The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just got home from Doctor and they see no change in my wound. so the next step is Surgery i see that Doctor next week. so this blasted process starts all over again. 

this is so depressing i followed every Doc order and still it won’t heal. 

the sad thing is the second time the surgery is bigger and more involved. 

take care of your self.

I'm so sorry to hear this. It's frustrating when we do everything we're supposed to and our bodies won't cooperate. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

just got home from Doctor and they see no change in my wound. so the next step is Surgery i see that Doctor next week. so this blasted process starts all over again. 

take care of your self.

I'm so sorry Rick.  That's disappointing news for sure.  

I will wish an easy recovery on you when you make that next step. 

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all. 

Hope you all are happy and healthy. 

I have big news. I was named as a state appointed board member for the mental health and recovery board in my county.  I'll serve until June 2026. 

It was a long process but I'm super excited to serve my community in this way. 

Congratulations 👏 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

take care of your self.

I'm sorry to hear that rick. I hope that this next surgery will get you healed once and for all. Sending good thoughts and positive energy your way. Take care of yourself. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all. 

I have big news. I was named as a state appointed board member for the mental health and recovery board in my county.  I'll serve until June 2026. 

Congratulations! 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all. 

Congratulations! That's awesome news!

• Like 4
4 hours ago, rickproehl said:

take care of your self.

i'm sorry also...  i know you're strong. just hang in there my friend.  xoxox

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all. 

That's wonderful!!  Congratulations, you'll be brilliant!!

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hello all. 

Great News Congratulations 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

A common theme in my caregiver support group that I keep harping on. 

Most of them don't listen.  Sigh. 

it took me a lot of years to understand it.  i thought i should be able to motor thru depressive episodes, not give into it but that just made it worse.

i haven't had one for a few months now. Which is great but also scary. i don't go to therapy as often now but i was there last week. i told the doc i was worried about what will happen it when one does come, because it will.

He said, that yes it likely will come, so what is your plan when it does?  i said, tell Michael how i feel, let you know what's going on and remember it is only temporary, remember the months of 'good' times and remember it's just part of me.  And that rest and quiet are necessary to cope during this time.

He said that all sounds good. He said now write that down, then embroider it and put it on your wall.

i just laughed.  He knows i knit ...lol 

But i did write it down.. my plan.  It's a bit less scary now and i don't feel like i'm just waiting for it to happen.

• Love 5

thanks for all the positive thoughts. took a day or so to reflect on this upcoming surgery. Yes, i didn’t want it to happen but at the same time i want this to heal. so 1 step back to go 2 steps forward. let’s hope this will take care of this. 

take care of your self.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

Homecoming is this weekend. Time to hide inside (if possible) and avoid the chaos and crowds.

SP had to go in to work this evening.  It's either going to be dead, because everyone will be at walkaround (think parade in reverse -- the "floats" are stationary constructs and everyone walks about looking at them, instead of staying in one space and watching them pass by -- upside to this [?] is that the displays can be HUGE); OR it's going to be crazy busy because the weather is good (we broke record highs today, after breaking record lows two days ago) and everyone is going to want to grab things for cookouts / tailgaiting.

i don't know what homecoming is.. but i hope you can hide from the homecomers successfully !

• Like 5
10 hours ago, kbois said:

College towns tend to get rather busy and chaotic. I don't blame @Fae Briona for wanting to hide.

Ah, i know they have graduation dances here ... not heard of anything like that happening, other than a high school or college reunion.  i'd hide too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Hope everyone is well.

All is well here, just got back last night from 6 days working away from home. 

oh!  Where were you working?  Somewhere semi-fun?  Not that work is fun but maybe after???

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..