So where's Tim?

---

I'm still mesmerized by this sentence. Anyone knows who coined it?

‘Throw me to the wolves

And I will return leading the pack.’

I  think I will use it on Wednesday in a business meeting ... and pretty soon in California.

• Like 1

Since I started Meta now (still in Book 1) I thought I would share my versions of the three wolves:

This is my Brian.  Even though Brian was never military this guy still looks sweet and mid-westerny lol

marines_1452210c.jpg

This is my CE...mostly.  I still CE with more of a sweet smile in my head:

53d3ffe0ad010beed68b9680ec886ecc.jpg

And this is my Prime...pre-bonding:

f6c419d8b33f251b61b741a8ea6e6e51.jpg

I know all of you have other versions, but this is what I see when I think of them.   

• Like 3

Since I started Meta now (still in Book 1) I thought I would share my versions of the three wolves:

I know all of you have other versions, but this is what I see when I think of them.   

'Hungry Bird,'

I would confirm my invitation to you to join the wolf casting committee. Looking forward to the pictures for Sam, Isaac, Leo, Al, Warren, Gavin and Colt ...

• Like 1

Hey everybody, just came back from vacation, and read the lastest chapter...

Disapointment is the biggest feeling I'm left with.

I'm disapointed in Colt, still strugling with the whole "true love" vs "chemical love". Even if it is 100% chemical, and even If his wolves stop beeing forced to "love" him eventualy. So? All good things must come to an end. Does he expect to live "happily ever after"? Doesn't he expect to grow old, weak and die? No love is certain.

However, I'm more disapointed in Prime he knew from the begining, and never told Colt? Why? He was affraid Colt would abbandon him / the pack? Considering Colt is a smart guy, it was only a matter of time until he learnd of it. If it wasn't Leo, it would have been someone else. Probably an enemy.

If the effect is so pronounced that Prime was sure of it from his first "dose", then every other wolf felt it too. Including CE (probably my favorite wolf). The only way I see for CE to keep this secret was if Prime ORDERED him to. Realy Sh###ty thing to do.

GAAAA, of to read the prompt, maybe it'l cheer me up!

Equi

• Like 1

Poor Colt. Getting a royal shellacking by everyone ...

Let's think about that: nobody ever really wanted him - unless somebody wanted something from him. He had never had a real relationship: neither to his parents, with friends, siblings etc. - not even mentioning a romantic relationship: Trent was straight and Chris more interested in beer. And one day the near-death of three wolves force him to get 'married' ('bonded') for 'eternity' (see oath in book 1). Do I need to say more? And we even haven't read in gory details what he had to go through during his childhood (Adam, anyone? - see book 5).

I think CE thinks it's just the pleasure of sex; I don't think he ever thought there was a chemical reason behind it - esp. as he was already big when he 'met' Colt. And Prime honestly expected Colt suspected - he IS the smart nerd after all. I'm sure Colt suspected as well but never wanted to face the ugly truth. And men not communicating with each other - is that anything new?

Anyway, there's more coming, at least in book 8.

Your Honor, I rest my case.

ummm...

siblings? have I missed something? :grin:

Ok, we don't know what happened in his childhood. Maybe it traumatised him, made him suspect everyone. And these two chapters just "confirmed" his previous preconceptions, but still... That just reinforces my case. There is nothig special about "true love". And Colt should not expect something "metaphisical" about it. Meaning, it's impossible to distinguish from "chemical love". Meaning it's the same.

I can't undestant it... Maybe it's because I'm not INTJ ?

If I was Colt. I would accept it and enjoy it while it lasted.

As for the near death episode, I read it as showing what he could loose if he didn't grab on; took a leap of faith, Yeah, it was either loose them or be bonded to them. If he already had feelings for them, so what?

As for CE, yes I believe there is some pleasure int the sex itself, but more for the pleasing his Meta, or better yet, submiting to his Meta's wishes. Like the Gym sex scene, when Colt orders him to hold the wheight while he fucks him. It seems to me like CE enjoyed it more then if it was more valina.

