it would probably take me half the night, considering all the issues Colt has - some of which we don't even know yet.

By the way, don't forget to list your prompt in the 441 topic.

Yes, daddy ;-). Done.

Both of us are in law, try to dissect Meta for fun and are in long term commited relationships? I would say twins :)

And we're hungry birds! Go, sister!

(Sorry, I've had some vodka...)

Is there a match-making reward?

JAR  :lmao:

Oh, what a day I had my first male Swedish team member came to see me to inform me that he is going to be papaledig for the next six months ... an exciting word like Jantelagen and drängelseavgift

• Like 1

Yes, bonus points for you! Both! My Swedish heart is jumping for joy right now.

Although, it's trängselskatt.

And don't dis the pappaledighet! It saves a lot of marriages and relationships. Six months is nothing. Nine is the new six...

• Like 1

They are very re headed, but I think too weak looking for a certain someone. I guess I know what he means. They look like they would go on pappaledighet any time.

(Google it...)

I didn't have to, I know what it means. Here it's called fædreorlov.

Years ago I knew a Swedish woman who had two kids before she moved to Copenhagen. Her and her husband were thinking about having a third kid, but she said she would only do it in Denmark, where maternity leave was six months at that time, compared to a year in Sweden. She felt being away from work for a whole year was too bad for her career plus it drove her up the wall with boredom by the end of it.

Now maternity leave is a year here too, but it can be split 50/50 with the father, so quite a few people do that, with the mother taking the first six months (usually with the recommended breast feeding) and the father the last four-six months. But of course lots of women still take all 12 months. 

We don't have to take all of the time for ourselves. (Three months are these days reserved for the mother and three for the father). The leave can be used anytime until the child is 8 years old. So I don't really understand her. Except the boredom. I was very bored at the end of my two turns.

We don't have to take all of the time for ourselves. (Three months are these days reserved for the mother and three for the father). The leave can be used anytime until the child is 8 years old. So I don't really understand her. Except the boredom. I was very bored at the end of my two turns.

Well the problem was and is that you're not entitled to get your child into daycare until it's 13 months old, so unless you can find someone to take care of the baby, you can't really go back to work before time.

Wow.

I expected ranting about my ... provocative ... description of the gay BDSM scene in Berlin; and instead I'm getting a discussion on the different approaches to child support in Scandinavian countries ...

It's time for Colt to throw a misogynic tantrum again it seems ...

;-)

JAR

• Like 2

Ehum... There is usually at least two people involved in making a baby... ;)

Yeah and if they each take half the leave it's fine, but if the woman has to take most or all, that's when it impacts her career - and her future pension. But my main point was that it wasn't and isn't a real choice to save some of the leave for later, unless you can find private daycare.

(it's sort of fun to annoy you, JAR, but I know we'll pay for it later. :pinch:)

Yeah and if they each take half the leave it's fine, but if the woman has to take most or all, that's when it impacts her career - and her future pension. But my main point was that it wasn't and isn't a real choice to save some of the leave for later, unless you can find private daycare.

(it's sort of fun to annoy you, JAR, but I know we'll pay for it later. :pinch:)

Don't worry. I just read another Help! Alien chapter and came across M/M pregnancy. Prime is going to have a hayday with that in book 8 ;-). So I'm imagining the wolves having a Papaledig discussion .. . too hilarious.

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 1