On 8/1/2017 at 10:40 PM, Wesley8890 said:

Ok so I noticed no one has talked about episode 2. I'm wondering if anyone agrees that theon's reaction was due to a PTSD attack. Also Nymeria returned and left again.

I think that's fairly likely.  His time with Bolton was extremely traumatic, creating a secondary personality.  I think this could likely be PTSD or even a reversion to that secondary  personality.  

Spoiler

I think episode 3 blew episode 2 out of the water.  You get the ramifications of what happened in 2, as well as some major pieces moving forward.  The Queen of Thorns has been one of my favorite supporting characters for seasons.  It'll be tragic to see her go, but great that she got the last laugh, as well as a dignified parting from the show.  Now that Dani is on the ropes (at least, on the ropes as much as someone with 3 dragons can be), it'll be curious to see the pendulum swing.  Cersei is definitely looking good right now compared to the beginning of the season and she has the trickster maester at her side (whatever his name is).  

Ready for Episode 4!  Even if I probably won't watch it for a day or two.  Also, at what point is something not a spoiler around here?  Haha

Just now, Drew Espinosa said:

His name is Qyburn, and he is no longer a maester, as he was stripped of his chain by the Citadel for his "unorthodox" studies.

Yeah...that guy.  I just refer to him as the trickster maester.  He may have been stripped of the title, but he definitely has the role under Cersei.  Though he will always have some of my dislike for...whatever he did to bring back the Mountain.  I liked Oberon...

5 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

ok i haven't watched anything in the last 3 season's so i'll take a very wild stab at it :P ned stark's father:gikkle:

Ned father was burned alive by Danys grandfather along with his brother Brandon. Also if pre eclampsia is considered natural causes there are three deaths by n.c. 

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Site Administrator

:blink: So thoughts on Episode 4?  

Spoiler

Is Jaime dead?  Yay or nay?  I think nay. :no: 

Spoiler

Another question... should Jon Snow "bend the knee"?  

13 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

:blink: So thoughts on Episode 4?  

Loved it! :D

Spoiler

I loved the Starks, but then the Red Wedding happened. :( It's always possible that the writers could have Jaime killed off. However, I hope he lives.

Spoiler

Jon wouldn't be the first King in the North to bend the knee, as Daenerys pointed out. I think, Jon should wait, and ask for the views of his lords, and make a decision based on their counsel.

Excellent episode.  I saw all of the hype before I got to watch, but it definitely lived up to it.

Spoiler

Dany has been getting it handed to her since she made it to Westeros.  She's pretty much out of allies that are somewhat local.  Seeing her come in and wreak havoc was a great swing of the pendulum and she learned about some of what her enemy is capable of.  To answer one of the questions posed, I don't think Jaime is going to be done yet.  I feel like it'd be a rather anticlimactic ending if he is (compared to getting torched).  It could be that I just don't want him gone yet, but I feel like he still has a role to play.  If nothing else, he still has to unveil what the Queen of Thorns told him.  Can't waste that last word from an amazing woman.  As for bending the knee...I'm still expecting a little more than knee bending between those two, but only time will tell haha.

I'd have loved for it to keep going, but they did it very well.  Looking forward to 5!

• Like 1

Okay, I need to rant for a little bit.

Spoiler

I am deeply annoyed with the hate Daenerys and her army have been getting. I'm now seeing comments painting her and her army as savages and comments painting the Lannister Army as the paragons on the civility in war.

This is especially rich, considering what the Lannister Army has done in the past.

• When the Reynes of Castamere rebelled against the Lannister, Tywin had his army destroy them- he spared no one.
  • Tywin ordered his army to sack King's Landing during Robert's Rebellion- they pillaged, raped and killed many civilians, and Ser Gregor (the Mountain) killed the infant Prince Aegon and raped and killed Princess Elia.
  • During the War of the Five Kings, Tywin ordered his army to pillage the Riverlands.

All these acts were barbaric and savage, yet somehow some GoT fans feel the need to say the Lannister Army are not savage or barbaric; it's only the Dothraki. :facepalm: 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Hide contents

I am deeply annoyed with the hate Daenerys and her army have been getting. I'm now seeing comments painting her and her army as savages and comments painting the Lannister Army as the paragons on the civility in war.

This is especially rich, considering what the Lannister Army has done in the past.

• When the Reynes of Castamere rebelled against the Lannister, Tywin had his army destroy them- he spared no one.
  • Tywin ordered his army to sack King's Landing during Robert's Rebellion- they pillaged, raped and killed many civilians, and Ser Gregor (the Mountain) killed the infant Prince Aegon and raped and killed Princess Elia.
  • During the War of the Five Kings, Tywin ordered his army to pillage the Riverlands.

All these acts were barbaric and savage, yet somehow some GoT fans feel the need to say the Lannister Army are not savage or barbaric; it's only the Dothraki. :facepalm: 

Those are all good points. Tywin was the orchestrator to many of thider more dispicable actions.

• Like 1
On 8/8/2017 at 3:48 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

Reveal hidden contents

And Cersei practically becomes moister than an oyster when she gets to torture someone for extended periods of time, especially for months or even years. 

• Like 1
On 8/9/2017 at 5:49 PM, Tiger said:

And Cersei practically becomes moister than an oyster when she gets to torture someone for extended periods of time, especially for months or even years. 

Omg Tim! You are so something else.

So I was online and I saw this thought I'd share

http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-thrones-jerome-flynn-bronn-dragon/?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=imdb&profileid=01

7 hours ago, Wesley8890 said:

Omg Tim! You are so something else.

So I was online and I saw this thought I'd share

http://www.tvguide.com/news/game-of-thrones-jerome-flynn-bronn-dragon/?rss=breakingnews&partnerid=imdb&profileid=01

You know that other site I had you join, NF? I can change my name in a little over a month. Drogon is one of the names I'm considering. :*)

Its Tuesday so I was wondering if anyone wants to discuss the ramifications that Gilly's discovery in the Citadel will have on the whole of Westeros. Also what about Randyll and Dickon fates? Also if you didn't know this the actor who played Dickon also starred in The Half-Blood Prince as Cormac MacLaggen, who had a funny scene where he was eating dragon balls, which led to the subsequent vomiting on Prof. Snapes shoes.

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Like 2
Spoiler

I find the quickly glossed over revelation by Gilly to be interesting.  It adds legitimacy to Jon as a true Targaryan instead of a bastard, which is important in a society built on family lines.  Who will win the future fight for the Iron Throne between our easy-to-hate Brother/Sister combo and the Aunt/Nephew that so many want to see?  Find out next time, after the Army of the Dead gets dealt with!

As for Randyll & Dickon...I'm not sure there was really an alternative.  And honestly...I didn't care that much when it did haha.

• Like 3