Figured I'd start a topic for my new short story, Reece's Choice. The first chapter has been posted and subsequent chapters will post every Tuesday morning until the story is complete (September 28th). The story is complete, which means there won't be any delays in posting.

[sharedmedia=stories:stories:4922]

Feel free to talk about the story in this thread!  I welcome Reviews and Likes as well. Enjoy the story!!!

I´ve enjoyed the first chapters as well. It´s looking like a good story, and Reece and Dave seem like great characters. Reece´s family or at least the older generation is just horrible, but the cousins seem much more open-minded and accepting. 

I've enjoyed the two first chapters so far. How many chapters do we have to look forward to ?

Glad you're enjoying the story! There's 7 chapters total, but some of them are only about 1500 words, since I broke the chapters up at natural breaks.

I´ve enjoyed the first chapters as well. It´s looking like a good story, and Reece and Dave seem like great characters. Reece´s family or at least the older generation is just horrible, but the cousins seem much more open-minded and accepting. 

Thanks! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the story so far, and the characters!  Reece's family definitely isn't my favorite, but I have to say I really like Josh :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow. This latest chapter definitely provoked a response! 

Sorry all that I'm behind on answering reviews. If you reviewed the last few chapters, you should have a response by the end of the week.

Thanks for reading!

If you missed the posting of the latest chapter, it can be found here:

Reece's Choice: Chapter Nine

This morning my partner and I did the weekly shopping. I only tag along to drive us to the shop and push the shopping-cart. When we were at the eggs I saw him pick up a carton, open it, look at the eggs, replace it and do the same with the next carton. I never noticed him doing that before.

I laughed out loud. A raised eyebrow was an invitation for an explanation. "Oh, just a story I read on GA the other day," I answered.

• Like 1

This morning my partner and I did the weekly shopping. I only tag along to drive us to the shop and push the shopping-cart. When we were at the eggs I saw him pick up a carton, open it, look at the eggs, replace it and do the same with the next carton. I never noticed him doing that before.

I laughed out loud. A raised eyebrow was an invitation for an explanation. "Oh, just a story I read on GA the other day," I answered.

I'm doing this all the time when I'm buying eggs. It made me grin, when I read this part.

• Like 1

I'm doing this all the time when I'm buying eggs. It made me grin, when I read this part.

I've never done this, but probably will think about it next time I buy eggs  :P

• Like 1

It never fails for me, that the first carton I pick up ALWAYS seems to have a broken egg in it. It's funny that you'd never noticed him checking the eggs before, isn't it amazing the things that get noticed once the "thought" is planted? I don't know if my hubby used to do it, but now he does.

So do I. It's rare that the first one I pick up doesn't have at least one broken egg. I like to add those little touches that I hope make the story feel a bit more real.

I've never done this, but probably will think about it next time I buy eggs  :P

Have you ever got home, go to grab an egg out of the carton, and realize it's broken? There's been once or twice I forget to check, and when I do, it never fails that when I go to use the eggs, there's a cracked or broken one.

• Like 1

It never fails for me, that the first carton I pick up ALWAYS seems to have a broken egg in it. It's funny that you'd never noticed him checking the eggs before, isn't it amazing the things that get noticed once the "thought" is planted? I don't know if my hubby used to do it, but now he does.

So do I. It's rare that the first one I pick up doesn't have at least one broken egg. I like to add those little touches that I hope make the story feel a bit more real.

Have you ever got home, go to grab an egg out of the carton, and realize it's broken? There's been once or twice I forget to check, and when I do, it never fails that when I go to use the eggs, there's a cracked or broken one.

No, I've never bought broken eggs. That's why I've never thought about checking them before buying. 

• Like 1

No, I've never bought broken eggs. That's why I've never thought about checking them before buying. 

Lucky!!!! Maybe it's more about the handling once they get to the store.... That very well could be it, because I find less broken ones at the store here in town than I do if I go to say.... Walmart

• Like 2