The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Morning all (just gone midnight in the UK)

Hope all is well with everyone.

All good here, just not used to working. At least I'm off on holiday for 10 days from Monday.

Take care all xx

Are you coming in from work or going out to work? 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Coming home. I usually start about 10am and finish  about 9pm. I work 45hrs over 5 days with 2 days off per week.

As long as public transport running OK I'm home about 10pm.

Being a Chef, it's a great job with a great wage.

I see okay.  45 hours?  i will not complain anymore about having to work 35 hours in 5 days.  I hope you have a nice holiday!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
48 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Have a great four days, tim! 

gonna try a new Mexican place not far from us on Friday.. Thursday is dentist (then Monday too)  other wise just chilling out i think.

• Love 4

Hey ... one can dream and hope.

Actually sat down to actually write words on a page this morning. Managed a few hundred before i went off in search of a good ringtone ... I dont want to miss a thing and wondering what kissing a steven tyler mouth would be like, led to listening to Pachelbel's canon in D by The Brooklyn Duo .. such a great arrangement for cello and piano. i love it ... then i managed to write some, before coming here ... i have zero self control, honestly.

Rambling brain, messy thoughts, easily led astray

have a wonderful Wed nes Day.   :)     now to finish cold coffee i made two hours ago .....

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Reader1810 said:

I don’t know, but this made me smile. 

Shiny things… :D 

yes ... i like bright, shiny things ... my character needed a ringtone to wake him .. so i had to go and find one... then i thought about which and what and how do you download those to your own phone and which one would i like to have? 

no self control.

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
6 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

no self control.

I do that while I’m reading. I come across a word or a place I’m not familiar with, so I pause reading to look it up. One search leads to another and another and another. I have to remind myself to go back to my book. :P 

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Hey ... one can dream and hope.

Actually sat down to actually write words on a page this morning. Managed a few hundred before i went off in search of a good ringtone ... I dont want to miss a thing and wondering what kissing a steven tyler mouth would be like, led to listening to Pachelbel's canon in D by The Brooklyn Duo .. such a great arrangement for cello and piano. i love it ... then i managed to write some, before coming here ... i have zero self control, honestly.

Rambling brain, messy thoughts, easily led astray

have a wonderful Wed nes Day.   :)     now to finish cold coffee i made two hours ago .....

3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I do that while I’m reading. I come across a word or a place I’m not familiar with, so I pause reading to look it up. One search leads to another and another and another. I have to remind myself to go back to my book. :P 

I'm really good a squirreling too. My brain will only focus on one thing for just so long. Shiny things are fun. 

Right now I need whatever distraction I can get. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
47 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

week / month / summer have been bonkers insane and at a point when things normally start to settle down they're still crazy...   making me crazy, and making my blood pressure go up  :(

Wishing you better days ahead, Fae. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I'm really good a squirreling too. My brain will only focus on one thing for just so long. Shiny things are fun. 

Right now I need whatever distraction I can get. 

I was looking for something to distract you and found this. My only question is how did this discovery come about? :huh: 

https://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/604025/86298208.jpg

Edited by Reader1810
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
16 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Well, i now know they have male only private mental health hospitals in north western Scotland.

• Wow 2
12 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

week / month / summer have been bonkers insane and at a point when things normally start to settle down they're still crazy...   making me crazy, and making my blood pressure go up  :(

geez, i hope it does start to calm down soon ... lots of breaks and deep breathing.

• Like 1
On 8/24/2022 at 8:31 PM, kbois said:

Thank you for thinking of me. It was a good snort-chuckle. 

I just got back from my brother's. Mom's arm and hand started swelling, a sign her congestive heart failure is ramping up. When we changed her there was no urine output. I have a feeling I'll be bringing a couple changes of clothes when I go tomorrow night and will probably camp out on the couch. 

Grace and light to you and your family as your mom starts her journey.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..