So there I was sitting at the computer, IPod blaring out REM while I'm writing Do Over Redux Chapter 37, a sweet little scene, really, and Robert walks out of the bedroom where he had been reading Chapter 35 of DD. He gets my attention, I take the speaker bud out of my ear, and he looks at me seriously before saying "Dom was never this evil before he started writing with you."

I've got a big smile on my face because I know Dom always was this evil to begin with...he's an author...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Steps into a shark cage, carefully bolts door*

Am I the only one who wanted Rory to stay on the plane?

*Closes eyes, sings Rule, Brittania and hopes for the best*

Seriously though, here's my reason: It would've made more more chapters. As I see it, it can still be wrapped up in 2-3 chapters. If he went to Nevada, there'd be at least 3 chapters in it before he realises he need to go back to Arizona when eddie drives over, plus a chapter on his return.

We're all being very unselfish and being glad for Rory, but I say, stuff Rory! I need my fix!

Dan, if you stop DOR within a week of the end of DD, I'm going to need a new addiction, and unless the next Carter book starts soon, i'll be a mess.

*Hopes it's safe to come out of cage*

If it meant more chapters, Rory staying on the plane, hanging with his friends for half a day and then calling Eddie for a plane ticket home would have been great...as it is...I'll trust Dom to take us for an enjoyable ride...

As for DOR ending...let's see...unlike Dom I'll tell you the number of chapters when I get close enough...and it's 40. Chapter 34 gets posted tomorrow. I just finished writing Chapter 37. I might get started on 38 this weekend, but with my busy plans, it'll likely be next week sometime before I start typing again.

I most likely will only post these chapters once per week from here on out...just to make sure I don't want to change anything at the last minute...so you have six more weeks of new chapters...

Now, having said all that, do we think it's enough to bribe Dom for five more weeks of new chapters just to see you squirm without a new addiction?

I think Dom just made some fresh kool-aid, or was it ice tea, or lemonade?

*Growl of discontent* I am not happy.

P.S. to Dom, this better not be an anti-climax. This damn well BETTER NOT BE. Those are the hallmarks of a bad author, and until now I've respected you as a good one. Quite honestly though, you've resolved the major conflict, so what's the point of continuing the story?

//shadows

P.P.S. (Of course, you're the author, you've just messed with my head so I'm bitter, don't listen to me ;) )

*Growl of discontent* I am not happy.

P.S. to Dom, this better not be an anti-climax. This damn well BETTER NOT BE. Those are the hallmarks of a bad author, and until now I've respected you as a good one. Quite honestly though, you've resolved the major conflict, so what's the point of continuing the story?

//shadows

P.P.S. (Of course, you're the author, you've just messed with my head so I'm bitter, don't listen to me ;) )

I don't know that stay or go is the major conflict. I think it's just an aspect of Rory's habit of not thinking through what he does and merely reacting to events around him. Besides, we don't know how bad Eddie is. If he dies, then nothing's been resolved and Rory has to choose between Alice the Incomprehensible and Jase as his guardians.

Alan

PS Since no-one's properly bashed Alice, while it was a great speech, she could have made the same speech at any time since she arrived in Arizona. There was no need to put 5 people through misery by waiting until Rory was on the plane.

That is so NOT FAIR!

I was sad - it was obviously the end. A very well crafted end, but the end none the less. A final shot of Rory and Seth hugging, then fade to black for a possible sequel...

Now the rollercoaster is off again!

not gonna happen. the dom defense team is armed with so many firearms, as MR.T would say, "I pity the fool" who even thinks about trying it.

cliffhangers r a necessary evil, and as such will be protected with the author at all costs.

:mace: :axeman: :sword: :ranger: :battleaxe: :businesssmiley: :chris: :evil: :mace: :fire: :battleaxe: :axeman: :sword: :mace: :wizard: :ranger: :2hands:

this is just the frontline defense. the gunpowder comes if these guys fail.

anyone thinking of any such behavior as green, or anyone thinking of joining forces with green, you are hereby given your one and only warning. mess with the perfection we call DomLuka, and you open up a can of whoop ass you have no hope of ever closing again.

You dare stand between me and the word Luka. Those that oppose me will be in themselves heretics not worthy of the word of Luka. Oppose me and you will burn at the stake. Put down your swords noble smily faces and join me. Only heretics setttle for the evil in cliffhangers.

