Most Famous Cartoon Animals Characters:

Who is more famous as a Cartoon Animal Character?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more famous as a Cartoon Animal Character?

• Mickey Mouse- Disney
    • Bugs Bunny- Looney Tunes
    • Pikachu- Pokemon
    • Snoopy- Peanuts
    • Other- Explain

Currently, there are a few Cartoon/Anime Animal Characters, who have been around for at least 3 decades and star in their respective series.

Who do think is more popular?

And yes, I am bias towards the electric mouse :P

Edited by W_L
  • Site Administrator

While it was a tough choice because all of the ones mentioned are well known, I went with Bugs Bunny. I think Bugs has maintained a higher profile than than Mickey Mouse (even if Mickey has been around for longer), the decider being Bugs's appearance in a few movies over the last couple of decades. Pikachu is popular with a niche crowd (that includes me), but Pokemon doesn't have the broad appeal that the old Mickey and Bugs cartoons have. Snoopy is the outsider in the list because too many young people today don't read newspapers...which is where most of Snoopy's appearances have been over the last couple of decades.

Besides Tom and Jerry, other honourable mentions have to go to The Dog from Footrot Flats (which, I'll concede, is a regional cartoon for those who don't live in my area), Peabody (from Peabody and Sherman), and Garfield (everyone should know who he is).

• Like 1

I would assume that Mickey Mouse is the most famous, simply because both the older and younger generation is likely familiar with him. He's been around the longest (I believe).

However, I imagine if this poll were to be taken again another decade or two from now, Pikachu will win in a landslide.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I'm going to go with my favorite print cartoon characters over video. Would have to be a toss up between Garfield and Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes. Much better memories of reading these cartoons then what is put on the tv. 

Then again.......I'm old :P

• Like 2

Okay, I had to change my vote. If I had to choose a cartoon character right now that is a famous world icon, it'd have to be Disney's Mickey Mouse. Not only has he starred in many films, but he has also become a symbol of Disney and is the first in a long line of amazing characters from Disney. Without Mickey, we probably would never have gotten Donald Duck, Goofy, the Disney Princesses, and many more. :)

Hmm... if Bugs Bunny manages to beat out Mickey, maybe the latter can claim to be the most influential cartoon character.

• Like 1

It would be a strange coincidence if your husband was a brony.  :P

Drew, I think I've seen your pony form:

blueberry_pie___mlp_fim_oc_by_zafara1222

Aww, my little blueberry pie :P

I would assume that Mickey Mouse is the most famous, simply because both the older and younger generation is likely familiar with him. He's been around the longest (I believe).

However, I imagine if this poll were to be taken again another decade or two from now, Pikachu will win in a landslide.

I'll be the trailblazer then, the yellow electric mouse will beat the 100 year old Disney mouse

• Like 3

Well when I say MLP, I mean the old 80s movies, not this new junk and especially not the generation before the current trend. :P

I really like Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, Winnie the Pooh. :D

My favorite MLP would be... Tic Tac Toe. 

Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse? Nah, way too goody goody for my liking. I prefer someone with a bit of attitude and fallibility like Donald or Daffy. Ducks seem to have the monopoly on this type of character.

• Like 1