen:

Rory is unable to get through to Luke on the cellphone, so he asks Seth to drive him to the hospital. Luke and Jase are also rushing to the hospital in separate cars. They're all so distraught that they aren't paying attention and crash into each other in the hospital parking lot. Aaron, who has finally admitted he has a problem and is leaving the hospital after a therapy session, happens to be walking on the sidewalk at the time and gets run over when the three cars collide. They all end up in intensive care, where they are checked on daily by Eddie, who had sprained his ankle tripping over Cheyenne's food dish in the kitchen upon his return from the airport.

It turns out that the caterer supplying the airline got a bad batch of peanuts, and the entire flight crew as well as passengers of the plane carrying Grandma Alice develop food poisoning. Since Grandma Alice decided to munch on trail mix instead, it is left to her to land the airplane. She appears on Oprah to talk about her feat of heroism, and her life story is made into a TV movie, starring Dolly Parton.

Kitty

Sounds like someone got into the same bad batch of Grits that *CoughNicholasJames8Cough* has been eating :lol::P

DOM LUKA FOR PRESIDENT!!!! :wub::worship::wub::worship:

:o Oh no!

After the Shrub, he would certianly win and not have any time to write.

You get elected Dom and you can select me as Minister of Knee-capping A-holes- a small but very necessary post. Fuggitaboutit. :mace:

Arg this cliffhanger has got to be the worst one of all. I don't want Eddie to die. Imagine what life would be like if Poor Rory lost both of his parents.

If Rory never got that call about Eddie I can imagine Seth running through the airport to find Rory and once they spot each other they start running to each other and then Rory wraps his arms around Seth and they have a long passionate kiss like in the movies lol.

Anyway I'm new to the forums, i've been a reader for months though. This is my 1st post yay!

I had been thinking that DD was sort of losing steam, and as I was reading Ch 35, I was happy that it was going to end on such a good note, one last final oomph ... and then it didn't ... it's still going ... and I have no idea where it's heading now ... **sigh**

Just like that bunny!

Seriously though, here's my reason: It would've made more more chapters. As I see it, it can still be wrapped up in 2-3 chapters. If he went to Nevada, there'd be at least 3 chapters in it before he realises he need to go back to Arizona when eddie drives over **EDIT** a cliff, plus a chapter on his return.

Yep we coulda done the whole Nevada thing and still ended up right were we are now. :P:boy:

Provided that Dom doesn’t kill off Eddie and go for the tragic ending, this feels like the story’s climax..

Isn't that LittleBuddha's line? :blink:

:P:boy: j/k! LOL I have to be nice or he won't let me find out how his cliffhanger at the end of SOOTB 4 turned out! :boy::hug:

And call me crazy, but Aaron Keslin was a force in this story for over twenty chapters. I have a feeling that the easy way that he and Rory parted is going to blow up in Rory’s face before this thing is over.

I agree Ann, I think Aaron's bound to make a return appearance

PS Since no-one's properly bashed Alice, while it was a great speech, she could have made the same speech at any time since she arrived in Arizona. There was no need to put 5 people through misery by waiting until Rory was on the plane.

I disagree. As Xandra pointed out she probably didn't fully know the situation until she'd been there a little while. But furthermore, and just as importantly, her speech wouldn't have worked at any other time than on the plane. EVERYONE was trying to give Rory a similar speech. He just wasn't going to be responsive to it until the ramifications of his decision were right there in his face. Not until he'd already made himself sick and could honestly answer "no" to the question of whether or not he wanted to be on that plane at that moment.

OK, here's what's going to happen:

LOL Kitty!

As for me i believe that Lukes phone call about Eddies "accident" is really nothing. Because you could take those words and place them in a number of sentences... plus the line was full of static.

I'd been thinking something along those lines myself, though not seriously, just humourously. LOL I mean wouldn't it be a laugh if Luke's call said:

"Chey had another accident. Oh and Eddie's hurt that you left.

OR simply something to the effect of:

"There's been an accident, but don't worry Eddie's not hurt."

A third possibility is that it's an evil ploy by Luke to try to make Rory rush back.

But I don't really believe any of that, I think there was an accident.

3) Seth has to tell Rory that he loves him... just like all of the rest of Dom's stories... there is that moment when the protag's bf tells him that he loves him for the first time... so yeah... that has to happen.

Where was that in TOU?? I was waiting for a moment like that myself and I'm pretty sure I missed it if Jude ever told Quinn he loved him (or visa-versa).

Anyway I'm new to the forums, i've been a reader for months though. This is my 1st post yay!

Welcome Peace!! :2thumbs::D Hope to see more of you in the future :)

So many people seem to be a little miffed about the way this chapter ended, but here's what I think:

First of all, as many people pointed out, the "stay or go" thing was only one of many issues. I really do think there's a little stuff left for Eddie and Rory to work out. There's several other loose-ends too, like Aaron, Jason & Nathan, Still seems like more w/ Seth and Rory, and a whole lotta Luke stuff. I agree that could have been wrapped up easily in some sort of epilogue, but I'm glad if even a little of it is touched on within the story itself instead.

