Well, for some reason it never gets mentioned that Prime and/or Brian are wolf shifters in Juno ...

head scratch.

JAR

Are you trying to throw out a red herring for us to chase? Lead us done a twisty maze? :P

I'll have to think more about this, but for now..on the road. yay for holidays!

• Like 1

Well, for some reason it never gets mentioned that Prime and/or Brian are wolf shifters in Juno ...

head scratch.

JAR

But to me that would be like having to point out that the sun will rise. There is no mention of them having two feet either, still I'm pretty sure they do. Some things are a given and if everything is uncertain it's going to end up a David Lynch movie. Bring on the dancing dwarves! The owls are not what they seem!

Oh, wait... Owls...

Are you trying to throw out a red herring for us to chase? Lead us done a twisty maze? :P

I'll have to think more about this, but for now..on the road. yay for holidays!

LitLover, You know I would never do that. Meta is simple, straightforward and WYSIWYG. <clearing my throat before returning innocently to my dark corner>

But to me that would be like having to point out that the sun will rise. There is no mention of them having two feet either, still I'm pretty sure they do. Some things are a given and if everything is uncertain it's going to end up a David Lynch movie. Bring on the dancing dwarves! The owls are not what they seem!

Oh, wait... Owls...

Of course, your Honor. It's not in the contract so we can assume it's in the contract ... reminds me of my final high school exam in Latin ... where the author complained about the law department of an university: 'even if it's said they imply it is not; and if it isn't said they imply it is ...'

Some things never change ;-).

• Like 1

If the only ground rule is there are no ground rules, reading, commenting and ranting will be extremely difficult. Twists and turns are one thing. Wolves turning out to not be wolves would be something else and indeed in violation of the contract between writer and reader.

• Like 2

So it is a nightmare? No premonition?

So far you haven't sprung anything on us that wasn't there already, plain to see for anyone with a brain. I know, because my reread has made me go "Doh!" sooo many times this summer. So you are coloring within the lines. The horror, the horror!

Besides, writing surreal stories isn't a deadly sin as far as I remember.

I like the 'Doh!' - you should have pointed them out during your reading ... to pleasure my little narcissistic dom side ...

I'm not saying it is a nightmare ... but you postulated that ... I'm just pointing out coherently what the implications of that 'ansatz' could be ...

If I find the time, I'll compile a list. It would be quite long...

I'm sure Litlover could help ... She also likes lists ...

Actually I could rename the forum: ListLovers ... One second: LitLover, did you forget the 's' in your name?

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 2

Lists - the habit of highly successful people!

Unfortunately I need to disagree. The highly successful people are those who trick those who make lists into working for them - and harvest the rewards.

Edited by JohnAR

I don't share my lists with anyone. They are far too complex (or messy some would say) for normal people to grasp. But I get your point. We have a few of those at work. I love to put them on the spot...

Edited by Puppilull
  • Like 1

Bad JAR, BAD!

For some reason I was expecting you were just teasing us with your mentions of wolf deaths. However with CE showing signs of age... How old is CE? I was immagining 30 something.

Have to go back and reread the chapters that describe CE's father, I think he was described as an older version of CE with visible traces of age, but I though, even if he does look old, it's also due to his evilness / lack of loyalty. Loyalty to his son, his family and his Alfa.

On the other hand, «For some reason Colt thought Brian didn’t age at all.» is Brian much yonguer then CE? Simple genetics? Or does it have something to do with the fact that CE was the wolf that "grew less" with Colt's 'Roids?

Equi

Reguarding Wolfs I don't want to see die, maybe I'll give you a list why ?

1. *Prime* - I like him, but he's not my favourite. However, he's the Alfa, and I've not read anything on a possible substitution. Whatever you are setting up, I believe there's a big BIG battle ahead, and while the Inner Circle would follow Colt, the outher wolves would not... Unless they are led to battle by what's his name? the new Alfa from Prime's old pack?

2. *Brian* - He's sweet, one of my favorite charactes... Maybe he is fast enough to not get killed ?

3. *CE* - I realy REALY like CE. He is my favourite. Please don't kill him. If you do, make it count, something Epic and heroic that saves the pack, pretty please?

4. *Sam* - I like sam, he's the lost puppy (ok maybe because we "watched" him since he was kicked around. I always looked at his petition to join the pack as last effort before suicide, as a lone an soon to be dead wolf)

5. *Isaac* - Again, I like him, but if he was gone I wouldn't miss much.

6. *Leo* - Now Leo I like, he's the aloof geek. And yeah, he saved Colt's life, but I think he still has something to do for the pack (don't know why, just a hunch)

7. *Al* - Al will probably be necessary due to his ability to smell Queens. Personaly, I would like to see him be given the chance to do something for tha pack. That talk he had with Sam was an excelet chapter, but I want to see more.

