Feeling a little low tonight....

13 minutes ago, Comicality said:

((Hugs)) Thanks, you guys. I'm keeping my head up. Promise. :)

i just saw this post and wanted to give you a :hug: sometimes you don't have to swim, but you always have to a least float, face up

• Like 3

((Hugz)) Thanks you guys. The end of the month is only a week away. Things will be better by then, I think. Just...it's a looooong wait sometimes. I'm keeping my spirits up. Promise. :)

Your words definitely help.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

((Hugz))

Even though we won't get the worst of it, I'll be going through my very first hurricane in about 48 hours. I'm kinda nervous about it. Chicago doesn't have hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, or tornadoes. So...I'm not sure what any of this means. Just...'Irma'...be gentle with me. It's my first time. :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
35 minutes ago, Comicality said:

((Hugz))

Even though we won't get the worst of it, I'll be going through my very first hurricane in about 48 hours. I'm kinda nervous about it. Chicago doesn't have hurricanes, earthquakes, wildfires, or tornadoes. So...I'm not sure what any of this means. Just...'Irma'...be gentle with me. It's my first time. :P 

aaa ummm...didn't Chicago burn? and 2015 was a record year for tornadoes in Chicago with 29. 

sending hugs and wishes for a gentle ride :kiss:

• Like 2

Hehehe! Chicago burned a long LONG time ago! Like...so long ago that only GFD vampires remember it! LOL! And the tornadoes happened waaaaaay outside of Chicago. Like...after Chicago and Springfield...who can name a single town in Illinois? Yep, that's where the tornadoes happened. Still, my heart goes out to them too, as it's always a devastating disaster. But yeah...I've never experienced one for myself before. This is brand new to me.

We got extra food and water and stuff though. Hopefully that's enough.

My heart goes out to Cuba and Florida today though. And I wish them luck. Also to those who are rebuilding in Texas right now, and those to be affected in the future.

Honestly...if they told me to just uproot and start all over again somewhere else...I wouldn't know where to go. That'sa huge blow to someone's life. Sucks.

Chill out, Mother Nature! Damn! Hehehehe! 

• Like 3

been through 3 wildfires (scariest stuff ever!) 2 earthquakes (one in NH and one in MD), one hurricane in NJ and way too many tornadoes to count, at least 7. the most memorable was when i was about 14. i was babysitting (3yo, 18month old and a 4 month old). no basement, open fields on 3 sides. i was doing dishes and looking out the back window when i saw the green sky, and the funnel churning up the field. grab 3 kids, 1 puppy, (the cat was on its own) drag them, crying (me too) into the baby's closet, pulling the crib mattress over us. we heard the tornado go over the house. it picked up the rook some and moved it askew and ripps the front porch off. we stay right there until the got us out. 

stay safe!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
11 hours ago, Comicality said:

((Hugz))

Um . . . how close are you to the Florida Keys?

Don't mess with this stuff, Lovemuffin! Hurricanes are NO fun! I've only experienced a glancing blow by one (yes San Diego does get some wild weather sometimes despite the press) and that was uckfing SCARE-eee! BE CAREFUL!

I've survived El Niños, tornadoes, wildfires, earthquakes, Sacramento, AND the City Council. So I know how sssspooky these things can be! 

• Like 3

Yikes! You guys have been through a lot! I used to have NIGHTMARES about tornadoes, specifically. Not just as a kid, either. Terrifies me for some reason.

Anyway, thanks again! My mom, aunt, cousins, and I, are fairly close to two shelters if things get bad. They're filling up fast with people fleeing Florida, though. We'll be keeping the news on all day just in case things change course. We're just now getting our first taste of the storms now. Lots of wind and rain and fast moving clouds, but nothing any worse than I've seen in Chicago before. From recent reports, the storm might move West of us, and wemight only get some 'tropical storm' damage from it. I'll let you know what happens. 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Comicality said:

Yikes! You guys have been through a lot! I used to have NIGHTMARES about tornadoes, specifically. Not just as a kid, either. Terrifies me for some reason.

Anyway, thanks again! My mom, aunt, cousins, and I, are fairly close to two shelters if things get bad. They're filling up fast with people fleeing Florida, though. We'll be keeping the news on all day just in case things change course. We're just now getting our first taste of the storms now. Lots of wind and rain and fast moving clouds, but nothing any worse than I've seen in Chicago before. From recent reports, the storm might move West of us, and wemight only get some 'tropical storm' damage from it. I'll let you know what happens. 

Thanks for the update, Comsie.

As of this morning Irma has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm last I heard. Still very messy but not a Cat 4 cataclysm like before. Regardless, be careful, Fearless Leader. 

Yeah, I think the most 'fun' I've ever had was the 7.0 Earthquake we had back a few years ago. It felt like I was suddenly on a bucking bronco while sitting in my easy-chair. Fun times. :/

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..