Equi

ummm...

siblings? have I missed something? :grin:

Ok, we don't know what happened in his childhood. Maybe it traumatised him, made him suspect everyone. And these two chapters just "confirmed" his previous preconceptions, but still... That just reinforces my case. There is nothig special about "true love". And Colt should not expect something "metaphisical" about it. Meaning, it's impossible to distinguish from "chemical love". Meaning it's the same.

If I was Colt. I would accept it and enjoy it while it lasted.

As for the near death episode, I read it as showing what he could loose if he didn't grab on; took a leap of faith, Yeah, it was either loose them or be bonded to them. If he already had feelings for them, so what?

As for CE, yes I believe there is some pleasure int the sex itself, but more for the pleasing his Meta, or better yet, submiting to his Meta's wishes. Like the Gym sex scene, when Colt orders him to hold the wheight while he fucks him. It seems to me like CE enjoyed it more then if it was more valina.

Equi

Wow insinuating 'true love' is INTJ ... that's a first.

Thanks for your deep thoughts. I agree on CE, btw, full-heartedly. Genetics ;-).

And for the rest we will see ... I'm sure we'll come back to this theme soon ...

I love this series!! 

Goodwork

Joker/Jester

Thanks, feel free to share some of those thoughts ... the others no this forum only bark/rant, but don't bite ;-).

JAR

Equi

Wow insinuating 'true love' is INTJ ... that's a first.

JAR

I call you a romantic, you call me a romantic.

Maybe Equi is right. We INTJ seek true love. I at least can relate to that. In my life I've met maybe three people I thought I could have a serious relationship with. Sure, I flirt, but very few get beneath the surface. Why? I think I simply don't find it worth the time or effort unless the person I'm interested in is more or less perfect (For me, that is. Not in some general way, since no one is perfect). I have high demands on myself and equally high demands on my partner. Could that narrow entry way to my heart be seen as looking for true love? Possibly. It is kind of a romantic notion to wait for that special individual made just for you.

And the prize for the most mysterious quote of the month goes to ...

Sweden Suede Sverge

Ha, ha! Got to keep some mystery about me!

• Like 1

Puppilull wins another prize for understanding INTJ romance behavior so well ... so Colt's reaction is not unusual ... he just needs Puppilull as life coach ...

As I said, it takes one to know one. Did anyone say kindred spirits? Bussom buddies?

There's no point in having a dog and then doing some barking myself, so I will let you all do that for me!

I prefer to bite, but only on selected occasions!

In this instance I'm thinking JAR's butt...

Edited by Cris L

There's no point in having a dog and then doing some barking myself, so I will let you all do that for me!

:rofl:

Personally, I'd like to bite Brian's butt :P

Such unauthorized PDA would lead to an immediate shut down of Meta chapter postings ...

:rofl:

Personally, I'd like to bite Brian's butt :P

Oh we so know that ... I think you should try CE's though (before he got hairless  :P )

I hereby quote LitLover:

"That is the million dollar question. Are they actually giving their hearts to Colt or when/if the scents shut off will they be able to just walk away unscathed while Colts heart is broken. No one wants to give their heart to someone who can't or won't do the same."

This is my Brian.  Even though Brian was never military this guy still looks sweet and mid-westerny lol

marines_1452210c.jpg

This is my CE...mostly.  I still CE with more of a sweet smile in my head:

53d3ffe0ad010beed68b9680ec886ecc.jpg

And this is my Prime...pre-bonding:

f6c419d8b33f251b61b741a8ea6e6e51.jpg

Pls note: NO HOLES in their ears. Pffhhh.

I hereby quote LitLover:

"That is the million dollar question. Are they actually giving their hearts to Colt or when/if the scents shut off will they be able to just walk away unscathed while Colts heart is broken. No one wants to give their heart to someone who can't or won't do the same."

Pls note: NO HOLES in their ears. Pffhhh.

But Colt is also heavily influenced by the scents. That's how it starts. Why would he be more hurt than the rest if the scent theory checks out? It's not like the others were Casanovas or anything prior to meeting Colt... The first person you sleep with tends to be important to you, at least if he's a steady partner for a period of time.

They must have some holes in their ears. Otherwise, how would they hear...?

• Like 2