Now my worthy brethren, those of you that will follow the word. We will see the word until its end. Which will in speculation be within the next few chapters. Fear not for the voice of Luka is not yet silenced. Fear not for the words of Trust have just been given to us as gift so that we could further witness the good they instill upon us

Brethren lets lead this unholy war into the Domaholics den. Stand with me and we will prevail.

GREEN high priest of the word.

seth poisoned the pilot lol.

I thought the same about Luke-The-Reckless, rofl. ^^

I’ve been thinking a lot about what the story as a whole has been based around. A lot of it was Rory needing to figure out where he belonged, and what was best for him. When he was leaving, he cared about Eddie, but I don’t think he realized how much. I think this ‘accident’ will be Rory’s way of figuring it out. There is also a possibility for Rory to still go back to Nevada. After his conversation with Nathan, I don’t see how he can walk away from it again. And call me crazy, but Aaron Keslin was a force in this story for over twenty chapters. I have a feeling that the easy way that he and Rory parted is going to blow up in Rory’s face before this thing is over.

Yes, yes, yes and... yes.

I'll even go a bit further and say that this accident might be a good way to really bond father and son. And I think that's an important part of the story. What makes family family here ? I mean laser tag, cars and ice-skating races are nice and good but... something's missing. Well that's what I feel, anyway.

And the other issues you talked also deserve (and seems good material to me) a bit of deepening if not a satisfactory conclusion.

PS Since no-one's properly bashed Alice, while it was a great speech, she could have made the same speech at any time since she arrived in Arizona. There was no need to put 5 people through misery by waiting until Rory was on the plane.

She did say EXACTLY the same thing a bit after she arrived.

Chapter 34 : Right now, she wants you to know that you’re still welcome to go home with her; but she’d understand if you did decide to stay here, Rory... You have a week to think about it.

Later still 34 : You should be thinking about what comes next... You wouldn’t hurt my feelings, Rory, if you thought about staying here. You know that, don’t you?"

"Grandma..."

"I’m just saying. You follow your heart on this one. You’ve got a nice family here

Only :

- She didn't know how things really were there. Sorry but if it was me, I wouldn't give my only grandson to a man I've not seen for like 17 years without checking out a little bit what was going on.

- She might not have been sure how Rory felt about it. We can't really say their convos on the phone had been enlightening for either of them.

In that plane it was obvious and all she did was giving him the last little push he needed to go through with a decision he badly wanted to make. As long as he was not sure about it, there was not point in forcing him in anything. He can't blame that decision on anybody else now.

[edit : Ah yes! I forgot! That was a Hell of a good chapter too. ^^ ]

Edited by Xandra Kitee

It is not unusual for Dom's stories to make me cry. This is the first chapter where it got to the blubbering stage.

I thought Grandma Alice's timing was perfect. You probably couldn't get away with cutting things that close in real life. She obviously understands how Rory's mind works, and she loves him very much.

What a perfect ending to this story.

And then . . .

I can't recall ever threatening anyone physically before, but that was my immediate reaction at the end of the story, to want to do something violent to the author if he allows something to happen to Eddie at this point. Dom's too good a writer to mess up the arc of the story like that, I keep telling myself.

A favor please: If Eddie dies, will someone just PM me and let me know so I don't go and read any more of the story? Same for any kind of life-changing injury, come to think of it.

OK, so the best thing would be for Dom to post a message here saying, "Gotcha." Then he deletes the closing and substitutes "The End."

Barring that, Chapter 36 should begin a few days later as Rory, Seth, Luke, Jase, and Eddie get out of the new car to attend Aaron Keslin's funeral, all filled with a great sense of irony, and noting that just this once it was the drunk driver and not the innocent driver who was killed in the accident. :devil:

I gotta say, I like grandma Alice more and more (not quite at the LGAITE stage yet though).

A lot of people really disliked her. Yet, the way she treated Rory was great. It's like she can just knock sense into him. The plane scene was wonderful.

As for where it's going. Dom always seems to change things. I really hope this will be a chance for Rory to face his relationship with his dad, as others mentioned. At first, I was angry about the ending, thinking it was sort of a plot gimmick, but then I remembered the rest of DD and his other stories and realized that Dom knows what he's doing.

Overall, great chapter. Sadly, I didn't get to read it all the way through the first time because I had lecture (where I just sat and thought about it anyway :P ).

