The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

My  for post TG  is turkey and stuffing sandwiches. 

Aint no turkey sandwich without the stuffing and lots of cranberry sauce .. i could just sit and eat a bowl of cranberry sauce...LOL 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Turkey pot is my once-a-year treat. I usually make two. I throw in whatever leftovers there are and douse it with a couple of gallons of gravy, lol. One lasts a few days and the second I cut up and freeze the individual servings to bring to work for lunch. Once it's gone.... that's it for another year! I'm lucky, we have two refrigerators with decent sized freezers at work that I can keep stuff in. Unless the HOA is having an event I can pack enough stuff for two or three weeks worth of lunches. 

pie lasts for days:  is that possible?  haha 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

pie lasts for days:  is that possible?  haha 

If I shove it in the back of my fridge and hide it from my son... yes, hubs and I each get 3 pieces. Once the kid spies it.... all bets are off! Lol. 

• Haha 5
15 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

To hide things i put them on the top shelf of the fridge. Most people around here have to bend double or do squats, to see that shelf. Me included. LOL

Hmmm. I think we need to have a chat, boy.  

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.0ed1fb366d46137ffe176bc28104ae99.png

This came to mind..

I read somewhere that weeds are anything you don’t want growing in your garden. Strange that roses might be considered a weed, isn’t it? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Had a nice Thursday night ... was taken out to Buddha's which serve vegetarian Chinese food. It was really delicious.  Then was treated to some amazing cookies from this place:

https://thenightbaker.com/

We had the classic, mistachio and ooh bae... which we cut up and sampled because they are so big. We were joined by Dan (Sir) and our nephew Peter and his bf Jess.  I know they are pricey but honestly, i'd order some for special occasions because they are sooooo delicious.

We were in the west end of Toronto. I really like it down there. Walked a lot as it was such a wonderful fall afternoon.  We live at the red dot and were in the area of the blue one.  Michael, Dan and i took the subway down there, cuz it's insane to drive. We took an Uber home however. It was late.

image.thumb.png.aaa1df392d20008076fa57fc24374296.png

image.png.96491587a69fb9e5922accc1ce8cf518.png

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Had a nice Thursday night ... was taken out to Buddha's which service vegetarian Chinese food. It was really delicious.  Then was treated to some amazing cookies from this place:

https://thenightbaker.com/

We had the classic, mistachio and ooh bae... which we cut up and sampled because they are so big. We were joined by Dan (Sir) and our nephew Peter and his bf Jess.  I know they are pricey but honestly, i'd order some for special occasions because they are sooooo delicious.

We were in the west end of Toronto. I really like it down there. Walked a lot as it was such a wonderful fall afternoon.  We live at the red dot and were in the area of the blue one.  Michael, Dan and i took the subway down there, cuz it's insane to drive. We took an Uber home however. It was late.

image.thumb.png.aaa1df392d20008076fa57fc24374296.png

image.png.96491587a69fb9e5922accc1ce8cf518.png

I might have to plan a trip to Toronto just for some of those cookies! One day. Fly up. Bring biggest empty carry-on I can get away with. Go get cookies. Fly home. 

Yup. Doable. 🤣🤣

Happy Saturday!

• Haha 5
46 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

@Mikiesboy Thise cookies look absolutely scrumptious! 

PS: Wish I still lived in Toronto, because it would be so easy for me to get there…

It's hard to pick one .. glad we cut them up a bit so we could all try all of the ones we picked. I liked them all, but they are so moreish... It's likely a good thing we do not live down there. LOL

• Love 4
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It's hard to pick one .. glad we cut them up a bit so we could all try all of the ones we picked. I liked them all, but they are so moreish... It's likely a good thing we do not live down there. LOL

I totally agree. Living almost on top of a pizza place that made the most amazing grilled chicken caesar sandwiches, was so good, but so bad at the same time.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@Mikiesboy sounds like a wonderful evening! so happy for you.

@kboisweekend trip to Toronto is doable! hope y'all are doing OK. 

@Reader1810that sandwich sounds so good!

Hi molly!

Things are finally settling down again after Ian. I now know the true meaning of the word exhaustion. 

Things are okay now. Looking forward to the holidays. My older son and his fiancé are coming home and my sister-out-law, nephew, niece and her boyfriend are coming. It's going to be a great week. 

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!

• Like 1
  • Love 4

from my conversation with my therapist 

let's reframe Sunday night from

"Ugghh gotta go to work tomorrow."

to

"i get to go to work tomorrow. i have a job."

yeah, i know i'm working on it too.

have a good night everyone 

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just got home from Doctor and they see no change in my wound. so the next step is Surgery i see that Doctor next week. so this blasted process starts all over again. 

this is so depressing i followed every Doc order and still it won’t heal. 

the sad thing is the second time the surgery is bigger and more involved. 

take care of your self.

Sorry to here that Rick. Take care of yourself xx

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
48 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just got home from Doctor and they see no change in my wound. so the next step is Surgery i see that Doctor next week. so this blasted process starts all over again. 

this is so depressing i followed every Doc order and still it won’t heal. 

the sad thing is the second time the surgery is bigger and more involved. 

take care of your self.

Sorry to hear that, rick. I do hope your surgery will mend your wound for good.

:hug: 

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..