That could be their perceived end reward then..not being punished by the Lord.  They don't act like they are motivated by fear though (judging by the prompt about the meeting in Washington).

Who could this "Lord" be?  Is it a male or female?  Is it ancient or are he/she replaced or usurped on occasion?  MaryAnn seems to know this Lord (and not necessarily intimately).  Is it possible that he is her son?  Although why she would not want that power for herself makes me question that theory...

I think I talk myself in to and out of theories more often than can be good for a person :P

I think it's a he, because they've said he about him. But who knows? I don't know if we have actually met the Lord. Maybe in one of the prompts. My first instinct said Haliburt, but that doesn't add up. Then we have McEricksson, Stiller, Giovanni... None of them seem likely to me. It would perhaps make more sense for the Lord to be a vampire, but again who knows?

• Like 1

You're right...the Lord has to be a man.  He has been referred to as "he" before.  

I don't think he is McEricksson, Stiller, Giovanni or Haliburt though.  McEricksson doesn't seem powerful enough to rule vampires, I believe both Stiller and Giovanni are wolves and i can't see the vampire Lord being a wolf (MaryAnn would never get away with calling them dogs if the Lord was a wolf) and Haliburt is human.  That doesn't necessarily exclude him, but I just can't see it.  

• Like 2

Ok, something must be wrong. A straight answer from our writer? The apocalypse is upon us! ;)

I still don't believe Haliburt is completely human... Problem is I don't think he is wolf or vampire. It's something about the sanscrit that bugs me...

We'll 'meet' the Lord for the first time in the book 6 ;-).

I hope (s/t)he(y)'ll be worthy your attention.

I'm sure he will be nothing that we expected ;)

Ok, something must be wrong. A straight answer from our writer? The apocalypse is upon us! ;)

I still don't believe Haliburt is completely human... Problem is I don't think he is wolf or vampire. It's something about the sanscrit that bugs me...

I think there is magic of some sort in play here.  I think Haliburt has something to do with that magic, but I haven't figured out how/in what capacity.  

I think Colt is actually wrong about some things regarding Seb. Maybe he does resent Colt for taking Prime and Leo and for putting them in danger. I however find it hard to believe he would wish that Emma and Arthur wasn't in his life. For a man desperate to belong somewhere whee he can be loved and love in return, Colt has a cold view on Seb's family life. He still doesn't believe in love, does he?

Seb might be wolf, but he's been nothing but supportive of Prime and Leo, almost pushing Leo into Colt's arms. All but forcing him to be true to himself. Seb strikes me as a man or wold who isn't afraid of being who he is and letting others be who they are, tradition or not. I'm thinking Colt is projecting his own warped feelings on being a man onto Seb.

• Like 1

I think Colt is actually wrong about some things regarding Seb. Maybe he does resent Colt for taking Prime and Leo and for putting them in danger. I however find it hard to believe he would wish that Emma and Arthur wasn't in his life. For a man desperate to belong somewhere whee he can be loved and love in return, Colt has a cold view on Seb's family life. He still doesn't believe in love, does he?

Seb might be wolf, but he's been nothing but supportive of Prime and Leo, almost pushing Leo into Colt's arms. All but forcing him to be true to himself. Seb strikes me as a man or wold who isn't afraid of being who he is and letting others be who they are, tradition or not. I'm thinking Colt is projecting his own warped feelings on being a man onto Seb.

Projecting? Could be. Seems Colt needs a psychotherapist...

I don't think that Colt believes that anyone does anything without some motive behind it. Unfortunately he is usually right...which feeds the belief. He may be projecting his own feelings and beliefs on Seb but Seb was the who ran from Emma (yes to help Prime in his fight for land) so colt could see that as wishing for more freedom. I think most people with children eventually pine for the time when they had more freedom (or more than a few hours sleep at a time). That doesn't mean they wish their families would go away. Colt might not understand that distinction.

• Like 1

I didn't see that as running from Emma, but running to Prime.

I've never longed for freedom. I had a long period as a dinky in Stockholm and quire frankly fed up with that life by the time we had our kids. Sleep... That's another thing! ;)

I didn't see that as running from Emma, but running to Prime.

I've never longed for freedom. I had a long period as a dinky in Stockholm and quire frankly fed up with that life by the time we had our kids. Sleep... That's another thing! ;)

Colt had Leo beat up Seb to force him to return to Emma ... Sweetening the deal with s business class ticket from LAX to the east coast ...

Colt had Leo beat up Seb to force him to return to Emma ... Sweetening the deal with s business class ticket from LAX to the east coast ...

Yes, not wanting to leave his new found brother during the most important and possibly dangerous time in his life... Crazy!

• Like 1

I have to admit I'm with JAR here, and Seb has admitted to most of what Colt says. And why shouldn't he feel trapped ? Few college boys his age want kids, no matter how much they love their girlfriends. And males are meant to be promiscuous, planting their seed and spreading their genes as much as possible. Only when the chances of getting surviving offspring are greater by being faithful and helping with the nurturing in a stable environment (including not being expelled from society by fucking the mates of everyone else), will males tend to monogamy as in most human societies. But even so, we still see powerful males being unable to help themselves to willing (or not so willing) females - politicians, generals, rock stars, sports idols, you name it.

• Like 1

Did he admit though or just not disagree? Seb is indeed a smart man who would see the danger in trying to outsmart Colt.

As for the males spreading seeds... I think we can find evidence for males and females being promiscuous, both being monogamous and anything in between. Humans are probably not monogamous and that goes for both sexes. When society doesn't completely shun women who stray, we do stray. So I thinks it's not so much nature as society that dictates what we do and don't do. When we are free to choose, some are leaning towards monogamy and some towards multiple partners. Irrespective of gender.

Sexual abuse is something else. To me more about a show of force and power than sex.

I tend to side with Tim on this. While of course the cultural context puts an extra stigma on promiscuous women, I would state that - ceteris paribus - men tend to be more promiscuous. That also makes sense as they bear less consequences for a intercourse going wrong (or right as nature intended). Losing that illusion of freedom will make some men resent their 'prison' ... esp. when they see 'free' men like Colt ...

• Like 1

Some men perhaps. Seb didn't strike me as such a guy. He seems very happy to have Emma, even before any baby.

And based on my circle of friends and acquaintances (not scientific i know...) and women are very similar in this respect. But Sweden is perhaps a truly strange place...

• Like 1

Some men perhaps. Seb didn't strike me as such a guy. He seems very happy to have Emma, even before any baby.

And based on my circle of friends and acquaintances (not scientific i know...) and women are very similar in this respect. But Sweden is perhaps a truly strange place...

I think you just killed your own argument <grin> ... 

Another thought: Behind every successful man ...

... esp. when they see 'free' men like Colt ...

The irony drips thickly, since Colt is bound by eight hunky wolves, not just one (albeit determined) female and one baby. Plus fate and prophecy. Oh, he may have more choices in who to fuck today, but he's not free. Happy hopefully, but just as married as Seb. ;)

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3

The irony drips thickly, since Colt is bound by eight hunky wolves, not just one (albeit determined) female and one baby. Plus fate and prophecy. Oh, he may have more choices in who to fuck today, but he's not free. Happy hopefully, but just as married as Seb. ;)

Thanks for expressing it so succinctly ... there was a reason I used the ' ' 's. Colt isn't free ... and you haven't even stated all the binds that bind him  :gikkle: