The Drop in Centre

11 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

best thing i read all day.

i'm so very happy for you. i know how  hard you've worked to be here 🫂

you've always been there for me. Sometimes just knowing that you are helps. xoxo

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Great news glad things are going better for you. Keep up the great job.

take care

thanks, rick.  One day at a time, right?  you too. take care of yourself.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
23 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.d2469d1fee4641bd5d64788557b00c55.png

So..  life has been pretty good lately. My shrink agreed to visits every two weeks from weekly. i feel good. i feel like i am coping with my world better.

i feel positive, like there is a reason to live and to be happy for the first time really since i was a kid. i'd have moments of that but it never lasted more than a day or two. Now is different somehow. Like someone lifted a veil or something.  i don't know if it will last, but knowing that i may have a downturn, doesn't scare me anymore. That's who i am. Depression is part of me, but not all of me and i need to love that part too and accept it. But now i feel i can control my triggers .... i can see them coming.

Usually, i'd just take the negative path, but i've been able to stop myself. i've been able to be positive and then decide to go and talk to Michael or Dan and keep myself from sliding too far, if at all.

This doesnt feel like a manic phase either. It's been awhile since i've been feeling like this and yeah, i hope i can keep it going.

i hope all of you are well and doing okay.

It’s a day away, but I already know what I’m thankful for. I couldn’t be more happy or pleased for you, tim.

Keep going in that direction and don’t look back. 

Love you lots xoxo

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

“Happy Thanksgiving” 

Michael, Sir and tim.

“Thanksgiving reminds us that we must always express our gratitude to people who have helped us in some way….. Best wishes to you on Thanksgiving….. Have a wonderful one!!!”

E6230ED8-031D-497B-B8F3-D8AEB4A49837.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s a day away, but I already know what I’m thankful for. I couldn’t be more happy or pleased for you, tim.

Keep going in that direction and don’t look back. 

Love you lots xoxo

Thank you. Love you back xoxo   Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

“Happy Thanksgiving” 

Michael, Sir and tim.

“Thanksgiving reminds us that we must always express our gratitude to people who have helped us in some way….. Best wishes to you on Thanksgiving….. Have a wonderful one!!!”

E6230ED8-031D-497B-B8F3-D8AEB4A49837.jpeg

Thanks, rick.  Much appreciated. xoxxo

• Like 2
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Funny how that always happens, isn’t it?

Hide contents

It was just too tasty…

It was .. everything came out perfectly ... but we only had one serving. i don't usually eat big meals but it was worth it!.. Then later pumpkin pie with whipped cream!!  Looking forward to turkey sandwiches!!! 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It was .. everything came out perfectly ... but we only had one serving. i don't usually eat big meals but it was worth it!.. Then later pumpkin pie with whipped cream!!  Looking forward to turkey sandwiches!!! 

leftovers are the best part of the big holiday meal. we will freeze some of the leftovers and have them later so nothing goes to waste. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

leftovers are the best part of the big holiday meal. we will freeze some of the leftovers and have them later so nothing goes to waste. 

oh, it'll be gone this week.  The turkey was dismantled and the bones were in the instant pot for stock right away. We don't buy a big turkey around 4 kg (8.8 lbs already stuffed). So it'll be gone in a couple of days. Then we'll have some soup.

But we have done that, frozen leftovers, it's smart and saves on cooking too. I do that with lasagna, chili etc. i only have the fridge freezer, which isn't a bad size and we manage with that. Michael decided after going through several chest freezers that enough was enough and we were not going to get another one.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

You guys can find small turkeys???

Around here 12 lbs ( about 5 1/2 lilos) is the smallest you can find and they dissappear fast. I used to get a 16 lb and while still frozen have them split it in half down the middle. Leave one side in the freezer and cook the other half. My store will no longer do that. Claims they can't due to cross contamination issues.

• Wow 3
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Michael decided after going through several chest freezers that enough was enough and we were not going to get another one.

I have a chest freezer a friend gave me four years ago. She had it for ten. It's still going strong. It replaced a smaller one we had for about 12 years which still ran fine. It got donated. 

18 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Around here 12 lbs ( about 5 1/2 lilos) is the smallest you can find and they dissappear fast. I used to get a 16 lb and while still frozen have them split it in half down the middle. Leave one side in the freezer and cook the other half. My store will no longer do that. Claims they can't due to cross contamination issues.

Last year I got an 18lb (or so) turkey for three of us. The year before I got a small 10 pounder and when I went to make turkey pot pie, there was no turkey left. There's no way I'm missing out on that. I look forward to it every year. This year won't be any different!

Have a good day everyone!

• Love 3

oh, it'll be gone this week.  The turkey was dismantled and the bones were in the instant pot for stock right away. We don't buy a big turkey around 4 kg (8.8 lbs already stuffed). So it'll be gone in a couple of days. Then we'll have some soup.

But we have done that, frozen leftovers, it's smart and saves on cooking too. I do that with lasagna, chili etc. i only have the fridge freezer, which isn't a bad size and we manage with that. Michael decided after going through several chest freezers that enough was enough and we were not going to get another one.

tim i saw a hack on freezing meat to take a ziplock bag and put the meat in there and flatten the bag so it’s like a book. it freezes / thaws faster. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

yeah we can get 4 to 5 kg and up. The one we bought was a stuffed butterball which you cook from frozen. They are really nice. It was 4.1kg stuffed, so not very big at all. But enough for us and a guest and we have leftovers. So, it's good.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim i saw a hack on freezing meat to take a ziplock bag and put the meat in there and flatten the bag so it’s like a book. it freezes / thaws faster. 

yeah i freeze lots of things flat if i can.. i use a lot of canned pumpkin and it comes in BIG cans so i freeze it flat, much better for my little freezer.  Thanks for the tips, rick!!

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

we also take dressing and put it in a muffin pan to freeze.

that's a good idea .. but there likely won't be much of that left either... bunch of animals around here!!!

• Haha 3
51 minutes ago, kbois said:

I have a chest freezer a friend gave me four years ago. She had it for ten. It's still going strong. It replaced a smaller one we had for about 12 years which still ran fine. It got donated. 

Last year I got an 18lb (or so) turkey for three of us. The year before I got a small 10 pounder and when I went to make turkey pot pie, there was no turkey left. There's no way I'm missing out on that. I look forward to it every year. This year won't be any different!

Have a good day everyone!

It's good if you have plans for your leftovers ... i have had bigger turkeys when Peter lived with us and would eat 'stinking' turkey, haha.  I'd make a pie, curry and and turkey makes a mean spaghetti sauce too.  Mostly, i'm happy with a sandwich or two and a bowl of soup!  lol   Since Michael got diabetes, we don't eat much pie, though we both love them.

• Like 3
  • Site Moderator
14 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

My fave post TG  is turkey and stuffing sandwiches. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Love 2

It's good if you have plans for your leftovers ... i have had bigger turkeys when Peter lived with us and would eat 'stinking' turkey, haha.  I'd make a pie, curry and and turkey makes a mean spaghetti sauce too.  Mostly, i'm happy with a sandwich or two and a bowl of soup!  lol   Since Michael got diabetes, we don't eat much pie, though we both love them.

Turkey pot is my once-a-year treat. I usually make two. I throw in whatever leftovers there are and douse it with a couple of gallons of gravy, lol. One lasts a few days and the second I cut up and freeze the individual servings to bring to work for lunch. Once it's gone.... that's it for another year! I'm lucky, we have two refrigerators with decent sized freezers at work that I can keep stuff in. Unless the HOA is having an event I can pack enough stuff for two or three weeks worth of lunches. 

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..