• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excellent chapter! :worship:

So now Nels and Milo are officially "together" ... Milo is showing a bit more aggressiveness ... but it seems like the drama is about to get messy ...

But anyway, YAY for Nels and Milo ... it was so cute the way Milo took care of Nelson when he was drunk, and how Milo actually initiated a kiss with Nelson, and the way he admitted that they were "together" ... so, so cute ... **sigh**

No cliffhanger, but I'm already itching for more ...

I like the chapter, too LB. I just wonder how Nelson's friends are going to react when he starts being nicer to Jame.

Nels and Milo together!!! Milo even said it twice, isn't that great? It was sweet that Milo took care of him when he was so drunk. Couldn't you tell he had a problem with Nelson's 'date' with Haily? And Nelson getting so bent out of shape about Theresa.

Loved the chapter. Waiting for more and hope to get it soon. :wub:

Meleth :ranger:

Edited by Meleth of Legolas

I loved this chapter, seemed like Milo's getting a little more sure of himself. He's telling Nels he's gotta do stuff too, like it's not just Milo that has to try. I did feel really sad for nels when Milo told him to leave :( I think Milo's gonna want Nels to stop drinking and getting high though, lol. Anyway else wonder if Brandon had ulterior motives for getting Nels alone? :D

I Love Milo!

I love the fact that he's putting the braces on our friend Nelson. That being said I think this story is about to get very interesting. What will Hailey do? Will Joe still be a friend. Will Caleb see this as a betrayal and what about Brandon Sholer? HMM HMM.

Great chapter Mr. Luka.

GREEN

Oh the drama. I feel like there should be an announcer at the end.."Tune in next time to see just how well Nels does at being nice to Assface". I think Nels should be a motivational speaker. Speak it and believe it brother.."We are together, we are together, we are togethere"

I thought it was very sweet with Milo calling out at the football game to say hi to Nels. Especially after Milo didn't give Nels much encouragement that he would. Milo took such good care of him later too.

Great stuff.

I would have to think that Nels emotions were on a serious roller coaster with trying to pick up clues from Milo's behavior on where he stood. Milo kisses him, Milo disses him, Milo says hi to him, Milo tells him to leave, Milo comes to his house to tell him that they are together. Its like Nels has his own "he love me, he loves me not" flower in real life.

Hmm..tuning in next time to see if Nels can be decent to Assface, and just how his friends take that. (if in fact that is where Dom leads us)

Cheers

I'm not sure on where I stand with Nelson or Milo as characters, as I find them both to be of poor taste.

First, I thought Nelson was FAR too forward wiht Milo when he pretty stated their being "together" as fact, without first consulting Milo. I thought even less of Milo when he told Nelson to "Just leave," but at least he had the decency to physically show up at Nelson's house to explain what happened... and I fully agree with him. So far Milo has been making all of the sacrifices, so now it's Nelson's turn.

I also thought that Sholer had an ulterior motive, as he seemed VERY interested in getting Nelson alone in his room, as well as getting him to stay the night. That situation could go a number of ways though, ranging from Sholer getting some, to the football team knowing about Nelson and Milo, and I think we all know how that situation could turn out.

That was a great chapter i really enjoyed it. I can really understand why nelson is starting to get upset with milo though. I dont think i could take all the hot and cold. Am i the only one who thought for a second there that brandon was going to seduce nels in his drunken state cause i really thought that was going to happen. It would have been a interesting twist. And damn it would be hot too. I mean who doesnt like football players.

Am i the only one who thought for a second there that brandon was going to seduce nels in his drunken state cause i really thought that was going to happen.
I think rknapp mentioned the same thing, and I agree (not that a lurker like me can claim any expertise). It just seemed like Nelson assumed that the invitation to Brandon's room was to smoke a joint, while Shoeler went out of his way to make sure he'd stay. Does that sound like heterosexual male-bonding to anyone? :sheep:

Rknapp: While I do think it was in bad taste for Nelson to just declare himself and Milo an item, I think it fits his character. I'm not saying he's necessarily rude or a complete idiot when it comes to relationships, but you have to admit he is a fish out of water when things aren't fitting his ideal. He's jealous, ashamed [remember, it's Teresa], and desperate for Milo to make it official. It's becoming clearer that sometimes he just doesn't think.

What separates Nelson from Quinn, Owen and Rory isn't necessarily his aggressive "role" and confidence in the relationship, he speaks his mind, even when it's least appropriate.

Back to the chapter... Hangover aside, I loved that image of Milo tracing lines on Nelson's back. Who wouldn't want to wake up to that?

Anyway else wonder if Brandon had ulterior motives for getting Nels alone?

Yes! I was definitely thought something was up with Brandon ;) . In fact for a bit there when Nels was talking about how hard it was to walk I was thinking he'd slipped him a roofie.

