The Drop in Centre

27 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

happy Saturday!

the sun is out, and everything looks brighter today.

getting through the to-do list:

farmers market

pet store

pick up new eye glasses

finish ordering groceries (almost done 👍)

Sounds like a busy day!

• Like 3

Ok, it's not a full moon. Why do I keep finding lunatics?

Background. I drive a Dodge 2500 megacab with a 6 foot bed and a trailer hitch that extends about a foot from the back bumper. For those of you not familiar, it's a BIG 4 door pickup with a back seat Mike would be comfortable in, 8 more inches of interior storage behind said back seat and then the cargo bed behind that. 

It simply does not fit in 1 space in most parking lots that are designed for smaller vehicles. So I park out in the boonies, and choose slots that I can stop with my nose within the one space then let the back take up anywhere from a quarter to a third of the adjacent space, making sure to be centered left to right. Hubby does the same.

Today we stop at the grocery on our way home. He runs in, and I sit to read @kbois latest chapter. Truck suddenly jerks forward, idiot has rear ended MY PARKED TRUCK. I get out of the PASSENGER side to see what if any damage there is. Idiot gets out of his full size 4 door pick up screaming at me that I am taking 2 slots, that's illegal, move my truck right now, etc etc etc, and he is being so profane with his language ladies around us are turning funny colors and rushing their kids away. I tried to remain polite, and said I got out to see if my trailer hitch damaged his grill. More profanity about how horrible a driver I am and move my f$#@%$g truck right now. I admit I lost it and told him to f#@% off. Then he really lost it, threatened to call the police ( he called them pigs btw) ranted about if there is any damage on my truck he will take a pick, then did so of a tiny dent in my FRONT bumper gotten when I first bought this behemoth and misjudged one of those concrete parking posts.  He eventually ran out of steam and left to do his shopping. I thought about calling a patrolman just to cya, but with no damage to either truck would have felt like I was wasting his time. 

Can someone please explain to me how I was wrong for him hitting my truck? Was I supposed to pull fwd till my tailgate hit the line leaving 5 ft of truck in the road?  He did leave 5 ft of his sticking out when he stomped off.

• Like 2

Background. I drive a Dodge 2500 megacab with a 6 foot bed and a trailer hitch that extends about a foot from the back bumper. For those of you not familiar, it's a BIG 4 door pickup with a back seat Mike would be comfortable in, 8 more inches of interior storage behind said back seat and then the cargo bed behind that. 

It simply does not fit in 1 space in most parking lots that are designed for smaller vehicles. So I park out in the boonies, and choose slots that I can stop with my nose within the one space then let the back take up anywhere from a quarter to a third of the adjacent space, making sure to be centered left to right. Hubby does the same.

Today we stop at the grocery on our way home. He runs in, and I sit to read @kbois latest chapter. Truck suddenly jerks forward, idiot has rear ended MY PARKED TRUCK. I get out of the PASSENGER side to see what if any damage there is. Idiot gets out of his full size 4 door pick up screaming at me that I am taking 2 slots, that's illegal, move my truck right now, etc etc etc, and he is being so profane with his language ladies around us are turning funny colors and rushing their kids away. I tried to remain polite, and said I got out to see if my trailer hitch damaged his grill. More profanity about how horrible a driver I am and move my f$#@%$g truck right now. I admit I lost it and told him to f#@% off. Then he really lost it, threatened to call the police ( he called them pigs btw) ranted about if there is any damage on my truck he will take a pick, then did so of a tiny dent in my FRONT bumper gotten when I first bought this behemoth and misjudged one of those concrete parking posts.  He eventually ran out of steam and left to do his shopping. I thought about calling a patrolman just to cya, but with no damage to either truck would have felt like I was wasting his time. 

Can someone please explain to me how I was wrong for him hitting my truck? Was I supposed to pull fwd till my tailgate hit the line leaving 5 ft of truck in the road?  He did leave 5 ft of his sticking out when he stomped off.

• Like 1
  • Wow 2
21 minutes ago, Kitt said:

You're not wrong. If you were parked in the boonies of the parking lot then shame on him. I still would've called the police, gotten a report and then taken the truck to get it checked. 

When I was 16 and had had my permit for 10 days I got rear-ended. The guy took off. Cocky 16 year old me took off after him. (Mom and my BFF were in the car with me). Long story short, the guy stopped, mom goes to find a pay phone (1984 peeps) the guy threatens to take off, I tell him I'd like to see him try. (BFF is mortified, horrified and terrified). 

Police (and Dad) show up. Guy was drunk, had a warrant and we had $1500 worth of undercarriage damage)

His insurance had to cover the damage. 