8. *Warren* - He's a new CE, a cuddly bear. «little boy voice»can I keep him mom?«/little boy voice»

However, the other ranting showed Colt facing whatever, accompanied by Prime, Brian and CE... Was it just me who had the impression that even those three were dead, and had a moral support part, nothing more?

Equi

• Like 2

Reguarding Wolfs I don't want to see die, maybe I'll give you a list why ?

1. *Prime* - I like him, but he's not my favourite. However, he's the Alfa, and I've not read anything on a possible substitution. Whatever you are setting up, I believe there's a big BIG battle ahead, and while the Inner Circle would follow Colt, the outher wolves would not... Unless they are led to battle by what's his name? the new Alfa from Prime's old pack?

2. *Brian* - He's sweet, one of my favorite charactes... Maybe he is fast enough to not get killed ?

3. *CE* - I realy REALY like CE. He is my favourite. Please don't kill him. If you do, make it count, something Epic and heroic that saves the pack, pretty please?

4. *Sam* - I like sam, he's the lost puppy (ok maybe because we "watched" him since he was kicked around. I always looked at his petition to join the pack as last effort before suicide, as a lone an soon to be dead wolf)

5. *Isaac* - Again, I like him, but if he was gone I wouldn't miss much.

6. *Leo* - Now Leo I like, he's the aloof geek. And yeah, he saved Colt's life, but I think he still has something to do for the pack (don't know why, just a hunch)

7. *Al* - Al will probably be necessary due to his ability to smell Queens. Personaly, I would like to see him be given the chance to do something for tha pack. That talk he had with Sam was an excelet chapter, but I want to see more.

8. *Warren* - He's a new CE, a cuddly bear. «little boy voice»can I keep him mom?«/little boy voice»

However, the other ranting showed Colt facing whatever, accompanied by Prime, Brian and CE... Was it just me who had the impression that even those three were dead, and had a moral support part, nothing more?

Equi

I think Equi just sentenced Isaac to death ... (or regrouping in Hell as the jarheads call it).

Bad JAR, BAD!

For some reason I was expecting you were just teasing us with your mentions of wolf deaths. However with CE showing signs of age... How old is CE? I was immagining 30 something.

Have to go back and reread the chapters that describe CE's father, I think he was described as an older version of CE with visible traces of age, but I though, even if he does look old, it's also due to his evilness / lack of loyalty. Loyalty to his son, his family and his Alfa.

On the other hand, «For some reason Colt thought Brian didn’t age at all.» is Brian much yonguer then CE? Simple genetics? Or does it have something to do with the fact that CE was the wolf that "grew less" with Colt's 'Roids?

Equi

Yes, He's older than Brian. He served in the Corps before joining the pack, while Brian was pretty much 18 when he joined ... so right now I'd assume CE is 31/2ish and Brian mid 20 ... but for wolves that doesn't mean anything. And for Colt's pack ... that's a totally different story again (see book 8.)

JAR

You both are so smart! I can't think this stuff. All of this is true, but maybe because Brian doesn't act like a superior, Prime, well, Loope doesn't feel threatened by his authority? He does at one point mention questioning the orders in an effort to keep the young officer from getting into further trouble. So while he respects the ranking, he's still showing signs of leadership...ahh I don't know. 

As for the dream thing, here's your laugh: 

Remember when Colt had his dream and Maryann was dressed in Star Trek outfit? Well, my brain went on a bender that time. There is an Ep. in Star Trek where Piccard had lost time, and travelled through time to his past and future, and Q told him it was all a dream. I spent hours trying to decide if there was any correlation between the two scenarios, 'cause why else would Mayann be dressed like that!! This is what you fall over laughing for! I love how everything is something, but maybe nothing this is, but it warps my brain some times.. It all good though! 

At least though, I get to read up on stuff I didn't otherwise know (Juno), so there's that! 

Defiance,

Don't underestimate yourself. You picked up another clue (everyone else missed it or chose to deprioritize) ... why she was dressed like that we will find out in chapter 14 ... unless it's just a reflection of Colt's nerd-iness.

And you linking this to the two last episodes of Star Trek - The Next Generation is quite a compliment. Thanks!

Now what it means for the Juno story? I can't say ...

JAR

Edited by JohnAR
  • Like 2

I don't want to speculate who might die...but you know who I want to live :*)

Yep, and you know who. :)

I'd like to keep my split personality intact, if it's not too much to ask...

Now the questions is: Who pays the most to have their request fulfilled? ;-).

JAR

PS Unfortunately, I have already written books 5-7, so it would require MAJOR payment to make me re-write them ...