I would have to think that Nels emotions were on a serious roller coaster with trying to pick up clues from Milo's behavior on where he stood. Milo kisses him, Milo disses him, Milo says hi to him, Milo tells him to leave, Milo comes to his house to tell him that they are together. Its like Nels has his own "he love me, he loves me not" flower in real life.

I think I just realized something; I don't like Milo. He just gets on my nerves something awful! Quinn and Rory could be irritating but we basically "lived inside their heads" so you kind of had to love them. With Milo <_< . I really hope he grows on me, I mean some of the scenes in this chapter like the waiting for an hour in the car, washing Nel's face, rubbing his back, should have had me gushing over "how sweet Milo is", but really while I thought it was sweet and I was glad for Nels, it didn't ingratiate Milo to me as much as it probably should have. I hope we see more of his "good side" in the next chapter.

I also thought that Sholer had an ulterior motive, as he seemed VERY interested in getting Nelson alone in his room, as well as getting him to stay the night. That situation could go a number of ways though, ranging from Sholer getting some, to the football team knowing about Nelson and Milo, and I think we all know how that situation could turn out.

Hmmm, I don't see that. Nels seems to get along really well with the football team, Caleb wouldn't like it and everyone seems scared of him, and there's really nothing to indicate that they (the football team) might have found out about Nels and Milo.

That was a great chapter i really enjoyed it. I can really understand why nelson is starting to get upset with milo though. I dont think i could take all the hot and cold.

Maybe that's what irritates me about him.

Am i the only one who thought for a second there that brandon was going to seduce nels in his drunken state cause i really thought that was going to happen. It would have been a interesting twist. And damn it would be hot too. I mean who doesnt like football players.

Well as far as "sporty boys" go, I'd go with swimmers/soccer players :wub: (quite a toss up, swimmers probably edging them out), baseball players, basketball players, THEN football players. This may just be because of my perception and level of attraction toward them at my old high school, but unless it really was a unique environment that's probaby how'd I rank them.

What separates Nelson from Quinn, Owen and Rory isn't necessarily his aggressive "role" and confidence in the relationship, he speaks his mind, even when it's least appropriate.

Wooo Hoo! :2thumbs: welcome to the forum Ken :D

Excellent point about Nels just speaking his mind regardless! I think it's cute, and probably very necessary with Milo....Just imagine if it had been Quinn and Milo! :blink: We'd have been on chapter 57 before they even spoke to each other.

Back to the chapter... Hangover aside, I loved that image of Milo tracing lines on Nelson's back. Who wouldn't want to wake up to that?

I dunno, but I'll take their spot :P:boy:

Loved the chapter, can't wait for the next one!

Kevin

Edited by AFriendlyFace

Hellllooo? Were you people reading this chapter? Nels is practically outing himself all over the place! His almost encounter wBrandon. His declaration to Milo of BoyFriendHood (is that a word?) in the middle of the Homecoming dance floor? Let's look at his conversation w/Joe in the Jeep while they were 'warming up". He was right on the verge there....not to mention Joe's comments about Nels. Am I imagining things or is Joe just a wee bit jealous of all the attention Nels gets? Maybe that is why he is in such a foul mood so often?

Just guessing here, but I am picturing Nels and Milo establishing a public 'friendship' dealing w/ and overcoming the various friend issues (Caleb, Assface, etc.) only to have Nels outted thru Brandon and/or Joe (interaction w/them, not either of them announcing it to the world....) leaving Milo in that twilight zone of "Is he or isn't he?" Naturally, Milo will back off to preserve his rep, Nels will be miserable, and Caleb, Hailey & Joe, after first being hesitant, will come to the rescue, 'cuz, after all, they each love Nels. Milo, realizing that he is being ostracized worse for failing to stand by Nels than Nels is for being out, will finally tell Jame to go f**k himself and try to reconcile w/Nels.

Question is, will Nels take him back? (Here come the acronyms....) Or, will Nels seek solace in the arms of his new boyfriend, Brandon? NBITE? Or, Joe? NJITE? Or, is NMITE destiny? Let us not forget how inevitable Luke seemed for awhile before Dom pulled a 180 on us w/Seth. Could he be setting us up for something similar with....Jame? (Ok, no f*****g way on that one....I mean, really, he is Assface.) And, the nme of the story is With Trust.