Some people are just idiots. 

• Wow 2
7 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Okaaaaay, didn't mean to rant twice! Guess I should wait till the rage passes before hitting send!

Been there. Done that. You have to make sure your editor is cleared. Otherwise it's double post city. Lol

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, kbois said:

You're not wrong. If you were parked in the boonies of the parking lot then shame on him. I still would've called the police, gotten a report and then taken the truck to get it checked. 

When I was 16 and had had my permit for 10 days I got rear-ended. The guy took off. Cocky 16 year old me took off after him. (Mom and my BFF were in the car with me). Long story short, the guy stopped, mom goes to find a pay phone (1984 peeps) the guy threatens to take off, I tell him I'd like to see him try. (BFF is mortified, horrified and terrified). 

Police (and Dad) show up. Guy was drunk, had a warrant and we had $1500 worth of undercarriage damage)

His insurance had to cover the damage. 

Some people are just idiots. 

I was in the truck when it happened. Honestly was barely a bump, just enough to feel. I got out because I thought my hitch might have damaged his grill. 

If someone tells me how to downsize the photo I'll show you how he left his truck when he finally stomped off.  Literally the entire bed of his truck stuck out into the drive.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Kitt said:

I was in the truck when it happened. Honestly was barely a bump, just enough to feel. I got out because I thought my hitch might have damaged his grill. 

If someone tells me how to downsize the photo I'll show you how he left his truck when he finally stomped off.  Literally the entire bed of his truck stuck out into the drive.

You might just need to clear your attachments. Go to <profile> then <attachments> then delete any old ones. That should clear up enough space. 

• Like 1
  • Site Moderator

@Kitt try this (I’m using my iPad)

1. click/tap on the Add files button in the text box.

2. Choose photo library

3. Select the image you want to post

4. At the bottom of my images it says ‘show selected’ and actual size’. Click/tap on the ‘actual size’ . “Actual size’ will appear again. Click/tap it to pick the desired size from the options listed.

Click Done followed by add

The image appears in the lower half of the text box. Click on the image then ‘insert’ when that pops up

Lastly, click on submit reply.

PS: I think I made this sound more complicated than it really is…

And no, you’re not wrong. The guy who doesn’t know how to park his vehicle is. 

Edit: This was my boy, Jake.
54A2EDD9-FC17-4A81-9CA2-A16C448A3E27.jpeg.b0d4e025d8d9bdde6da954a00d43e0c5.jpeg

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Today is soup-making day. This week's Ask An Author blog asked five questions anyone could chime on on. One if the questions was "What's your favorite soup?" That had me craving homemade soup for the past three days. 

Aldi had bags of a butternut squash mix so I grabbed two. It's butternut squash, Spinach, onion, cranberries and herbs. I dumped it in the crock pot with a carton of vegetable broth. When it's done I'll puree it. The color will most likely be gross, but I'm hoping it tastes good. 

I also threw together chicken, rice, jalapeño broth, tomatoes, corn, green chiles, rice and enchilada sauce in the big crock pot. It smells amazing. 

Hope everyone has a good week!

• Like 2
4 hours ago, kbois said:

Today is soup-making day. This week's Ask An Author blog asked five questions anyone could chime on on. One if the questions was "What's your favorite soup?" That had me craving homemade soup for the past three days. 

Aldi had bags of a butternut squash mix so I grabbed two. It's butternut squash, Spinach, onion, cranberries and herbs. I dumped it in the crock pot with a carton of vegetable broth. When it's done I'll puree it. The color will most likely be gross, but I'm hoping it tastes good. 

I also threw together chicken, rice, jalapeño broth, tomatoes, corn, green chiles, rice and enchilada sauce in the big crock pot. It smells amazing. 

Hope everyone has a good week!

i love soup!

did chicken tortilla soup last week. doing a meatball tortellini one this week

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

It is A Hiding Under a Rock Day....   while i battle to put the demon back in its box.  i'm winning. Either i'm better at it or its getting weaker.  Maybe a bit of both.

i hope you all have a good day, even though its Monday. 

i hope your day is better have a good evening 

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

image.png.ffb8b3a1c9d311fcfc93ac913d9f7658.png

I really like this one. 

However... my brain immediately wanted to change it to;

Where the mind goes, the body will follow. . So keep your thoughts away from the cookies. 

Still good advice I guess. 

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, kbois said:

I really like this one. 

However... my brain immediately wanted to change it to;

Where the mind goes, the body will follow. . So keep your thoughts away from the cookies. 

Still good advice I guess. 

i like it.. but for me it would be cake... there is not enough cake, nor is it a lie!!

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..