The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
2 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Thanks chris... it's just a little blanket made with some brightly coloured mini skeins.  It's just knitted. i have some other projects to get done.. times sneaking up on me..

It’s getting to be blanket weather, and cardigan, too as I’m wearing mine right now. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s lovely, tim. :) 

Thanks.. it's just a little lap blanket .. have a huge blanket to finish and a scarf for Peter.. i gotta get moving.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s getting to be blanket weather, and cardigan, too as I’m wearing mine right now. 

i'm sitting under one.. it's cold in here already

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
23 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i'm sitting under one.. it's cold in here already

My cardigan is is enough so far — or so I thought. 

Wouldn’t you know it, but I’m getting a chill as I’m writing this. Time for some tea to warm me up…

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

that's a hard one.. i think do it however you wish so it's meaningful to you. People who know you well should feel that.  i hope you're okay?

So far doing good, one day at a time.

Hope all is well with you :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, kbois said:

Okay DiCers. Keep the positive thoughts flowing that this hurricane shifts south a little bit more. 

Got back from vacation early yesterday morning. All local hotel rooms already booked up. Driving several hours away isn't an option anymore as most gas stations are out of gas. Yes, we have a full tank, but if we leave we might be stuck not being able to get back. Still no guarantee of finding anything reasonable within driving distance.

Luckily I still have water. The county has already shut down the water to my mobile home park. Try explaining to pissed off residents that I can't do anything about it. Don't expect county services if you choose to stay in a MANDATORY evacuation zone. (All mobile home parks are level A which means they're the 1st to be issued). I did manage to persuade at least 4 residents who were planning on staying to leave. I still have a few diehards who insist on staying in the equivalent of a tin can.  

To top things off, just discovered my car battery is dead. That at least solves the dilemma of should we stay or go. 

Looks like we're in this for the long haul. Fingers crossed everyone. Fingers crossed.

Stay safe, sending positive thoughts to you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

From Venay Menon's column in the Toronto Star...

I see Tim Hortons is still having an identity crisis.

Unable to crack the secret to conjuring a half-decent cup of coffee that doesn’t taste like watery suffering, the company keeps flirting with clothing. It’s as if The Gap tried to boost its bottom line with chicken balls.

Thursday is National Coffee Day. To celebrate this java holiday, Timmies is dropping a… new line of merch? Yes, apparently, it’s like on National Hamburger Day, when McDonalds sells pneumatic drills.

This new line of leisure wear, which even the homeless would wave off with stink eye, falls under the “Tims Run Club” branding. I guess that makes sense. When I see a Tim Hortons, I run like hell in the opposite direction.

I regret stuffing Tim Hortons into its locker yet again. I don’t like bullying. But, honestly, why can’t they make a cup of coffee that does not make me want to jump off the CN Tower? After past criticisms, I’ve heard from many readers, some of whom defended the chain since, where they live in the country, there are no real joe alternatives. I sympathize. I really do.

But mediocrity by necessity is still mediocrity.

I don’t understand the cult of Timmies in our midst that voluntarily guzzles down this vile swill. Why are you people going on these daily Tims Runs? You’d be better off making your own coffee, even if you substitute marbles for beans. You’d be better off quitting caffeine and taking up hallucinogenics.

And if what they’re trying to force-feed you wasn’t bad enough, now the company is trying to dress you. Resist!

They should just shut their doors.  Once upon a time Tim Horton opened a donut shop... and it was WONDERFUL... now i'll only go there if i'm starving and there is no other option. They suck. And here is what you could be wearing!!!! 

image.thumb.png.5c24d97af60445d93f025a7edabf7de1.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
8 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and say Hi

just got back from the Doctor Visit

Was given 3 options 

1 - have a MRI 

2 - have another Surgery 

3 - go to Ohio State University Hospital for a 2nd opinion.

we talked about the options and decided to go with the 3rd one. i’m at peace with this choice. 

this has been so long to heal i wish it was over. 

to those that are in the Storms Path take care and stay safe. 

Sending positive thoughts to everyone

hope Ohio State can give you the help you need.. hang in there my friend xoxoxo

• Like 2
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Was given 3 options 

1 - have a MRI 

2 - have another Surgery 

we talked about the options and decided to go with the 3rd one. i’m at peace with this choice. 

to those that are in the Storms Path take care and stay safe. 

Sending positive thoughts to everyone

There's never anything wrong with seeking a second opinion. Hopefully that will lead to you getting healed. Take care, rick and 🤞for you.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Was given 3 options 

1 - have a MRI 

2 - have another Surgery 

Definitely save #2 for the last resort.  :(  Hope the 2nd opinion gives you better options.

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..