Well if Eddie does die it give Rory a chance to reconcile his old friends. Introduce them into the story proper and to Rory's gang of new friends. Make Nat gay, Can anybody say SPINN OFFF.

But that would be cruel.

Edited by Strangersagain

A really nice ending woulwd have been Seth and Rory's phone call in the airport.

That's all I'm saying. Not that I'm anxious for the story to end, but that that was a really good stopping place.

I'm not especially anxious to see Rory go through this next thing, though.

:o OMG that was a great chap and I changed my mind I want Rory with Seth yes that is my final answer! And oh no please dont let Eddie be hurt bad. I dont think I could handle it.

What no takers? :angry: No one wants to join the church of Luka. We could start a cult maybe? :blink: Look I swear we wont kill ourselves when a comet passes by.

OH well anywhoo. This Alice thing has gotten to me. I dont hate her persay I just think shes dealing with the same atachment problem Rory is dealing with. She wants him around too and finally though a bit too late she realized that he belongs with Eddie. Now if I am going to hate on any one is Seth for being an ass. How could he do that to Rory. I swear if this story was real I would fly down to Arizona and put the smack down on him and then I'd go Kreslin hunting with Chey as my hunting dog. I might even hit on Eddie. :wub: and then fight Jase for him. I would probably lose because he has Luke on his side.

Okay I am crazy sorry. LOL

GREEN

Dammit DomLuca! You've done it, okay I'm crying. This last chapter was like being on a bloody rollercoaster. Why do you have to be such a good writer. Oh pissit, I need some chocolate. I can

Edited by magical_jen
What no takers? :angry: No one wants to join the church of Luka. We could start a cult maybe? :blink:GREEN

Green,

start a cult? I thought that's what this Domaholic's forum was :huh: .

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

:boy: who smiles

And if Dom said "Hey jump into that Comet, I put DD Ch 36 through 55 on it", I'd be at the head of the line. :lol:

Green,

start a cult? I thought that's what this Domaholic's forum was :huh: .

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

:boy: who smiles

And if Dom said "Hey jump into that Comet, I put DD Ch 36 through 55 on it", I'd be at the head of the line. :lol:

We welcome you with open arms brother Vic. Though the church of Dom is not associated with the domaholics. We were kicked out because we seek a higher understanding of the word.

GREEN

A really nice ending woulwd have been Seth and Rory's phone call in the airport.

That's all I'm saying. Not that I'm anxious for the story to end, but that that was a really good stopping place.

I'm not especially anxious to see Rory go through this next thing, though.

I'm with you. But I'm trying to cling to my faith in Dom. TOU had a wonderful ending and then another chapter with another wonderful ending. I'm hoping he's doing that again. The guy who wrote the Gospel of John did that pretty well, too.

i think eddie was crying and couldnt see cause of the tears.

Probably. Now Eddie is going to die, Jase and Luke will blame him, and Rory will be shattered and go home to GA who's new hubby will be a total homophobe.

I know what Dom's planning... :angry::P

I'm with you. But I'm trying to cling to my faith in Dom. TOU had a wonderful ending and then another chapter with another wonderful ending. I'm hoping he's doing that again. The guy who wrote the Gospel of John did that pretty well, too.

Murmuring in the ranks???? 0:)

Ok I have so far resisted the prediction game because even a cursory glance at the what the oracles thought would happen would show that they have been hopelessly inaccurate.

But some speculation is inevitable. Why did Dom not end it at the airport? Seth and Rory together has been my dream since they began to play the finger game. Eddie too would have gotten his wish - a son to love and cherish.

We would all have sighed with satisfaction. Even the LRite holdouts would have joined us as we all happily trooped off to WT.

So why the accident to Eddie? Why the sudden cliffhanger when we all thought we had survived that trope? Was it, as some think, because Dom has been keeping bad company over in VJ2?

I grant that the company is BAAAD :lmao: but I don't think that is the reason. My best guess is based on what LB said in an earlier post. Namely that there were still some loose ends. One of them was of course the enigmatic Aaron Keslin - who still represents one of the most powerful characters in DD. This was an end that badly needs tying up (or something ). Luke was of course the other major loose end.

So here goes nothing. I predict Eddie will turn out to be ok eventually. Aaron will return in some ways sadder and wiser and Rory and he will re-ignite their relationship. I am talking three maybe four chapters here. In the meantime, y'all keep the faith now. We will get our happy ending.

Gearoid