The Drop in Centre

5 hours ago, kbois said:

Thanks molly. 

We made it through okay. It was pretty scary for a while. We had gusts over 100mph and way more rain than was expected. No damage to our house but a lot of branches and debris from the 3 big oak trees we have. 

The community I work in sustained heavy damages. We are still assessing and there's a crew from several of our northern properties arriving today to help with clean up and making sure our resident's homes are secure. 

I'm glad you're back with us. 

@rickproehl I hope the second opinion yields a better course of treatment for you. 

I've got another busy day ahead of me but at least I was able to sleep last night. 

Have a good day everyone!

thanks i hope things get better for you.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Another good one ...

image.png.491d3304900a054a3563a12daf72d670.png

Thank you for this reminder. The past week has been chaotic, and that's putting it mildly. So many things have been out of our control. This puts it into perspective. ❤

• Like 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.d2469d1fee4641bd5d64788557b00c55.png

So..  life has been pretty good lately. My shrink agreed to visits every two weeks from weekly. i feel good. i feel like i am coping with my world better.

i feel positive, like there is a reason to live and to be happy for the first time really since i was a kid. i'd have moments of that but it never lasted more than a day or two. Now is different somehow. Like someone lifted a veil or something.  i don't know if it will last, but knowing that i may have a downturn, doesn't scare me anymore. That's who i am. Depression is part of me, but not all of me and i need to love that part too and accept it. But now i feel i can control my triggers .... i can see them coming.

Usually, i'd just take the negative path, but i've been able to stop myself. i've been able to be positive and then decide to go and talk to Michael or Dan and keep myself from sliding too far, if at all.

This doesnt feel like a manic phase either. It's been awhile since i've been feeling like this and yeah, i hope i can keep it going.

i hope all of you are well and doing okay.

I'm so happy for you!

You changed your avatar too. I love it!

Keep up the positives and know that you've got an amazing support system when you need it. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I'm so happy for you!

You changed your avatar too. I love it!

Keep up the positives and know that you've got an amazing support system when you need it. 

Thank you.  The avatar is my coffee mug.. Michael got if for me.. it reminded Him of me carrying our much smaller poodle home.

i'll do my best to stay on this plane ... i like it here.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

So..  life has been pretty good lately. My shrink agreed to visits every two weeks from weekly. i feel good. i feel like i am coping with my world better.

i feel positive, like there is a reason to live and to be happy for the first time really since i was a kid. i'd have moments of that but it never lasted more than a day or two. Now is different somehow. Like someone lifted a veil or something.  i don't know if it will last, but knowing that i may have a downturn, doesn't scare me anymore. That's who i am. Depression is part of me, but not all of me and i need to love that part too and accept it. But now i feel i can control my triggers .... i can see them coming.

Usually, i'd just take the negative path, but i've been able to stop myself. i've been able to be positive and then decide to go and talk to Michael or Dan and keep myself from sliding too far, if at all.

This doesnt feel like a manic phase either. It's been awhile since i've been feeling like this and yeah, i hope i can keep it going.

best thing i read all day.

i'm so very happy for you. i know how  hard you've worked to be here 🫂

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Great news glad things are going better for you. Keep up the great job.

take care

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..