'Awful' prompt?  :o

I find it was one of the better ones (still cringing about 'Toddlers').

Awful only as in "Why do you have to be so evil and seemingly kill all wolves?"

I like Toddlers!

Obviously Tim will kill me if I kill Brian, Puppilull if I kill Isaac and Defiance if I kill Warren.

Surprisingly nobody's vouching for Al.

Not surprisingly nobody's vouching for Colt ('the bullying prima donna') <g>.

I think we haven't got to know Al, Leo and Warren quite as much (even if I as an ex - chubby has a soft (no pun!) spot for Warren. That's perhaps why we don't feel as strongly for them.

Besides, aren't we losing ranting track here? What about those poor female wolves living a practically Victorian life? The issue with virginity and birth control (as in controlling who is the father) doesn't add up with a desire to have many wolves. If the more, the merrier was the motto, the packs would raise any pups born out of marriage in the pack. No, this has nothing to do with procreation and everything to do with control. IMHO...

In a world where you have to ask the alpha to be allowed to procreate ... everything is about (dictatorial) control ... isn't that symptomatic for 'traditional' societies as well (see recent dictatorship or feudalism)

I've already mentioned before that I intend to write a feminist book on GA ;-).

That still doesn't lead to more babies.

I seem to recall the words death and wish in connection to that idea. ;) But I would love to read it. And rant of course!

It's not only about numbers .. but who gets them ... they have to become 'loyal pack members,' properly indoctrinated.

Besides, aren't we losing ranting track here? What about those poor female wolves living a practically Victorian life? The issue with virginity and birth control (as in controlling who is the father) doesn't add up with a desire to have many wolves. If the more, the merrier was the motto, the packs would raise any pups born out of marriage in the pack. No, this has nothing to do with procreation and everything to do with control. IMHO...

I agree that the females wolves seem to live an almost cloistered life (or are expected to for some time) until they start to shift and then its a mad hunt for the best man to make pups with.  That does seem to fit with the VERY traditional cultures and mindset though.  Wolves are deeply mired in tradition and history and rule their lives by a set of rules that don't fit with modern society (eg one Alpha or Betas as judge and jury).  It would make sense (although I may not like it) that the treatment of and attitude towards females would be so old-fashioned.  I would assume that the shift is linked to the loss of virginity to prevent young wolf girls from going in to heat and attracting men before she reaches a certain age (I am also assuming that the need to shift gets very strong after a girl reaches "puberty")

Edited by LitLover

This is NOT reassuring.

Shrieking?  That would have been interesting to witness  :lol:

I'll rant from here til Thursday if it gets you giggling, JAR! LOL

Ladies ... I'm nearly blushing with all the attention I'm getting. Well, nearly.

Shouldn't you discuss more about the latest prompt. E.g. why CE and Sam were not in the dream (Leo is Canadian so that could explain it)?

JAR

@Timothy M. : Congrats to 4000!!!!!

Ok, ok...I'll leave you alone...for now ;)

So it was a dream of Leo's (being Canadian he would know about this battle)?  By why would Will be in it?  Why would  Brian be Prime's superior?  My brain hurts with all of the clues I have been trying to decipher

Edited by LitLover

I'm sorry for being a rant killer, but I guess the wifi hell just got to me yesterday. The cattle prodding worked, however, because at 3 am my brain suddenly came up with this idea.

It's not a dream, it's Betsy "seeing" what if the pack never got together. Prime isn't Prime, since he's no Alpha. He never met CE, so the ball never got to rolling. Something happened the night he met CE, he was drunk out of his mind. A wolf in that condition? Hmm...

Now, we get a glimpse of the world without our counterweight pack. The conservative pack (maybe led by Stiller) has got the power. The ferals are wolves trying to fight the oppression. The government is perhaps in league with the vampires for reasons unknown. Forest suspects, but doesn't know. Otherwise, I think he would have just left.

CE is still in Shore patrol and therefore not in Europe. The others might have been drafted if the situation is as dire as it's described. So Brian, Al and Warren end up there. Drafting of soldiers doesn't effect Leo, who's Canadian. Sam is in this world too scrawny and useless to be drafted. Will on the other hand got drafted.

The title still puzzles me though. I was thinking Greek mythology, but Juno is Roman.

Or it's just a dream. You don't always dream of everyone in your life. Sometimes, people you hardly ever see or like show up. The masters could be vampires or some other beings. The ferals are also unknown. Sam and CE could have died in a previous battle and therefore be missing.

This was my nighttime musings. Feel free to fall over laughing. The heat makes it hard to think and question my own thoughts...

• Like 2

Your theory is interesting and has a lot of merit. It would explain a lot of things. The only issue I have though is Prime is an alpha. An alpha should always be an alpha and some part of him should be having a hard time submitting to Brian. Yes, marines are trained to do that in boot camp, but Brian doesn't even act like an officer, which I would think an alpha wolf would need in order to keep himself from being insubordinate.

• Like 2

Prime is an Alpha, but also intelligent and bound by his sense of duty to serve as a marine. I'm sure he's encountered superior officers he's found lacking and still he managed to follow orders. If it were an impossibility, his career choice would have been rather stupid. And Prime us anything but, despite being an impulsive Alpha.

That said, I'm sure there are a lot of errors in my little rant. But it's too much fun to rant to not share.

• Like 1

Your theory is interesting and has a lot of merit. It would explain a lot of things. The only issue I have though is Prime is an alpha. An alpha should always be an alpha and some part of him should be having a hard time submitting to Brian. Yes, marines are trained to do that in boot camp, but Brian doesn't even act like an officer, which I would think an alpha wolf would need in order to keep himself from being insubordinate.

Prime is an Alpha, but also intelligent and bound by his sense of duty to serve as a marine. I'm sure he's encountered superior officers he's found lacking and still he managed to follow orders. If it were an impossibility, his career choice would have been rather stupid. And Prime us anything but, despite being an impulsive Alpha.

That said, I'm sure there are a lot of errors in my little rant. But it's too much fun to rant to not share.

Well, for some reason it never gets mentioned that Prime and/or Brian are wolf shifters in Juno ...

head scratch.

JAR

No I agree he would have met superior officers he found lacking, but in this scenario he respects Brian and capitulates to him. That's what I don't think would happen with an alpha wolf under the command of an officer who doesn't act like one.

You both are so smart! I can't think this stuff. All of this is true, but maybe because Brian doesn't act like a superior, Prime, well, Loope doesn't feel threatened by his authority? He does at one point mention questioning the orders in an effort to keep the young officer from getting into further trouble. So while he respects the ranking, he's still showing signs of leadership...ahh I don't know. 

As for the dream thing, here's your laugh: 

Remember when Colt had his dream and Maryann was dressed in Star Trek outfit? Well, my brain went on a bender that time. There is an Ep. in Star Trek where Piccard had lost time, and travelled through time to his past and future, and Q told him it was all a dream. I spent hours trying to decide if there was any correlation between the two scenarios, 'cause why else would Mayann be dressed like that!! This is what you fall over laughing for! I love how everything is something, but maybe nothing this is, but it warps my brain some times.. It all good though! 

At least though, I get to read up on stuff I didn't otherwise know (Juno), so there's that! 

• Like 2