On another matter, I don't think Nels was a very good date to Hailey. Talk about receiving mixed signals there....poor girl. He doesn't take care of her Friday night after the game, getting too trashed to protect her virtue. Thank goodness for Caleb. (We should all have a Caleb in our lives...) Then, at the dance, he ditches her to go home instead of the after parties? There she is, all dressed up and nowhere to go (or, nobody to go with...). Sure, she can go to Hangman w/Cabeb and Joe....and Rebecca and Kelly? Yeah, that would be comfortable...not. So, new dress, pretty hair, all gussied up and she gets...a few dances and a "Uh, I am tired. Going home. 'Nite." No wonder she got drunk Friday and almost made it w/Derek. If I am Hailey, I am having a serious talk w/Nels on the 'morrow. "I mean, for God's sake, You did it w/Teresa Mildrum last year when you were drunk! Sober, you can't even kiss me? What is up w/that? I get it that we're just friends, but, you're a guy and we know how teenage guys are.....other than throwing you down on the ground and ripping your clothes off, I am pretty much putting a neon sign on my forehead saying, 'Nels, take me, I am yours' and you're ignoring it. What's up w/you? Are you Gay?! Oh, God! I get it! You are!"

Hmmm, can't wait for Ch. 10.

Hurry up, Dom. Quit goofing off. :lol:

Milo is so cute with the things he does, like the circles on Nelson's back, waiting in the car and cleaning his face. I can understand why some people would dislike Milo with his constantly changing attitude towards Nelson, however under Milo's issues it's obvious he's an awesome guy. Who wouldn't want a sweet, cute, intelligent and rich guy? :P

It's good that Nelson is far more assertive, insightful and honest than Quinn, Rory and to some extent Owen were, it shows just how well Dom writes when he can write so well from either perspective.

This story just keeps getting better and better and i have to ask, is it to soon to ask for chapter 10? 0:)

I Love Milo!

I love the fact that he's putting the braces on our friend Nelson. That being said I think this story is about to get very interesting. What will Hailey do? Will Joe still be a friend. Will Caleb see this as a betrayal and what about Brandon Sholer? HMM HMM.

Great chapter Mr. Luka.

GREEN

My thougths exactly, Green read my thoughts. Really great story Dom. At first I thought I would not like the story, but its turning out pretty good. I am getting hooked like I was with The Lo(N)g Way and Dessert Dropping . Overall great story can't wait to read the next chapter.

rekop1

Hellllooo? Were you people reading this chapter? Nels is practically outing himself all over the place! His almost encounter wBrandon. His declaration to Milo of BoyFriendHood (is that a word?) in the middle of the Homecoming dance floor? Let's look at his conversation w/Joe in the Jeep while they were 'warming up". He was right on the verge there....not to mention Joe's comments about Nels.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that for a guy "in the closet", Nelson sure does some strange things.

Quite a few of his actions in earlier chapters puzzled me, such as going after Milo the way he did. That just didn't seem like a normal closet case to me. On the other hand, Nelson is out to his family, though not by choice.

I do agree that Nelson came darn close to outing himself to Joe, but it's awfully easy to slip up when wasted.

As for Milo, I really liked the way he took care of Nelson. On the other hand, there is no way I could tolerate the mixed signals. I'm not saying he's bad, just that I couldn't deal with that.

I liked the way that both Milo and Nelson were jealous. That was both funny and cute!

I'm thinking that things are about to get dramatic on several fronts. Several key characters (all of whom have the potential to be major antagonists) were either absent or barely mentioned in this and the previous chapter:

Milo's Father

Emily Hill (Fiance)

Juanita

The Goat

Question is, will Nels take him back? (Here come the acronyms....) Or, will Nels seek solace in the arms of his new boyfriend, Brandon? NBITE? Or, Joe? NJITE? Or, is NMITE destiny? Let us not forget how inevitable Luke seemed for awhile before Dom pulled a 180 on us w/Seth. Could he be setting us up for something similar with....Jame? (Ok, no f*****g way on that one....I mean, really, he is Assface.) And, the nme of the story is With Trust.

Yes, the title is "With Trust", but let's not forget that it doesn't say WHO is with Trust. Could be the Goat for all we know... MATGITE :devil:

Seriously though, I'm wondering if the title has more significance than Milo's surname. Could a main theme of this story be trust, as in fidelity, reliability, etc?

Now that they are together, will Nelson get wasted and cheat? Brandon would be my guess if so.

As for someone being outed.. I'm guessing again, but I think Nelson (especially given past behaviour) will be found out, and Jame ("assface") will find out, and then out Nelson.

I'm not sure on where I stand with Nelson or Milo as characters, as I find them both to be of poor taste.

I agree. I think everyone but Milo went back to dick-dom in this chapter. What a bunch of disagreeable jerks, and Nelson is leading the herd. This guy doesn't have a compassionate bone in his body. Everything, and I mean every single thing, is about him. He doesn't take into consideration what anyone else wants. He's a self-centered little shit. Milo is the only one with any sense of compassion, and he's really just scared.

Now, that's not to say it's not a great story. It is. I think Dom is an excellent writer, and he's putting himself and us in a spot to make some really big changes. But he's done this before. And if I can offer just a little criitique -- not criticism, but critique -- there is a formula here: One terribly insecure guy, one pretty nice guy, one hateful shit. It was that way in TOU and DD (in both cases the hateful guy was slightly redeemed in the last chapter), less so in TLW (Taylor wasn't all that bad).

