Super Bowl Li - Who Are You Rooting For?

Super Bowl LI: Patriots Vs. Falcons - Pick a Winner!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Your Pick to Win?

• New England Patriots
    • Atlanta Falcons

Please see subject(s).

And...go!  :D

(ETA: WHY does the title get auto-corrected?  :/  I want it to be able to display the proper Roman numeral "LI", and while the poll question cooperates, the thread title won't, not even after I try to fix it.)

Edited by MJ85

Atlanta - although out of all the NFL teams (not that I even watch the sport...) I've always liked Green Bay best, then since Cincinnati Bengals are close, they're my second team. Neither of them are in there though and I've never been a fan of New England. I couldn't even tell you anything about Atlanta, so my vote is more or less a vote against NE than a vote for Atlanta for sure. lol.

• Site Administrator

(ETA: WHY does the title get auto-corrected?  :/  I want it to be able to display the proper Roman numeral "LI", and while the poll question cooperates, the thread title won't, not even after I try to fix it.)

The forum software is configured to convert thread titles to title-case. It's to prevent those all-caps thread titles.

Atlanta - although out of all the NFL teams (not that I even watch the sport...) I've always liked Green Bay best, then since Cincinnati Bengals are close, they're my second team. Neither of them are in there though and I've never been a fan of New England. I couldn't even tell you anything about Atlanta, so my vote is more or less a vote against NE than a vote for Atlanta for sure. lol.

Guessing it doesn't matter that the Falcons beat your favored Packers (quite badly at that) to earn their trip? :P

My avatar answered it :P

I actually like Matt Ryan, he would be a great trade for my team after we win the Super Bowl and Brady retires or does the Manning thing and goes into semi-retirement for a new QB.

Plus, Matt Ryan used to play for Boston College, :D

Guessing it doesn't matter that the Falcons beat your favored Packers (quite badly at that) to earn their trip? :P

Beat them like a drum, I'm afraid.. :( At least the Steelers isn't in there either, I detest the Steelers. (I know, for someone that doesn't even watch the NFL, I have strong opinions..) lol. The husband watches all the sports that he can at all levels, so I guess I can't help catching a few moments here and there and catch some news articles or be an unwilling participant at the table when he talks sports.. lol. 

^ Sounds a lot like us Lions fans up here in the Mitten. But hey, at least your guys are making a second trip to the Super Bowl - we've yet to make one. :P

Well, look at it the other way, you are both better than Philly Eagles or Cleveland Browns :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, well would you look at that - sometimes the minority has it right all along. :D

Thank you, now this bear shall solve another mystery

You mean, who the other two Patriots voters were? :P LOL. One down, one to go I suppose...

I went into this favoring them, though having seen what Atlanta could really do during the NFC Playoffs (didn't get much of a chance to see them during the regular season), they had me convinced that they'd have been a worthy winner if they had instead. Plus I don't have anything against the Falcons at all.

That said, I was watching the game with a rabid Pats hater raving for Atlanta, so the big early lead wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing to sit through. :/

Edited by MJ85

You mean, who the other two Patriots voters were? :P LOL. One down, one to go I suppose...

I went into this favoring them, though having seen what Atlanta could really do during the NFC Playoffs (didn't get much of a chance to see them during the regular season), they had me convinced that they'd have been a worthy winner if they had instead. Plus I don't have anything against the Falcons at all.

That said, I was watching the game with a rabid Pats hater raving for Atlanta, so the big early lead wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing to sit through. :/

It's Matt, me, and you, I am just trying to figure out who is our mystery pats supporter

On the other hand, James's unfortunate Fail-con meme prophecy now bears fruit. :P But I'll be nice and won't post any of them here.

Instead, I'll go for one of the variety that I was truly looking forward to...  :gikkle:  :devil:

16406484_1294610500632607_75109797100649

(I would've posted one that I saw that had five Kevin Hart reactions, but: 1. It has a mis-spelling in the first one. 2. It's HUGE, maybe twice as large as the one right above. :/)