The Drop in Centre

1 hour ago, MichaelS36 said:

I know what keeps that boy happy! You cannot wrong with cake, especially that one. 

I hope you are doing all right. @kbois

So far the boat isn't rocking too much. He's supposed to be moving in with a friend in a few weeks. We'll see how that goes. Hopefully it will work out. So overall it's been ok. Thanks for asking. 

• Love 5

Ok, since when does the 1st heat wave ( defined as 3 or more consecutive days over 90*) start after Labor Day???

We have had unbearably hot days this year but no streaks of 3 days in a row. Apparently 89* with a high humidity and a "Feels like" over 100 does not count!

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
On 9/4/2023 at 4:12 AM, chris191070 said:

Morning All

Hope everyone is well. All is good with me and Hubby.

Job interviews today.

Thought you had a job you loved?  Either way hope it goes well!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Thought you had a job you loved?  Either way hope it goes well!

I do.But the new General Manager has reduced everyone's hours worked by about a third, so myself and most of the staff are looking for new jobs.

• Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 2
35 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I do.But the new General Manager has reduced everyone's hours worked by about a third, so myself and most of the staff are looking for new jobs.

That's rough. The owner of my park decided to crack down on overtime. While I'm happy I don't have to work every Saturday anymore, losing 10 hours a week at time and half hurts. But my employee housing rate still can't be beat, so there's that. 

Good luck Chris!

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Kitt said:

Ok, since when does the 1st heat wave ( defined as 3 or more consecutive days over 90*) start after Labor Day???

We have had unbearably hot days this year but no streaks of 3 days in a row. Apparently 89* with a high humidity and a "Feels like" over 100 does not count!

That sounds familiar.  :(  We're still having days 100+ F -- average high should be around 89 F

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

We've got a heatwave here in the UK. Third day in row of temperatures 32c.

Which is far to hot when I'm in work as the kitchen temps reaches about 38c.

The weather network says... 'unusual September heat' .. yeah no kidding, it's the crap we didn't get in August... but yeah we're under extreme heat warnings here too. Like lots of places when i looked at the map.  The kitchen must be a horror show in this heat.. drink lots .. that goes for everyone.  Drink before you feel thirsty!  

Best of luck with the job interviews, chris!

Edited by Mikiesboy
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Kitt said:

2 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

That sounds familiar.  :(  We're still having days 100+ F -- average high should be around 89 F

2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

We've got a heatwave here in the UK. Third day in row of temperatures 32c.

Which is far to hot when I'm in work as the kitchen temps reaches about 38c.

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

The weather network says... 'unusual September heat' .. yeah no kidding, it's the crap we didn't get in August... but yeah we're under extreme heat warnings here too. Like lots of places when i looked at the map.  The kitchen must be a horror show in this heat.. drink lots .. that goes for everyone.  Drink before you feel thirsty!  

Best of luck with the job interviews, chris!

We're starting month 5 of the unbearable heat. It has dropped down to the low 90s during the day and we actually dipped into the 70s overnight. The sun is still hammering everything relentlessly though. 

I never imagined living somewhere where the heat index remained over 110 for 3 months straight. 

The owner will be here next week so I'm busting my butt cleaning my office. Day 2... almost done. My back hurts. I owe my guys big time. They have to deal with the heat getting the rest of the park looking good. I'm not usually such a slavedriver, but I have to be. Last year the owner wasn't happy with how things looked. It was when I was having so many issues with the manager next door and I was on vacation when he was here. This year I'm on a mission to make a much better impression. 

Have a good day everyone!

• Like 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, kbois said:

I never imagined living somewhere where the heat index remained over 110 for 3 months straight

No thanks re the weather ... hope the boss likes your office and the park!  Good luck!  :)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just got in from work. Kitchen was only 36.7.

Current bedroom temp 28.6, not much sleep tonight me thinks.

It might have cooled down, by the time I've eaten my tea of pizza (10.30pm in the UK)

Hope everyone is keeping well in this heat and drinking lots.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

it is blessedly cool here today.. and last night too .. i am sick, have been for a couple of days. But it was good to be able to sleep last night.  Have a mild sore throat and congestion.. feel like I've been hit by a truck though.. i'm just doing very little hoping this goes away soon... have a good day folks. 

image.png.1f7231b6ff0b1dafb9fa46047e92c583.png

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

it is blessedly cool here today.. and last night too .. i am sick, have been for a couple of days. But it was good to be able to sleep last night.  Have a mild sore throat and congestion.. feel like I've been hit by a truck though.. i'm just doing very little hoping this goes away soon... have a good day folks. 

image.png.1f7231b6ff0b1dafb9fa46047e92c583.png

I hope you feel better soon tim. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

The coolness is a nice change, isn’t it? I just wish you weren’t feeling poorly, so you could enjoy it more. 

Take care, tim.

xoxo

• Like 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Take care tim. Hope you start to feel better.

6 hours ago, spyke said:

I hope you feel better soon tim. 

3 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

The coolness is a nice change, isn’t it? I just wish you weren’t feeling poorly, so you could enjoy it more. 

Take care, tim.

xoxo

thanks all ... i don't what is wrong with me.. i just feel heavy and tired.  i'm glad it's cooler.  Stay well all.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

thanks all ... i don't what is wrong with me.. i just feel heavy and tired.  i'm glad it's cooler.  Stay well all.

I hope you feel better soon!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..