I'm eager to see if/how Dom will clean Nels up -- there's a lot of cleaning if you ask me. Joe, Hailley and the rest of them may be beyond help, but I bet Dom can redeem even them.

Journeyman

MATGITE :P

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that for a guy "in the closet", Nelson sure does some strange things.

I have to agree with CJames here. As a person who spent many, many years "in the closet" and only coming to terms with things in my late twenties, I find Nelson to be pretty "out". And he had better watch his little slip-ups around Haley. If she hasn't already guessed, I'd say her "woman's intuition" is pretty darn weak or totally askew.

What a bunch of disagreeable jerks, and Nelson is leading the herd. This guy doesn't have a compassionate bone in his body. Everything, and I mean every single thing, is about him. He doesn't take into consideration what anyone else wants. He's a self-centered little shit. Milo is the only one with any sense of compassion, and he's really just scared.

Well-said! Dom has characterized these high-school aged teens perfectly!

I have a feeling Nelson is going to be making a little slip-up, and lose Milo's trust:

I watched Brandon Shoeler

I'm actually very hopeful for a Nels/Brandon hookup...even if just for a one nighter :2thumbs: .

Both Milo & Nels are both so young, and new at the 'Gay' thing. It's best they take a few appetizers (like Brandon, Andre, & Daniel) before they get to the main course (MNITE!!).

Take Care®,

Vic

It's best they take a few appetizers (like Brandon, Andre, & Daniel) before they get to the main course (MNITE!!).

The problem with too many tantalizing appetizers is that instead of whetting the appetite, they fill you up so you are no longer in need of the main course! :(

Or worse, the chef gets tired of keeping the main course warm and waiting for you and it is served up to someone else. Hopefully that won't happen to Nelson.

MATGITE :P

I have to agree with CJames here. As a person who spent many, many years "in the closet" and only coming to terms with things in my late twenties, I find Nelson to be pretty "out". And he had better watch his little slip-ups around Haley. If she hasn't already guessed, I'd say her "woman's intuition" is pretty darn weak or totally askew.

As a formerly deeply closeted guy myself (I was 19 before I even came out to myself, seriously!)

Nelson's actions sure don't strike me as being deeply closeted.

I have a feeling Nelson is going to be making a little slip-up, and lose Milo's trust:

I wouldn't be surprised. I think there is another possibility too: How is Milo going to react if he finds out that Nelson has spilled the beans, not only about Milo's sexuality, but about that painting of Nelson?

Nelson has already done the latter: He told Chad and Chad's Girlfriend all about it. I'm betting that Milo won't bee too thrilled to find out about that, especially as he needs to be able to trust Nelson to keep their relationship secret.

BTW, Dom did say that this story might run beyond the planned number of chapters, if one of the characters bites him on the ass. I'd say that there is a very good chance of this occurring, especially for one particular character, as Goats are known to do that (and this one has already tried to eat Milo's clothes, while Milo was wearing them).

Ok, stupid question time. Has Dom ever mentioned why the hell Milo goes by that name, like why his freinds don't call him Thompson? I assume it will be discussed later in the story if he hasn't yet....I just wanna make sure I haven't missed something. :blink:

I was just wondering, there's all this talk of Nels not acting like a 'deeply' closeted guy but um...Dom never said he was, he's out to his family, whether he wanted to be at first or not is irrelevant. He seems to me to be pretty comfortable in his sexuality, but just doesn't want to be out at school.

I was just wondering, there's all this talk of Nels not acting like a 'deeply' closeted guy but um...Dom never said he was, he's out to his family, whether he wanted to be at first or not is irrelevant. He seems to me to be pretty comfortable in his sexuality, but just doesn't want to be out at school.

I agree with Ben ... although I'd pretty much agree with anything Ben says ... *giggling like a little school girl*

Anywho, I don't think Nelson is deeply closeted at all ... he just isn't ready to come out to his friends yet, but I don't think he's petrified of it like Milo (or Quinn) ... I think he figures it will happen at some point, but isn't going to lose too much sleep over it.

Anywho, I don't think Nelson is deeply closeted at all ... he just isn't ready to come out to his friends yet, but I don't think he's petrified of it like Milo (or Quinn) ... I think he figures it will happen at some point, but isn't going to lose too much sleep over it.

I have to disagree with you here. You just have to go back to Ch. 5 and see how closeted Nelson is and how he reacted before his father calmed him down gives some indication thereof.

Being the only gay guy in Heywell was something I could live with. Being the only guy in Heywell who the whole town knew about was not something I thought I could handle. Not now. But even being completely outed wouldn