Just sent a prompt to Tim; I will publish the prompt BEFORE the next chapter this time ... just to tease you guys  bit after all the love discussion (and the title is ... let me see ... I had it somewhere ... ah, here it is: 'love' ... what a strange coincidence).

It means you have to wait a bit longer for chapter 10 than usual ...

Hmm... I'm not sure I should or shouldn't look forward to that. Colt seems to need a thorough ass kicking, so it could be good.

I guess I got a little nostalgic, reading book 1 and their struggles there. The small pack had such an intimate feel about it.

• Like 1

Such unauthorized PDA would lead to an immediate shut down of Meta chapter postings ...

A long time ago, in another life time, I got quite annoyed with the guy I was seeing... So I pushed him over the bar counter and spanked his ass! Not sure who was more surprised him, me or the barman!

Of course JAR need not worry about that PDA as he's going to be handcuffed naked ass up to the laptop with the cane resting on his back for my instant use when a new chapter isn't posted every 24 hours... And if it isn't to my satisfaction!

Edited by Cris L

A long time ago, in another life time, I got quite annoyed with the guy I was seeing... So I pushed him over the bar counter and spanked his ass! Not sure who was more surprised him, me or the barman!

Of course JAR need not worry about that PDA as he's going to be handcuffed naked ass up to the laptop with the cane resting on his back for my instant use when a new chapter isn't posted every 24 hours... And if it isn't to my satisfaction!

Sounds like an awfully uncomfortable position for writing...

No worries, Cris has no chance to put his naughty ideas into reality; so let him have his 'innocent' fun.

• Like 1

I have a question about emotions. Maybe you can provide some clarity (maybe ;))

This is a quote from Chapter 16 when they are vetting Sam:

"Not my call, yours. But we’re an unusual pack, so I’m not surprised Fate has decided to go that way. Once he’s accepted, I … we all will develop the same feelings towards him as for each other currently,” Prime explained."

Same feelings?...so something in the Wolves' physical make up compels them to feel certain things for another wolf once they are part of the pack? How does that translate to Colt? Is that confirmation that the wolves emotions are ruled by a compulsion of their "race"? If so, I can see Colt becoming concerned if the wolves are compelled to love him because of his scent. A wolf will always be a wolf and will always be accepted and cared for (unless there is a betrayal?) while scents might fade and where would that leave Colt? I can see that causing some anxiety.

• Like 1

Just sent a prompt to Tim; I will publish the prompt BEFORE the next chapter this time ... just to tease you guys  bit after all the love discussion (and the title is ... let me see ... I had it somewhere ... ah, here it is: 'love' ... what a strange coincidence).

It means you have to wait a bit longer for chapter 10 than usual ...

sorry I was MIA I've sent the edits now (although I realize it's a bit late).

And yeah, Colt does owe Sam special consideration after the first time he left.

• Like 1

I would still like to see him try!

I'm speechless.

"Not my call, yours. But we’re an unusual pack, so I’m not surprised Fate has decided to go that way. Once he’s accepted, I … we all will develop the same feelings towards him as for each other currently,” Prime explained."

Same feelings?...so something in the Wolves' physical make up compels them to feel certain things for another wolf once they are part of the pack? How does that translate to Colt? Is that confirmation that the wolves emotions are ruled by a compulsion of their "race"? If so, I can see Colt becoming concerned if the wolves are compelled to love him because of his scent. A wolf will always be a wolf and will always be accepted and cared for (unless there is a betrayal?) while scents might fade and where would that leave Colt? I can see that causing some anxiety.

I SOOOO AGREE.

• Like 1

He's their Meta. A longterm commitment. Love will perhaps come and go, but his place in the pack is the same. The same goes for the wolves.

He's their Meta. A longterm commitment. Love will perhaps come and go, but his place in the pack is the same. The same goes for the wolves.

But he is still "only human" so the scent fades and these beautiful, previously unattainable (in his head) men won't be compelled to care for him any more and could leave him. Judging by his insecurity I've seen so far I can see that causing colt to doubt the connection. A wolf will ALWAYS be a wolf but Colt might not always smell as good.

And respect for your Meta isn't the same as love. Colt...even though he might be loathe to admit it...just wants to be loved

Edited by LitLover
  • Like 1

But he is still "only human" so the scent fades and these beautiful, previously unattainable (in his head) men won't be compelled to care for him any more and could leave him. Judging by his insecurity I've seen so far I can see that causing colt to doubt the connection. A wolf will ALWAYS be a wolf but Colt might not always smell as good.

And respect for your Meta isn't the same as love. Colt...even though he might be loathe to admit it...just wants to be loved

Well, I believe it's the same for Meta and wolf. Belonging to the pack ensures you're cared for. Love is another thing. I don't think love comes with scent automatically.

Well, I believe it's the same for Meta and wolf. Belonging to the pack ensures you're cared for. Love is another thing. I don't think love comes with scent automatically.

I think that's the point. What if the wolves have never developed 'love' because they are numbed by the scents ... how would one see a little flower in a wild forest of giant trees? His point is: we don't know whether the little flower is there. And what happens when the forest is gone and we realize there is no flower. Where does that leave me? Alone ... again?

Edited by JohnAR

It may not. But that's not what Colt sees or believes. To him the feelings would be artificial and therefore not to be trusted.

It may not. But that's not what Colt sees or believes. To him the feelings would be artificial and therefore not to be trusted.

... and Colt doesn't trust anyone easily anyway ... 

But life goes on. See next chapter(s) ;-)

And now for something completely different.

I thought it was vampires upsetting the world of finance. Could it in reality be Colt working his black magic? And behind Prime's back? Naughty, naughty Meta!

And now for something completely different.

I thought it was vampires upsetting the world of finance. Could it in reality be Colt working his black magic? And behind Prime's back? Naughty, naughty Meta!

Why are we assuming he did anything? He might have just done some research ... that's at least what the prompt said. He is a business major after all ...

Yeah, right... What was he using that research for? He's got enough on his plate to just read up on random stuff.

Maybe it's his way to chill ... Excel charts can be very calming ... where is the flow chart btw?