http://i.ytimg.com/vi/HlRJRVa_ulw/maxresdefault.jpg

Imagine: Autobahn without speed limits ... 250km/h is nearly as good as sex ... nearly.

It was a a damn nice car :o

I'm beginning to think LL and I are actually the same person...

Come on! If you say nothing, I'll assume it's a Volvo 740.

Sister from a different Mister? 

• Like 1

He would also hand over his responsibilities as most senior wolf shifter in the Marine Corps to a young eager ‘lost’ alpha wolf as he had been 40 years ago.

So maybe there's something about being a 'lost' alpha ... 

Oops ... I'm supposed to keep an aura of ambiguity about this ...

Ignore this comment.

Let's talk cars again.

The question is: Is that "lost" as in previously directionless?  Or "lost" as in an alpha that no one knew was an alpha (or no one realized was still alive)?

I read it 'lost' as in pack less and therefore without purpose. I just didn't think the corps could be an ersatz pack for that long. 40 years...

I don't know...a really good book I read recently had wolves in the marines where the most powerful alpha was the alpha of all in the corrps.  It could be like that with Lunn  He could have been the most senior/or most powerful wolf in the corps.  Marines seem to have a family or pack mentality so it could work...especially for the packless wolves who might have joined.  Just a thought...

I don't know...a really good book I read recently had wolves in the marines where the most powerful alpha was the alpha of all in the corrps.  It could be like that with Lunn  He could have been the most senior/or most powerful wolf in the corps.  Marines seem to have a family or pack mentality so it could work...especially for the packless wolves who might have joined.  Just a thought...

Kendall McKenna as well ;-)

Has no one else noticed that MetaDeaths 3 has posted?

We're busy talking cars and tampons!

But were the wolves known or not to the rest of the corps?

But were the wolves known or not to the rest of the corps?

I the other book they were known.  I was just wondering if it was a JAR variation on that sort of thing.  It might feed his alpha-ness to be in a position of some power in the corps. 

reading it twice while editing was more than enough for me. :pinch:

and I've just been sent ch. 5-7 to edit. :o

:read:  brace youself   :,(  :no:  :X

although ch. 7 wasn't too bad :unsure:

That does not sound promising :/  Right now I just want Colt to tell MaryAnn to go screw herself and get out of that nightmare he's in.  It's a good sign (for me) that at least he remembered CE...that he killed CE.  

Now about the new chapter:

Did anyone else find in odd that Adam could smell Colt's wine scent?  I thought that was an inner circle thing?  

Is it possible that there were more than one pack of wolves that could have become Colt's pack?  (e.g. Adam and his pack if Colt was in to bottoming for hairier "Alpha dog" types?) or was smelling the wine scent coincidental.  I have a hard time buying it being coincidental since there is almost nothing that is a coincidence in the Metaverse.

• Like 1

That does not sound promising :/  Right now I just want Colt to tell MaryAnn to go screw herself and get out of that nightmare he's in.  

All I can say is that you'll want to keep reading. Lots of questions answered in ch. 7 - and new ones arising. Typical JAR style...

• Like 3

I thought about Adam smelling him too. Since Colt didn't smell him (anything out of the ordinary that is...), my romantic side kicked in. Not that what happened to Colt was romantic, but if his wine scent is a sign of attraction and not just an incentive to ensure 'roid transference will occur, then couldn't the pack smelling him be based on attraction too?

Maybe Colt smells that way to wolves who are drawn to him?

I thought about Adam smelling him too. Since Colt didn't smell him (anything out of the ordinary that is...), my romantic side kicked in. Not that what happened to Colt was romantic, but if his wine scent is a sign of attraction and not just an incentive to ensure 'roid transference will occur, then couldn't the pack smelling him be based on attraction too?

Maybe Colt smells that way to wolves who are drawn to him?

Maybe...but I thought that Adam had to be convinced to go after Colt?  I didn't get the impression (from earlier chapters) that Adam was attracted to Colt.  Unless he was lying to himself ... and the person who sent him. 

• Like 2

One thing that I found both comforting and disturbing with ch 3 was the fact that Colt might be an outsider, but he's not a victim. He knows this period in his life is just to be endured until he can go on to live the life he'll choose for himself. This strength is perhaps his future Meta-ness showing. Still, it is heartbreaking to see someone at merely 16 be so closed off from other people. He's an island or rather an iceberg, afloat and adrift. No contact or real interaction.

So I really, really hope he can reach the red light of love (as long as he doesn't end up in Amsterdam...). The love from his wolves will guide him right.

• Like 1

One thing that I found both comforting and disturbing with ch 3 was the fact that Colt might be an outsider, but he's not a victim. He knows this period in his life is just to be endured until he can go on to live the life he'll choose for himself. This strength is perhaps his future Meta-ness showing. Still, it is heartbreaking to see someone at merely 16 be so closed off from other people. He's an island or rather an iceberg, afloat and adrift. No contact or real interaction.

So I really, really hope he can reach the red light of love (as long as he doesn't end up in Amsterdam...). The love from his wolves will guide him right.

I love the iceberg analogy; before you judge his 'non-victim' you might read chapter 4.

Writing this I started to wonder if MaryAnn hasn't made another mistake? If Colt is supposed to have killed himself at 13, why would he remember this incident at 16? Or is she trying to show him how terrible his life would have been, by showing him how terrible his life was? She did seem to use Adam to associate the pine scent to something very unpleasant.

Brain overload...

• Like 1

Writing this I started to wonder if MaryAnn hasn't made another mistake? If Colt is supposed to have killed himself at 13, why would he remember this incident at 16? Or is she trying to show him how terrible his life would have been, by showing him how terrible his life was? She did seem to use Adam to associate the pine scent to something very unpleasant.

Brain overload...

You ARE thinking like a Vampire Queen already  :devil: .