The Drop in Centre

Just now, Reader1810 said:

Love the colours in the afghan. :) 

oh.. that's nuthin.. it's got like 24 different colours in it.  It's just a lap blanket..  i'll take a pic when it's all done. i have 6 more colours to add.

• Love 2

Well, my long weekend got cut short. Yesterday a "downspout" hit the community I work at. To me it looked like a tornado. There was a lot of debris flying around, and it sure as hell looked like a funnel cloud. 

Luckily no one was hurt. However there are over 20 homes with some sort of damage, ranging from minor to one home nearly destroyed. 

I was at work until dark last night helping to clean up debris and went in this morning to do a better assessment. 

My heart goes out to my residents. Many of them don't have insurance. 

It's something I hope I never see again. 

• Fingers Crossed 4
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

Well, my long weekend got cut short. Yesterday a "downspout" hit the community I work at. To me it looked like a tornado. There was a lot of debris flying around, and it sure as hell looked like a funnel cloud. 

Luckily no one was hurt. However there are over 20 homes with some sort of damage, ranging from minor to one home nearly destroyed. 

I was at work until dark last night helping to clean up debris and went in this morning to do a better assessment. 

Geez.. i'm glad everyone is okay. Sorry about your weekend. The residents are lucky to have you.

Take care.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, kbois said:

Glad everyone is OK.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, kbois said:

They basically are the same thing -- only difference is in how they start to form (and how big they can get). Once up and going, both are terrifying and dangerous.  Glad there were no serous injuries or deaths.

Edited by Fae Briona
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

They basically are the same thing -- only difference is in how they start to form (and how big they can get). Once up and going, both are terrifying and dangerous.  Glad there were no serous injuries or deaths.

Dud they mean groundspout? That IS a tornado.

According to wiki

A landspout is a tornado with a narrow, rope-like condensation funnel that forms while the thunderstorm cloud is still growing and there is no rotating updraft - the spinning motion originates near the ground. Waterspouts are similar to landspouts, except they occur over water.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

6 hours ago, Kitt said:

Dud they mean groundspout? That IS a tornado.

According to wiki

A landspout is a tornado with a narrow, rope-like condensation funnel that forms while the thunderstorm cloud is still growing and there is no rotating updraft - the spinning motion originates near the ground. Waterspouts are similar to landspouts, except they occur over water.

I don't think the terminology matters at this point. The damage has been done. High winds are not to be taken lightly, no matter what they're called. 

Most of the debris has been hauled away. There are still a few homes which need clearing. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, kbois said:

I don't think the terminology matters at this point. The damage has been done. High winds are not to be taken lightly, no matter what they're called. 

Most of the debris has been hauled away. There are still a few homes which need clearing. 

Just sounds scary to me...  i'm just glad you're okay.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Day off today ... it's cool and cloudy ..  the poster below sounds great.  i'm not good at sleeping in or laying in bed.. i'm one of those "i'm awake now, get up" people. Sadly, my motivation often drops as soon as. LOL

Have a good Monday.

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Just sounds scary to me...  i'm just glad you're okay.

Me too!

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Day off today ... it's cool and cloudy ..  the poster below sounds great.  i'm not good at sleeping in or laying in bed.. i'm one of those "i'm awake now, get up" people. Sadly, my motivation often drops as soon as. LOL

Have a good Monday.

I'm more of a wake up, hit snooze, hit snooze, hit snooze again, then reluctantly drag my butt out of bed. Mornings are not my thing. ☺️

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, kbois said:

Me too!

I'm more of a wake up, hit snooze, hit snooze, hit snooze again, then reluctantly drag my butt out of bed. Mornings are not my thing. ☺️

My Husband is like you.  :) 

• Haha 4
17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

17 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Now there's a comparison to make me chuckle! I guess if I used my best "Mom" tone, I could pull off intimidating. I do get rather growlly in the morning.

There's not a pair of heels in this world that can help with the height difference. 🤣

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Me too!

Same, to the point I broke my snooze button. :P 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Now there's a comparison to make me chuckle! I guess if I used my best "Mom" tone, I could pull off intimidating. I do get rather growlly in the morning.

There's not a pair of heels in this world that can help with the height difference. 🤣

Weirdo.  image.png.550c766ec6fca31444c440538682444b.png

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, kbois said:

I'd be in the back of an ambulance and hospital bound in less than two seconds. 

People often think tall is better ... you should ask Michael about that. He's got some stories and always says you do not want to be this tall.  Mind you, old ladies in the grocery store do appreciate Him. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

People often think tall is better ... you should ask Michael about that. He's got some stories and always says you do not want to be this tall.  Mind you, old ladies in the grocery store do appreciate Him. 

I just picture Mike scrunched up in most cars. Didn't you tell us you guys have a Jeep? I was cramped in a Wrangler. I can't picture him folded up into one!

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Kitt said:

I just picture Mike scrunched up in most cars. Didn't you tell us you guys have a Jeep? I was cramped in a Wrangler. I can't picture him folded up into one!

He did have a jeep .. but He sold it because of his chronic dizziness. He doesn't drive anymore. Not for a couple of years now.   But yeah, some vehicles are hard for Him to sit in comfortably. 

You have to look up a lot, watch for low branches and stuff ... and the door closing things like on store doors have caught Him in the head more than once.  Clothes are not easy to buy up here .. and for some reason, pre-shrunk is a foreign idea.  He's ordered clothes from USA which have been better as they seem to understand who they are dealing with.  

Short ladies in the grocery store often say, "Can i borrow him? There's something on the top shelf.."   It's sweet.. .they usually come up to his waist. lol

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

He did have a jeep .. but He sold it because of his chronic dizziness. He doesn't drive anymore. Not for a couple of years now.   But yeah, some vehicles are hard for Him to sit in comfortably. 

You have to look up a lot, watch for low branches and stuff ... and the door closing things like on store doors have caught Him in the head more than once.  Clothes are not easy to buy up here .. and for some reason, pre-shrunk is a foreign idea.  He's ordered clothes from USA which have been better as they seem to understand who they are dealing with.  

Short ladies in the grocery store often say, "Can i borrow him? There's something on the top shelf.."   It's sweet.. .they usually come up to his waist. lol

I saw a clip online recently from a guy who was 7'1". He wore a GoPro at eye level so people could get his perspective. It was mind-boggling.  Especially the amount of dust and crud on top of store displays..lol. 

His girlfriend was at least a foot and a half shorter. 

Being at either end of the height spectrum must be difficult. I'm glad old ladies appreciate Michael. My oldest is 6ft and my younger is 6'2". I've exploited their reaching capabilities many times. 

• Haha 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..