Secondly as someone (I believe Kitty or Ann) pointed out many chapters ago, if TLW and TOU are like movies; DD is like a soap opera.

I also think it's ashame how all of us (myself included) have been trying to shove DD into its grave so to speak. Let's just sit back and enjoy the show and let it end when it ends.

Also I got/am getting a kick out of Tim and Green's little antics :lmao::lol:

Have an awesome day everyone and take care :)

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

omg...

I know the chapter came out like.. 2 days ago.. but i didn't wanna read it.. I thought it would be over... but it's not!... and oh my god.. am i grateful.

That was the best freakin chapter ever!!!

but omg.. the cliff hanger is killing me!!! I hope Eddie's ok :(

OOPS! I should have written Luke and Aaron! :blink: Sorry! Must have been too early in the morning when I posted. :( It is just that I have never boutght the Dave Luke thing. And something has to be done about Aaron

Gearoid

Luke Aaron isn't much more likely... cm'on, you know that Luke won't do that in a million years. Noone would let him even if he wanted to.

I'm too lazy to check so I'll ask... when did this chapter get posted? I realized that I haven't check GA in almost a half a week, do I was pleasantly surprised to see 35, and now I will hate Dom Luka for all eternity (or until 36 pops up and says Eddie is alright).

And damn it Rory! YOU WERE GOING TO GET A BRAND NEW CAR, BUT YOU TOOK THE OLD GAS GUZZLING MONSTRICITY INSTEAD!!! He'd better lift that sucker and go muddin' in it... hell maybe take Seth out back through the desert, fold down the rear seats and make the back a mattress for certain... we'll call them "activities" :devil:

Where was that in TOU?? I was waiting for a moment like that myself and I'm pretty sure I missed it if Jude ever told Quinn he loved him (or visa-versa).

Welcome Peace!! :2thumbs::D Hope to see more of you in the future :)

Kevin

yes I was going to raise the same point. I was really disappointed when it didn't happen but I guess it didn't fit in with the point that Dom was trying to make.

Wynter

Oh my damn.. that was like the best chapter ever. Seriously, the whole time I was sad, but I was getting a sense of closure, and I loved it. When Seth actually fought for Rory, I was happy. I was satisfied, I thought this was the last chapter, and I woulda been fine with it. Did not see the cliffhanger coming. I think I was more surprised that there was a cliffhanger, I was almost positive this was the last chapter while reading it.

And damn it Rory! YOU WERE GOING TO GET A BRAND NEW CAR, BUT YOU TOOK THE OLD GAS GUZZLING MONSTRICITY INSTEAD!!! He'd better lift that sucker and go muddin' in it... hell maybe take Seth out back through the desert, fold down the rear seats and make the back a mattress for certain... we'll call them "activities" :devil:

rory was very smart in choosing the burb--definitely lift it so he can go mudding and rock-crawling in the desert. And yea, theres plenty of room for a large air mattress in the back of a burb 0:) for any ah yeah "actvities" :devil::devil:

rory was very smart in choosing the burb--definitely lift it so he can go mudding and rock-crawling in the desert.

Just don't lift it too much! A friend of mine did that, and kind of forgot about the higher center of gravity. Over it went... I'm thinking of going for hydraulics in mine, to avoid that problem.

Just don't lift it too much! A friend of mine did that, and kind of forgot about the higher center of gravity. Over it went... I'm thinking of going for hydraulics in mine, to avoid that problem.

the burbs still fare better than a lifted s-10 or s-10 blazer--those things'll flip on a cloverleaf!! 0:)

I still prefer a pick-up though, simply because you need a place to put the gun rack, and the back window of the cab is the only spot for that.

OOPS! I should have written Luke and Aaron! :blink: Sorry! Must have been too early in the morning when I posted. :( It is just that I have never boutght the Dave Luke thing. And something has to be done about Aaron

Gearoid

That might happen, provided that Aaron surrenders to the police and admits having been involved in the car theft. Learning that Rory is going to stay and Seth will be unobtainable for him in the near future, Aaron could come to the conclusion that turning himself in might suit himself best. But I've nearly lost hope that there's much more in him than charming selfishness.

the burbs still fare better than a lifted s-10 or s-10 blazer--those things'll flip on a cloverleaf!! 0:)

I still prefer a pick-up though, simply because you need a place to put the gun rack, and the back window of the cab is the only spot for that.

If you ever want to see something truly funny, try watching a super-raised pickup (with the giant tires) try and negotiate a plain old jeep trail. ROFL!

But, I hope Rory does get the 'burb. AZ has some of the best rock-crawling around. Heck, in a lot of places you need to do it to get where you are going.

I dont understand why people think Aaron ought to turn himself in. Obviously, he got away with something bad(supposedly) and Luke took the blame, but he's already paying a price for his crimes. It's Luke who's not having to pay for his crimes. He broke into homes, he stole two cars, one that he drives to this day. If anything, Aarons the one who's had to pay and luke's the one who got away with everything.